Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

We were useless yesterday. We had no ball winner in the forwards whatsoever. Plenty of times we were out in front but couldnt hold onto the ball first time. Each time the ball was on the ground an Offaly man won it--even when there was 7 antrim players and one Offaly man round a ball, Antrim couldnt win it--look at the goal for one such example.

We were so slow with no zip to our play and poor striking--as far back as i can remember we have always been poor at striking--why? Did anyone else notice that neearly all of Offaly's scores were when an Offaly man was waltzing through unopposed as if he was out his back garden?

Ive seen milk turn quicker than Kelly at full forward

Embarrasing
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

NAG

Overall I thought the display was abject.

I hate to be like a broken record but it was obvoius that there was no cohesion or fluidity in our play because the team is constantly changing and no one is getting used to playing beside another man.

I would have to say that again Graffin was the top performer, he gave his man no space and was agressive without the ball and positive on the ball.

We have small forwards barring KK, and what do we do we play a stupid high ball in every time, SD was aty fault for this on numerous occasions instead of when we have time giving our man the advantage we throw in a 50-50 ball. Is this the pattern of play that has been talked about?

Really disappointed with the display against a very poor offaly side.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 11:17:37 AM
Whinging players.......is this becoming a bigger issue with the younger generation of hurlers. Seems to be alot of know it all teenagers who don't like to be told these days or is that just me showing my age?

Well I must be showing mine as well.

If I came off the field after my man scored 7 points from play (not that it hasn't happened!!) I'd be keeping my head down for a few weeks, but not some of these self inflated prima-donna's who must have someone blowin smoke up their holes as it's everyones else's fault rather than their inabilities.

Put one of these sports psychologists into a room and its open season on the manager which IMO is unfair and all to easy for some players to apportion blame without having to be man enough to speak face to face with the man they're berating..

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on April 17, 2009, 11:05:30 PM
What utopian GAA world do you live in SAS? Definately correct about the proper development through underage, but to think there is this long list of willing talented coaches scratching their cahoonas waiting to be asked before they get involved is delusioned. Too many potentially good talented coaches watching sky or playing golf in this county. What happened to giving something back?

Quote from: SASLinger on April 20, 2009, 12:36:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 12:00:56 AM
Quote from: SASLinger on April 19, 2009, 11:29:33 PM
A fair analyisis Skull, but are you prepared to play your part to improve our lot

Why have you assumed I don't already?

Because I note from your postings that you are always having a go at county administarors, Managers, coaches etc.  It strikes me whilst you critiscise everyone and sundry, you dont elaborate on the 'positive role' you are actually engaged in within the county in hurling terms.  I am theroefore begging the question, what part are you playing?

And what did you note from the posting above which was after all directed at you....which you haven't replied to but instead deleted your comment?  FFS   ???. And whats with this begging business? I don't need to prove myself to the likes of you, suffice to say my conscience is clear. That will have to do you.

Have to laugh at your pointed attacks on established members of this board for "having goes at administarors, managers, coaches", when in actual fact you are the biggest perputrator. You really couldn't make you up
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

SASLinger

Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 02:32:28 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 17, 2009, 11:05:30 PM
What utopian GAA world do you live in SAS? Definately correct about the proper development through underage, but to think there is this long list of willing talented coaches scratching their cahoonas waiting to be asked before they get involved is delusioned. Too many potentially good talented coaches watching sky or playing golf in this county. What happened to giving something back?

Quote from: SASLinger on April 20, 2009, 12:36:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 12:00:56 AM
Quote from: SASLinger on April 19, 2009, 11:29:33 PM
A fair analysis Skull, but are you prepared to play your part to improve our lot

Why have you assumed I don't already?

Because I note from your postings that you are always having a go at county administarors, Managers, coaches etc.  It strikes me whilst you criticise everyone and sundry, you don't elaborate on the 'positive role' you are actually engaged in within the county in hurling terms.  I am theroefore begging the question, what part are you playing?

And what did you note from the posting above which was after all directed at you....which you haven't replied to but instead deleted your comment?  FFS   ???. And whats with this begging business? I don't need to prove myself to the likes of you, suffice to say my conscience is clear. That will have to do you.

