Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 09:27:12 PM
Get rid of the two, I say. It is great that they can walk into a job, having done f**k all noteworthy. That's typical Sambo, something for nothing. Woody is just a clown.

Bin the two t**ts. In fact, it would be Sambo's style to jump before the Dublin game.
I watched the interview with Woody afterwards and he admitted that Antrim weren't up to the job. The thing Woody and Sambo don't realise is that people expect results at the end of these "three year plans".

Dinny had a three year plan to win Liam and now these clowns are coming to the end of their grand scheme are we really any further on since Dinny via Jingo? I think not.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: slow corner back on April 19, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 19, 2009, 09:22:28 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 09:01:58 PM
As Woody says, "Who cares?"

Bring back Jingo.

In all seriousness, where have S&W brought us? Why did we dick Jingo?
Did he say "who cares"? I thought Antrim were poor today. They played with the intensity of a challenge game and to make it worse that is a poor Offaly team and they were never out of third gear. I thought the half back line  struggled, Nealy Mc Garry in particular, in fairness it was probably Offalys strongest line. The yellow card for Mc Manus didnt really influence the outcome of the game as he wasnt having any impact up to that point.

I thought Neal McGarry was doing full back with Cormac Donnelly at centre half? You are right about Offally half forwards being strong, it was the ability of this line to take scores that made the difference. Not sure about the intensity thing, players were trying quite a few black and yellow cards about tends to suggest both sides putting in effort. I agree with you about McManus though, needs moved back into defence preferably CHB.
Really? I thought it was a lacklustre affair too and the number of cards can't really reflect the overall level of effort. It would be even more frightening if Antrim were throwing everything at it, as Offally never seemed troubled even when the margin was down to 4 points.

If they can't get up for the Dublin game they may all throw in the towel. A lot of eyes will be on them.

slow corner back

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2009, 09:42:17 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on April 19, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 19, 2009, 09:22:28 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 09:01:58 PM
As Woody says, "Who cares?"

Bring back Jingo.

In all seriousness, where have S&W brought us? Why did we dick Jingo?
Did he say "who cares"? I thought Antrim were poor today. They played with the intensity of a challenge game and to make it worse that is a poor Offaly team and they were never out of third gear. I thought the half back line  struggled, Nealy Mc Garry in particular, in fairness it was probably Offalys strongest line. The yellow card for Mc Manus didnt really influence the outcome of the game as he wasnt having any impact up to that point.

I thought Neal McGarry was doing full back with Cormac Donnelly at centre half? You are right about Offally half forwards being strong, it was the ability of this line to take scores that made the difference. Not sure about the intensity thing, players were trying quite a few black and yellow cards about tends to suggest both sides putting in effort. I agree with you about McManus though, needs moved back into defence preferably CHB.
Really? I thought it was a lacklustre affair too and the number of cards can't really reflect the overall level of effort. It would be even more frightening if Antrim were throwing everything at it, as Offally never seemed troubled even when the margin was down to 4 points.

If they can't get up for the Dublin game they may all throw in the towel. A lot of eyes will be on them.

I think it may have been the lack of atmosphere at the match that made the intensity seem low on TV. There were quite a lot of late hits going on from both sides and i would reckon it was a physical enough game to play in. Regarding the Dublin match if  we loose who do we play then? Is it a group with all the other preliminary round losers?

SASLinger

Just back from Tullamore, at least I was there, not like you shower of TV armchair critics.  We were woeful, theres no doubt, maybe it's as well we are staying in Div. 2 for another year.  Maybe one of you great Antrim Hurling Gurus, will oust S&W, and produce some better performances!
Same Aul Shoite - just from a different bucket mouth!

theskull1

Lads ...why is everybody disappointed at the lack of progress? The discipline and attitude of some on the panel is brutal and I would never expect Antrim to really push on when the personnel are there to do so. We are where we are. The decision to go into leinster straight away without a proper planned development timeframe before hand was a bad one and we'lll get hammered for it after the dublin match.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:05:50 PM
A) You were not in Tullamore. Stop lying.
B) Get rid of S&W.
C) Stop lying.
D) Just drank a bottle of Tullamore Dew.

I know where the smart money is.

SASLinger

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:05:50 PM
A) You were not in Tullamore. Stop lying.
B) Get rid of S&W.
C) Stop lying.

I sure was in Tullamore, I note thet you were not.

SASLinger

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2009, 10:39:20 PM
:D

Jingo, Sambo, Woody, Dinny, they were all plonkers!  3 Year Plans, Development Plans, a load of old Bo****Ks, if you ask me.  Lets play with a little bit of abandon, get stuck into the opposition, hurl manfully and with a degree of pride and stop the pussyfooting around.  And as for you lot, why not try getting behind the team for once instead of the constant criticisms.  Call yourselves Antrim hurling people, you are nothing but a joke.  As I said, I was at Tullamore today.  Antrim can do without people like you, always quick to criticise, accuse, lambast and blame everyone else, Tut, tut, tut!

