Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2009, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: milltown row on April 07, 2009, 01:45:29 PM
seems there may be a new player brought into Sambo's panel tonight.

Young CJ?

You are joking??????????????

NAG

Come off it seriously?

Is there no way that we can send a united front here for discipline with the county teams? What signal does this send to young boys out there aspiring to be inter county players when they can abuse one manager and but its ok for him to represent the county in the other code.

What back bone does this show from S&W, I am seriously disppointed if this proves to be true I thought there was more to them than this but then again, how can you be shocked at anything in this county?

Glensman

If this is true it is appalling. Fully agree with all you have said NAG.
I will never ever stop supporting Antrim, until the day I die, but I am being persistently tested and that is outside of lactlustre inconsistent displays. 
If he is there wearing the number 13 v Dublin and scores the winning point I'll cheer but it won't be anything to do with him and increasingly less so to do with Sambo and Woody.

MR and Firehill - for clarification purposes again before I am deemed to be abusing the relevant party and/or his family it is about more than that and what we will become or rather have become as a county. I'm not sure what we stand for.

Would love to hear the Baker's reaction.

NAG

Dont get me wrong lads I dont care who the party is here involved, I have nothing against this party or any party neccessarily. My total objection to this is our lack or backbone and lack moral leadership from firstly our Hurling management for entertaining this in the first place and secondly to the county executive for allowing this situation to develop.

Glensman it is just a drip drip drip effect at the moment.

Glensman

And the drip is on top of my forehead:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_water_torture

Scotland and Rangers provided alot to be learned from in the last week.

the colonel

in the pre congress publication some of the facts and figures are staggering

numbers of teams registered- all ages and grades hurling and football
and their grant for games development from croke park 2008 (figures in euros)
dublin- 1675- £1.637m
cork- 2458-  £44,850
galway- 1003-  £22,940
limerick- 1133- 23,920
tipp- 1320- £24,420
wexford- 822- £23,920
kerry- 814 £13,900
tyrone 578- 7,745
kilkenny 672- 27,000

Antrim- 728- £11960 9th lowest for games dev.

just some examples

there was a toal of 52m in grants to provinces clubs and counties-

antrim got 2m for CoE by the look of it.
tipp got 6.5m
mayo 3m
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

lads relax, i was bored and thought i'd throw a curve ball today

youngfella

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on April 07, 2009, 02:06:13 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2009, 01:48:13 PM
Quote from: milltown row on April 07, 2009, 01:45:29 PM
seems there may be a new player brought into Sambo's panel tonight.

Young CJ?

You are joking??????????????

It is a joke if he is added to the squad. cj with all due respect isnt good enough for the panel and shoudnt be near it. There much better hurlers in the county that deserve a place before that prima donna.
Pull hard and early

NAG

Wouldnt be suprised curve ball or not MR

theskull1

Surely all this (the player and the rumour) is all mouth and no trousers?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on April 07, 2009, 05:15:02 PM
Not so Skull, well the rumour anyway. My sources tell me management are keen to get him on board.

fitzroyalty

hopefully its an elaborate prank  :P

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2009, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 07, 2009, 05:15:02 PM
Not so Skull, well the rumour anyway. My sources tell me management are keen to get him on board.

Well the first bit certainly is  :). Some boys seem to get reputations out of no where ??? He is nowhere near standard on any occasion I have seen him with a stick in his hand. More interested in mouthin than hurling....and that is a fact.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

I see Paudie Mc Shane is bringing the same "softly, softly" approach that he had on the hurling field to local politics  ;D

Councillor sorry for f-word rant 

A Sinn Fein councillor has apologised after a four-letter word outburst at a council meeting in Ballycastle.

Sinn Fein's Padraig McShane swore during a debate at Moyle Council on the future of Rathmoyle Residential Home.

The council's chairman, Ulster Unionist Willie Graham, had ruled Mr McShane would not be able to speak on the issue on Monday night.

The councillor used the f-word and other abusive terms at the chairman and kicked a chair as he left the chamber.

On Tuesday he apologised for his language.
"I apologise unreservedly for the choice of words I used, but this is an extremely emotive issue," he said.

"The response was a reflection of the feelings of the local community here in Moyle."

Speaking after the meeting, Councillor Graham said he had never witnessed such behaviour in council before.

"In all my years in council I have never witnessed anything like this and the behaviour and the remarks Councillor McShane came out with to me," he said.

"In future he needs to think about how he conducts himself when he comes to a council meeting."