Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signum Fidei

Big game for ourselves and rossa on tonight, i say it will be really tough game in terrible conditions by the looks of things.

Rossa really need to win this or i feel they maybe out of promotion (maybe not).

Gort v St Pauls Gort should win but once again conditions derby etc

Clooney v Tir na org should be a good could go both ways

Glenarrif should win easy Sorry

Glensman

I assume Colonel was referring to the fact that Watson was playing for DC in the first leg of the Premier/championship playoff  of NI league football:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8035012.stm
Am sure you have seen the disputes re whether the play off should be played or not.

Guessing Colonel was saying if after the next leg on Friday night DC win then Watson could be back playing for the bodies by the weekend (or the weekend after if that is when games are). If they don't win their might be a battle in the courtroom.

Shock return to the county with Liam having seen the light?? or will be be a misunderstood figure for a while more. Anyone else think of Joey Barton?

the colonel

i was told he had a broken arm, and got a beating outside the elk at easter
the difference between success and failure is energy

anailís

Ballycran      2-14       St. John's    1-08
Ballycastle    2-05       Loughgiel    2-15

johnneycool

we finally got our first points last night beating the ports with a goal with almost the last puck of the ball.

2-11 to 1-13.

The prodical son returned and came on at half time and helped himself to 1-3, he might even have scored the last goal but i couldn't see from where I was and it was getting mighty dark before the end. He seems to send waves of panic amongst portaferry whenever he plays against them. If they'd stop making wholesale changes they'd probably fare better.
We still need more lads to find a bit of form especially in the forwards to take a bit of pressure of the defence who hold out for so long then capitulate

Don't know who the ref was but he was very good and dealt with the few bouts of handbags in a fair manner (Ger Robinson take note) and put some of the gobbier players in their place when the need arose. I think he's a city slicker but can't say I've seen him before, any of you ref's out there know who he was?

Minder

Rossa beat St Galls i see, a minor shock i suppose.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Signum Fidei

Rossa 4.13 Galls 4.11

well what can i say about our game.....we were just not at it. ??? ??? ???

We were missing a few players (to be honest ever team is a some stage) no excuse.

Basically rossa started of to a flyer banging in 2.04 to 0.01 in the first 5-7 mins we were always playing catch up after that. can't believe how slow we started off.  A bit of a re-gig and we final started to play some good hurling but that 9 points lead was just to much in terrible conditions. (i could barely hold my hurl at times, i also seen a few hurls flying out of boys hands trying to strike the ball)

fair play to rossa because it was a must win game for them.

We have Gorts on wed, another tough game. think the Rossa game give us the wake up call some of our players needed so it wasn't all bad news  ;D ;D ;D

seth

Quote from: johnneycool on May 07, 2009, 08:36:48 AM
we finally got our first points last night beating the ports with a goal with almost the last puck of the ball.

2-11 to 1-13.

The prodical son returned and came on at half time and helped himself to 1-3, he might even have scored the last goal but i couldn't see from where I was and it was getting mighty dark before the end. He seems to send waves of panic amongst portaferry whenever he plays against them. If they'd stop making wholesale changes they'd probably fare better.
We still need more lads to find a bit of form especially in the forwards to take a bit of pressure of the defence who hold out for so long then capitulate

Don't know who the ref was but he was very good and dealt with the few bouts of handbags in a fair manner (Ger Robinson take note) and put some of the gobbier players in their place when the need arose. I think he's a city slicker but can't say I've seen him before, any of you ref's out there know who he was?

The Ref was Garrett Duffy, St Galls man, one of MR,s Lads!!!!

bredaghgael86

I wasnt at it but our match with st.endas was abandoned with about 20mins to go because of a broken leg to one of their players? any word last man on how he is? hope he makes a quick recovery. how was the match up until that point?

Last Man

Nothing much in it BG, was shaping up to be a game of 2 halves because of the wind then our lad broke his leg 10mins into the 2nd 1/2 during quite a light challenge, just looked like a leg tangle to me. Both teams civil and sporting which is good as I sensed abit of agro creeping in last year. Anyway always good to see a few ould faces from my younger days.
Last I heard young Kev went to theatre last night and was back in today, it was a clean break which people say is best if there is such a thing as a good break.

bredaghgael86

Aye clean breaks are always better. hope its a speedy recovery. thought that myself last year, so its good to hear that it has gone now.  What do you make of th league anyway? who do you think will go up?

Last Man

To early to tell, but I fancy Glenravel to go back up, they suffered internal politics with a hired in football manager last year which ultimately screwed both their hurling and football. All sorted now apparently.

milltown row

aye the seconds played them last week (glenravel) i only played the first half as i was needed up at St Paul's. but they were a strong looking outfit. they would seem to be favourites.

we cant seem to compete at this level anymore. senior teams seem to be training harder than before and the standard at this level has risen considerably. chances of winning championships and competing in Ulster and beyond have made it really difficult for the second stream teams. cant get them out training as they know they will start anyway.

wasn't too long ago that our seconds were playing div 2 hurling!!!

maxpower

Dunloy beat Cushendall yesterday 1-15 to 0-7

both teams missing in excess of 7 players each but a decent performance from Dunloy after last week.  Few young players showing potential.
What happens next????

NAG

Any other results?

Is there any other team that anyone can think of that treats the league with more contempt than Cushendall?