Two Hands FFS

Who do the HUrling Supporters of Antrim want then?

We didnt want a outside manager who didnt play any club matches who promised us a All Ireland in 3 years but we performe welll in QF'S yet still lost
The players didnt want a manager who got good results somehow but his reign was a total joke
Or 2 former Heroes who promised us long term progress but suferred in the short-term

In 125 years of the GAA Antrim have reached only 2 Senior Hurling finals getting hammered in both. Is it a massive suprise to people that we have struggled?? In a 7-8 year spell at max (86 - 93) we held our own...thats it. Shite for the rest of it. Would Brian Cody improve our senior hurling team by much if he had the exact same personnel on show.

slow corner back

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 19, 2009, 10:55:53 PM

We didnt want a outside manager who didnt play any club matches who promised us a All Ireland in 3 years but we performe welll in QF'S yet still lost
The players didnt want a manager who got good results somehow but his reign was a total joke
Or 2 former Heroes who promised us long term progress but suferred in the short-term

In 125 years of the GAA Antrim have reached only 2 Senior Hurling finals getting hammered in both. Is it a massive suprise to people that we have struggled?? In a 7-8 year spell at max (86 - 93) we held our own...thats it. Shite for the rest of it. Would Brian Cody improve our senior hurling team by much if he had the exact same personnel on show.

I agree with a lot of what is posted here but with regard to the last point about Cody would he improve things yes unquestionably. He would play simple direct hurling, players would pull their weight or be slung off the team, no drinking culture whatsoever, no old nonsense about style of play if you loose you did not play well enough congratulate the opposition and move on, club matches would be played on a regular basis, excuses would be banned result is everything. Now could he win an all ireland with us probably not but he could get us into Div 1 and make us competitive with most teams.

SASLinger

It's not only about personnel. It's about, support, investment, belief and a desire to succeed!  It's about being prepared to work hard, instilling discipline, motivation, and commitment, not just from the players, but every man, woman, child, administrator, coach, school, club buying into a strategic structure and measurable/achievable plan to progress and succeed.  Will you play your part, that is the question, or will you like most of the other demogouges on here, continue to sit on the sidelines and bemoan everything and everybody?

SASLinger

Quote from: slow corner back on April 19, 2009, 11:03:46 PM

I agree with a lot of what is posted here but with regard to the last point about Cody would he improve things yes unquestionably. He would play simple direct hurling, players would pull their weight or be slung off the team, no drinking culture whatsoever, no old nonsense about style of play if you loose you did not play well enough congratulate the opposition and move on, club matches would be played on a regular basis, excuses would be banned result is everything. Now could he win an all ireland with us probably not but he could get us into Div 1 and make us competitive with most teams.
I could'nt agree more SCB.  Sure is'nt that all we want intitially, to be able to compete and hold out own in the top flight!  It seems there are individulas on here who love to see us languish in the lower division and never make any progress.

Minder

Quote from: SASLinger on April 19, 2009, 11:07:45 PM

It's not only about personnel. It's about, support, investment, belief and a desire to succeed!  It's about being prepared to work hard, instilling discipline, motivation, and commitment, not just from the players, but every man, woman, child, administrator, coach, school, club buying into a strategic structure and measurable/achievable plan to progress and succeed.  Will you play your part, that is the question, or will you like most of the other demogouges on here, continue to sit on the sidelines and bemoan everything and everybody?
"demogouges", now where have i seen that term used  quite frequently on an internet discussion board? It will come to me . . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

No noble history at national level
Not enough clubs competitive at senior
Not enough coaches of the right quality to look after club sides and development squads
Belfast clubs hemorrhaging players from U16 up
Not enough coffers to provide funding to prepare teams in a more professional manner
Not enough real support of the game at both club or county level
In KK & Cork etc it helps your job options playing for your county. We don't have that incentive.
Alot of people in Antrim couldn't give a f**k

Why are we surprised when our county team doesn't quite cut i on the national stage?

It's an uphill struggle and we're being too harsh IMO when all things are considered.  
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

SASLinger

Quote from: Minder on April 19, 2009, 11:14:45 PM
Quote from: SASLinger on April 19, 2009, 11:07:45 PM

"demogouges", now where have i seen that term used  quite frequently on an internet discussion board? It will come to me . . . . . .
I have'nt the slightest notion what you are referring to pal.  But in this instance the term'demagouge' you are hearing from me and only me!