Have to laugh at your pointed attacks on established members of this board for "having goes at administrators, managers, coaches", when in actual fact you are the biggest perputrator. You really couldn't make you up

It would appear that you fit the 'gamekeeper and poacher' category.  I was indeed referring to a lot of your historical postings and not just the recent ones.  Why is it you all of sudden you become extremely defensive when somebody challenges you?  Our others not entitled to freedom of speech on this forum?
Same Aul Shoite - just from a different bucket mouth!

theskull1

Quote from: SASLinger on April 20, 2009, 03:15:00 PM
It would appear that you fit the 'gamekeeper and poacher' category.  I was indeed referring to a lot of your historical postings and not just the recent ones.  Why is it you all of sudden you become extremely defensive when somebody challenges you?  Our others not entitled to freedom of speech on this forum?

It's your general demeanour SASlinger although whats extreme about my response I don't know. I'm not the only one who has a problem with your tone and attitude since joining. Are you oblivious to that fact? I very much doubt it. A complete WUM.

SASLinger

Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 03:29:17 PM
Quote from: SASLinger on April 20, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

It's your general demeanour SASlinger although whats extreme about my response I don't know. I'm not the only one who has a problem with your tone and attitude since joining. Are you oblivious to that fact? I very much doubt it. A complete WUM.

I don't see that my general demeanor is much different from other contributors on here, thats is including yourself, I may add.  A complete WUM, l am not familiar with this term, maybe you will enlighten me?  To be totally frank about things, I don't give a F**K!   I don't care either if I am kicked off this forum either.  Unlike you and others, I wont be guarded and I will say what I feel, needs to be said.  I certainly wont be bullied or intimidated by the small band of 'Super Members' which I sense you are allied to.  If we are going to discuss, debate or be analytical about Antrim Hurling, at least lets be frank, open and manly about it.  I have nothing to hide pal!  It would appear that if someone who challenges established members of this forum and does not confrom to their way of thinking, they get booted out, barred, banned.  Is that how you and others wish exist within a veiled, closeted antrim hurling forum?

theskull1

Well if you don't see it then I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

BTW http://www.all-acronyms.com/WUM   It's one of these three

SASLinger

Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2009, 04:47:14 PM
Well if you don't see it then I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

BTW http://www.all-acronyms.com/WUM   It's one of these three

Wismut uranium miners - Now how did you know I was one of those?.  I think I have underestimated you!

youngfella

Quote from: Gold on April 20, 2009, 01:53:58 PM
We were useless yesterday. We had no ball winner in the forwards whatsoever. Plenty of times we were out in front but couldnt hold onto the ball first time. Each time the ball was on the ground an Offaly man won it--even when there was 7 antrim players and one Offaly man round a ball, Antrim couldnt win it--look at the goal for one such example.

We were so slow with no zip to our play and poor striking--as far back as i can remember we have always been poor at striking--why? Did anyone else notice that neearly all of Offaly's scores were when an Offaly man was waltzing through unopposed as if he was out his back garden?

Embarrasing

Agreed! however he was the best forward in the first half, the only one with a bit of fight in him!
Pull hard and early

Minder

Just be careful Skull you are not asked to rendezvous outside Casement again..................
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

SASLinger

Quote from: youngfella on April 20, 2009, 06:41:24 PM
Quote from: Gold on April 20, 2009, 01:53:58 PM

Embarrasing

Agreed! however he was the best forward in the first half, the only one with a bit of fight in him!
Loada bollocks!  Karl Stewart was the best and only forward if you ask me.  Remember, I was there!

The Dark Knight

Quote from: Minder on April 20, 2009, 09:24:51 PM
Just be careful Skull you are not asked to rendezvous outside Casement again..................

Minder, us referees where told it was the other way!!!! Skull offered the casement rendezvous? Ain't that right skull, SAS should watch his back! Where r u MR? you have been very quiet recently.... keeping a low profile??????

theskull1

Holding hands up. TDK is of course correct. Fair play to yourself as a "new member"  of the board spending the time to go back through all those pages to find that out. Respect.  ;)