Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 07, 2009, 09:52:29 AM
Just asking Minder..not getting at ye. Glenariffe have had a problem with their discipline for the last few years on the pitch...wot can be done to stop it as they have some talented hurlers. Or is it just a matter of some players growing up??

No from all accounts he did deserve it, the majority of them dont have a problem. It is about three or four players and everyone knows who they are...........As regards "growing up" only time will tell but they are not youngsters anymore. Noel Brick, who  has been training them last year and this threw in the towel at the weekend because of boys f*cking about.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

girt_giggler

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 07, 2009, 08:56:46 AM
New Season. Same old Glenariffe. 1 man sent off.

Was this an UL game?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 07, 2009, 12:30:07 AM

Sign of times when a Linfield player was training the lads. Dose anyone know if this means  C.P.C play in section A next year?

Not sure Baile an tuaigh, but I don't think so. At least, it's not obligatory. St Pat's Maghera won it a couple of years ago and didn't go A.

The reality is that the winners of the Mageean Cup (which is the Ulster A competition) go into the All Ireland series at B level. I know Ulster teams have got to the last 5 O'Keeffe finals and have won 2, but my own view is that the Ulster Colleges at individual schools are better off staying at B level for a wee while yet. One idea that has been floated on this board which I think is a great idea is either an Antrim Schools team or North Antrim and South Antrim schools teams going into the A competition - perhaps an "Ulster final" between them with the winner going into the All Ireland semi.

Minder

Quote from: girt_giggler on April 07, 2009, 10:14:12 AM

Was this an UL game?

Yes against Ballycran, they got tanked.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2009, 10:24:58 AM

Was this an UL game?

Did you play us on the saturday evening then Ballycran on the sunday then?

NAG

Do they not realise the futility of the kind of things that have been happening down there for the last few years. When they did concentrate on hurling they were quite competitve.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on April 07, 2009, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 07, 2009, 10:24:58 AM

Was this an UL game?

Did you play us on the saturday evening then Ballycran on the sunday then?

Yes, it was a a bit tighter i think.

the colonel

i think from that team CPC only lose birt, smyth and scally so the potential is there for another crack at it.

who got the line for glenariffe and what did he do?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on April 07, 2009, 11:14:27 AM
i think from that team CPC only lose birt, smyth and scally so the potential is there for another crack at it.

who got the line for glenariffe and what did he do?

Randall Mc Donnell for pulling round his man after getting a slap from what i have been told.

the colonel

thought it would have been the brother or the cousin to be fair
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG

Thats a shocking waste of talent, he has everything that we are crying out for size, strenght and skill and yet he is getting the line in a UL match that means nothing.

theskull1

The growing up is past them boys now I think. McDonnell & Doherty are two that come to mind who seem far too busy trying to prove their manliness rather than focusing on hurling. Both had good potential if their attitudes were right. Now young Doherty who was serious talent when he came onto the scene hurls with wing mirrors on because he thinks his past is going to come back to haunt him and has went back seriously as a result IMO.

Discipline is laid down by the club and management. Needs to be dealt with at juvenile level (before they level U16/U18 anyway)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

seems there may be a new player brought into Sambo's panel tonight.

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on April 07, 2009, 01:45:29 PM
seems there may be a new player brought into Sambo's panel tonight.

Young CJ?

milltown row

Minder i'm not one to gossip.......