Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Quote from: milltown row on March 01, 2009, 07:45:22 PM
pinky came off injured. great player but not what he was. In what way is he not what he was, havent seen him play in a while. What did he injury? Thats a blow for ballycastle if its something major

thought McGourty had another decent game. he'll be getting it tough for his position once Graffin gets back but has done nothing wrong this year. Another man keeping a spot warm, cant see sambo not playing a dall man first.

McManus played really well very strong a bit aggressive which i like as long as its not getting him booked. Great player plenty of passion, where was he playing today?

ballycastles McAuley at centre half has done well in the games i've seen so far. Very consistant, tidy hurler two great sides

the hurling referees are doing well with the black book yellow card rules. not too many being sent off.

Is young hippy playing county this season? Was joey scullion playing today?
Cant believe im going to ask this, but here goes, Is there any sign of a return of w*nker watson?

At club level,
Have ballycastle appointed a manager yet?
Are the dall going to change there management from what was in place?
Who do the dall play in there next game?

So many questions....
Pull hard and early

milltown row

hippy was there but not on the final named panel, Scullion came on for PJ OConnell

Ballycastle? don't know that one

Cushendall? think there is a change of management this year as for who they play, away to Ballygalget on easter sunday

as for watson, cant see him playing under current management

milltown row

youngfella

Quote from: milltown row on March 01, 2009, 08:28:42 PM
hippy was there but not on the final named panel, Scullion came on for PJ OConnell - good to hear

Ballycastle? don't know that one - Dont think they know ethier

Cushendall? think there is a change of management this year as for who they play, away to Ballygalget on easter sunday

as for watson, cant see him playing under current management - fair play

One more, was mc manus playing centre forward?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

as if ;)

he didn't look happy today coming on, do him and Sambo not get on?

aye McManus was centre forward

youngfella

The Saffrons fought back from nine points down to win this Allianz NHL Division Two game at Casement Park.

PJ O'Connell netted to give Antrim the perfect start but Wexford hit back with goals from Stephen Doyle, Eoin Quigley and Dermot Lyng (2).

Kieran Kelly's goal started the comeback and at half-time Wexford held a 4-6 to 2-9 lead.

Brendan Herron and Neil McManus goals put Antrim ahead and they went on to secure their second win in two games.

Wexford made a bright start to the second half and they were twice denied by two excellent saves from Ryan McGarry.

The visitors also had a goal disallowed because of a square ball before Antrim hit two goals in two minutes.

The outstanding Herron found the net before Cushendall youngster McManus converted a penalty.

Herron scored the last point of the game to cap a fine individual display and seal the points for the Ulster team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7917785.stm
Pull hard and early

milltown row

Quote from: youngfella on March 01, 2009, 08:35:16 PM
The Saffrons fought back from nine points down to win this Allianz NHL Division Two game at Casement Park.

PJ O'Connell netted to give Antrim the perfect start but Wexford hit back with goals from Stephen Doyle, Eoin Quigley and Dermot Lyng (2).

Kieran Kelly's goal started the comeback and at half-time Wexford held a 4-6 to 2-9 lead.

Brendan Herron and Neil McManus goals put Antrim ahead and they went on to secure their second win in two games.

Wexford made a bright start to the second half and they were twice denied by two excellent saves from Ryan McGarry.

The visitors also had a goal disallowed because of a square ball before Antrim hit two goals in two minutes.

The outstanding Herron found the net before Cushendall youngster McManus converted a penalty.

Herron scored the last point of the game to cap a fine individual display and seal the points for the Ulster team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7917785.stm

i thought O'Connell got two goals and pink and McManus got one each. brendan herron did score a quality point at the death but was guilty of some bad misses

Minder

Dont think Brendan Herron got a goal, PJ O Connell got two, Pinky and Mc Manus both also got one. In fairness its no wonder peole get confused listening to some of the clowns at the match, when O Connell got his second the chap beside me told me Karl Stewart scored it, i told him i think it was O Connell, he told me i was "mistaken big lad". Sean Delargy scored a great point near the end and his mate informed anyone that would listen that was "Sambos son scored that point".......  :-\
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

Sounds like it was a smashing game! wish i coulda seen it.
Pull hard and early

milltown row

i don't know if it was exciting certainly great for antrim to beat one of their Lenister rivals ;) but sets them up now to go on and win the league

but a bizarre match. what was woody at putting his son on the wee lad was embarrassed coming off, is a starter on the Dunloy team?

youngfella

Quote from: milltown row on March 01, 2009, 08:45:23 PM
i don't know if it was exciting certainly great for antrim to beat one of their Lenister rivals ;) but sets them up now to go on and win the league

but a bizarre match. what was woody at putting his son on the wee lad was embarrassed coming off, is a starter on the Dunloy team?

Thats shocking him playing his son, bais has no place in hurling, ooo wait!!  :D

While are main lenister rivals getting beat today, i fancy us to bring lenister home.... to ulster  ;)
Pull hard and early

Two Hands FFS

'Clute O'Connell'...that's brilliant  :D  :D!! UTV teletext page 471 have him down as 'Antrim Winger'!!! In fairness to him he scored a great goal v Kilkenny & took his second goal v.well today

Westmeath match next week at home??

slow corner back

Very enjoyable if strange game, I got held up getting there and arrived just in time to see Wexford score a goal to make it 4-02 to 1-02. Someone I knew was sitting nearby so I asked what was happening and he told me Wexford were much to strong physically and we were in for a tanking. After I came in Antrim outscored Wexford 3-14 to 0-12 which is some turnaround especially as Wexford had whatever wind was in it in the second half.
Positives great heart to pull the game out of the fire, Neal McAuley loked good and is a good addition from last year, Karl Stewart lead the attack well and showed good pace. Paul Shiels hurled well and his free taking was better than against the cats, vitally important for any team. PJ O Connell took his second goal well, didnt see the first and scored a good point near the finish, Sean Delargy was top notch, great reading of the game and has the courage to gamble and get out in front of his man.
Negatives some of the short passing in defence nearly gave me heart failure and resulted in a lot of lost possesion. Wexford completely took over for about 10 minutes towards the end of the game but could not score, missed two good goal chances ( good saves by Ryan McGarry ) and hit two or three awful wides including one from an easy free.
Overall really enjoyed the match, 4-16 is good shooting for the 1st March still a few Cdall players to come back in which will help things. Personally the best thing was the self belief of the players to fight back. It is not very often Antrim teams show that so when they do they need praised for it. Antrim have a real shot at promtion now although Offaly and Laois will provide stiff enough tests. Biffos probably favourites for promotion tonight although we normally do OK against them. Antrim have to go to Offaly dont they?

slow corner back

Quote from: hardstation on March 01, 2009, 09:45:51 PM
Make sure you go to Tullamore, slow corner back. You're a lucky charm.

Im not seen them loose plenty, my young boy however has only seen them play three times, Laois a few years back (won) ;) and Wexford in dunloy last year and again today. I am gona send him to tullamore he can tell me about it ;)

leroy brown

Good win yesterday again wexford  :)

Is next game  Carlow away, on 22nd march? One game at a time.  Let us not think of Offaly until 19th april.

The 2 Cushendall lads did well, Mcmanus and delargey.  Everyone knows my dislike of cushendall, but good that they playedyesterday after last weeks disappointment. 8)