Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

not acceptable anywhere Skull, but considering what other high profile managers and players for that matter get away with on tv. players like Paul Galvin managed to knock the book out of  a referee's hand and still managed to play in a All Ireland final that same summer.

if it's all true I'm not justifying it

drici

Norman descendent Damien Fitzhenry (Fitz from the French fils meaning Mac) will be back in nets for the Strawberries visit to Casey. A rap at the barracks could be on the cards from Mackers in the event of Wexford getting a penalty.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: drici on February 25, 2009, 11:18:53 PM
Norman descendent Damien Fitzhenry (Fitz from the French fils meaning Mac) will be back in nets for the Strawberries visit to Casey. A rap at the barracks could be on the cards from Mackers in the event of Wexford getting a penalty.

Think Sunday is a really big indicator of where we are going this year. Bit of a shame that we didn't get the match against Westmeath under our belts before hand. I always think games against Down are more of a local dog fight with the Ardsmen always lifting it a bit against us to be a true reflection of standards.

Wexford have run up a couple of very big scores and will be wary enough of us after last year in Dunloy (could we not take them up to Carey or Cushendun or something?).

Would like to have (at least a few of) the Cushendall lads back, but given that I'm still on a downer after that game, I can understand why they might want to give it a skip.

NAG

I know that the lads will be gutted completely by last weekends result but sure that result will still be the same in 5-6 weeks 5-6 years time, IMO I would have thought it would have been good to get back involved with the antrim set up and get stuck into the NHL. Just my opinion I know it would be different maybe in their shoes.

the colonel

Homepage| Counties | Search | Message Board | Results 

from hoganstand

McManus set for quick Antrim return
26 February 2009

Neil McManus is set to line out for Antrim in Sunday's NHL clash with Wexford - just seven days after his club Cusdenhall suffered a heartbreaking All-Ireland semi-final defeat to De La Salle.

McManus has decided to make a quick return to the inter-county fold after speaking to Antrim's joint-manager Terence 'Sambo' McNaughton and also to his father.

"I was chatting to 'Sambo' last night and he said that he would be putting no pressure on me to return to Antrim," he said.

"But if I wanted to be involved against Wexford on Sunday, I'd need to be at training on Thursday night. I was talking to my da and he said that I should go back sooner rather than later. 'Sambo' and 'Woody' (Dominic McKinley) have been very good to me and a lot of boys owe them plenty, so I'll probably go back this weekend."

Cushendall's other county players, Karl McKeegan, Mickey McCambridge, Sean Delargy, Aaron Graffin, Shane McNaughton and Paddy McGill, are expected to return to the county colours soon.

the difference between success and failure is energy

billy the kid

Quote from: NAG on February 24, 2009, 04:22:41 PM
I think this ban was coming to him for a number of reasons. Firstly the feile debacle staying the hotel, the over age player incident and the acutal offence itself, I think the initial ban was 24 if I am correct and this was extended on appeal.

Could someone please explain what exactly he done (or is supposed to have done) to receive a 48 week ban.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Two Hands FFS

Anyone for Casement today?? Important match for Antrim today...but i'll I think we'll struggle for scores today(as usual). Wexford have named a strong team & have hit up big scores in first two matches...so going more in hope than expectation.

milltown row

aye i was at the match but i'm struggling to explain the match. very strange. dont know if we were good or Wexford were shite. we scored 4-16 which is a great score but in the first ten minutes we were down 3 goals and before halftime we let in another one. McGarry and McKinney had games to forget and i suppose with the win we might forget about their performance. though i doubt it.

Minder

It was a strange one alright,why the hell are they playing young Mc Kinley when he isnt a regular on the Dunloy team? They are doing him no favours and he was well out of his depth today. The full back line was all over the place until Sean Delargy went back. I thought Mc Gourty was ropey too,he didnt seem to want to clear the ball himself he was always looking for a short pass. I thought Wexford were gonna beat us out the gate in the first half but they hit some bad wides when they had a chance to get out of sight. Strange game but a good win.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Quote from: milltown row on March 01, 2009, 05:40:25 PM
aye i was at the match but i'm struggling to explain the match. very strange. dont know if we were good or Wexford were shite. we scored 4-16 which is a great score but in the first ten minutes we were down 3 goals and before halftime we let in another one. McGarry and McKinney had games to forget and i suppose with the win we might forget about their performance. though i doubt it.

Where was Mc Garry playing ?

Minder

Neil Mc Garry from Loughguile at full back he means Orangeman. He was all over the place, settled a bit better in the second half.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

It is a funny old game alright. Wexford were just running through us in the first 10/15 mins & then started messing about, started showboating & hitting some bad wides by which time Antrim got themelves sorted out with young Woody getting put out of his misery & Sean Delargy moving back. Both teams guilty of bad wides, poor striking, bad options...at one stage in the 2nd half it seemed as if no-one wanted to win it. Why did Antrim keep persisting with stupid short passing & short puc outs which got us in trouble on countless occasions. But fair play they fought back well to win it at the end with McManus running things & PJ O' Connell hitting two good goals. Great result..dont know how they won as it looked as if we were going to get hammered.

Two Hands FFS

From www.antrimgaa.net

Antrim 4-16 Wexford 4-12
01 March 2009
Antrim hurlers staged a remarkable comeback as they battled back from nine points down to beat Wexford by four in Sunday's Allianz National Hurling League Division Two clash at Casement Park.
When the visitors struck with four first half goals to give the scoreboard a surreal look (4-1 to 1-1) Antrim's chances of a win seemed remote, but a couple of substitutions, and positional switches, steadied the ship and by half-time they were in a much healthier position, trailing by just three points, their second goal coming from a Kieran Kelly twenty metre free.
It still appeared to be an uphill task for the Saffrons as they resumed against a fresh breeze, but they turned in a magnificent second-half display to record a remarkable win.
PJ O'Connell, who had scored his team's opening goal in the second minute of the first half, grabbed a second and Neill McManus blasted one in from the penalty spot to seal a superb win.

youngfella

Thats strange one, Pinky took and scored a 21 yard free. Then mc manus took and scored a penalty. Did pinky come off? Where did they play mc manus?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

pinky came off injured. great player but not what he was.

thought McGourty had another decent game. he'll be getting it tough for his position once Graffin gets back but has done nothing wrong this year

McManus played really well very strong a bit aggressive which i like as long as its not getting him booked

ballycastles McAuley at centre half has done well in the games i've seen so far

the hurling referees are doing well with the black book yellow card rules. not too many being sent off