Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbgaa1885

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2009, 09:22:31 PM
Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 21, 2009, 07:06:28 PM
I was at the game, I suppose you like all the other great Antrim/Hurling supporters were not.  Probably away getting your hair highlights done and your legs waxed.

Whats with the holier than thou shite stirring attitude wb?

Excuse me pal, but I was referring to that pr**k 'The Dar Knight'.  He has been quite agressive with me for some reason or another.  It was him I was referring too about having his highlights done and his legs waxed.  Sounds like a real pan** to me.

Hi Miltown, do you have a problem with me chum? Whats with all this nob business. I suppose you would know all about nobs.  I notice you tend to be very vulgar in your messages making disparaging remarks about individuals who post on here.  Just curious why some of the language you use here is not monitored and approriate sanctions passed on you.  I have been reading some of your historical posts on this site and others on the GAA Board. You really are a foul mouthed sort of individual.  I just don't comprehend how you get away with it on here.  You must be a Pal of the 'Dark Knight' me thinks.  Very strange indeed!  You appear to be someone not to be trusted and worth the watching.  Ya, know the 'aul knives in the back' and all that.
Mol an óige agus Tiochfaidh sí.

Cleachtadh a dhéannan maistreacht.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: groundlie on February 22, 2009, 12:18:22 AM
At the interpro today, gutted! I was very disappointed with all our lads, yet again when up against the top players we just are not good enough! Does anybody think that Neil Mcgarry will do at full back? He struggles against skillful players in my opinion. Brendan Herron is fit but has he got the skill to compete with div1 players?

I couldn't agree more Groundlie.  Neil McGaryy was found seriously wanting throughout the game, Eddie Brennan and Joe Bergin gave a bit of a roasting, if you ask me.  They were too physical for him and he was not at the races under the dropping ball.  Herron, failed on every first touch and fumbled anytime an opposing Laighin player came close to him he panicks easily and tends to shy away from things.

By the way, you were using very threatening language to me the last time I heard from you.  Something like, ("when my eyes were closed you were going to punch me" or words of that effect.  Typical Naomh Eoin man, eyes, closed, backed turned.  Whats with this aul nonsense?  You are beginning to sound like that cretan, 'The Dark Knight'.  I think he and you may be closely linked in some way. Are you another referee?  I am a pacafist friend, I can do without the threatening langauge, if you please.

Isn't mobile tencnology superb!  Just been to mass, having my breakfast here in Malahide, nice fry and coffee, (Much better than thon TK One you Belfast people rave about) and sifting through my emails and surfing the net. Then heading down to the match in Parnell.  Jeasus boys, thing are getting very dear in Dublin, near £12 for a coffee and a fry!

davincicode

Lads catch a grip, your beginning to destroy the site again, just to say Good Luck to Cushendal heading down myself and staying home for a few days, us jacks in the north would love to see the lads go through!!

wbgaa1885

Quote from: davincicode on February 22, 2009, 10:14:28 AM
Lads catch a grip, your beginning to destroy the site again, just to say Good Luck to Cushendal heading down myself and staying home for a few days, us jacks in the north would love to see the lads go through!!

I would love to see them win Dav, but I am just not so sure they are up to the mark from the 3/4 line in.  I did not know ye were a 'Jack'.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: The Dark Knight on February 21, 2009, 08:02:14 PM
I was at the game, you probably watched it from the bar!!! I doubt you paid £8 in, Jesus cant watch red nose night, theres a thought? Red nose-casement social, id sober up 1st before trying to stir the S*** on this site. Owen would,nt thank you for that tag although some of our supposed senior referees might, i can think of a few! MR might like that tag!!!!!!!!

For your information DK. I did pay in, I am not like ye referees who free load it at every match you attend in the county and Ulster,  big meals, travelling, best of gear, freebies from Ulster Council and Croke Park.  Also for your information, I would not spend a penny in the casement bar.  However, I would rather be a 'Red nose' as you put it than a 'brown nose' like some of you referees. But I suppose, you are not up in the 'big league refereeing' yet, serving your time at junior and intermediate level I guess!  Whats your problem with Owen Elliot also, a bit of jealousy maybe.  Thats the sort of standard of refereeing you apprentice referees should be aspiring to.  Well, 'the tag' fits with Owen in my opinion! He is the best referee in the county and has been overlooked in recent years for the County Hurling Finals if you ask me.  Duffy, Mathews and McAuley are close seconds to Owen.

Why do people need to be so agressive on here? >:(

davincicode

In exile WBGAA1885, got landed a few years back with the job up here, fair to say i really enjoy it now, i feel for Antrim hurling and i believe the problems from what i see and genuine peoples opinions are totally from within. Antrims strong clubs can play anywhere on this island of ours and be in the top 10 in both codes, which proves the clubs are doing exactly what they should be doing. Its when in hits the county stage that it all goes wrong! Now in my thinking thats not as big a problem as some posters and the general supporters think, i believe that the county should do a full clear out from top to bottom, these people have been too long in the job and have achieved nothing, Dublin continually clean house every few years and now in the hurling we are beginning to reap the benefit. I think the Dal lads will win which should prove my point. Have to head WB, enjoyed the exchange, and keep it cool!

bredaghgael86

Good luck to cushendall.  Hopefully do the buisness and get to the final.  From everyone at bredagh gac.

groundlie

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 22, 2009, 10:06:33 AM
At the interpro today, gutted! I was very disappointed with all our lads, yet again when up against the top players we just are not good enough! Does anybody think that Neil Mcgarry will do at full back? He struggles against skillful players in my opinion. Brendan Herron is fit but has he got the skill to compete with div1 players?

I couldn't agree more Groundlie.  Neil McGaryy was found seriously wanting throughout the game, Eddie Brennan and Joe Bergin gave a bit of a roasting, if you ask me.  They were too physical for him and he was not at the races under the dropping ball.  Herron, failed on every first touch and fumbled anytime an opposing Laighin player came close to him he panicks easily and tends to shy away from things.

By the way, you were using very threatening language to me the last time I heard from you.  Something like, ("when my eyes were closed you were going to punch me" or words of that effect.  Typical Naomh Eoin man, eyes, closed, backed turned.  Whats with this aul nonsense?  You are beginning to sound like that cretan, 'The Dark Knight'.  I think he and you may be closely linked in some way. Are you another referee?  I am a pacafist friend, I can do without the threatening langauge, if you please.

Isn't mobile tencnology superb!  Just been to mass, having my breakfast here in Malahide, nice fry and coffee, (Much better than thon TK One you Belfast people rave about) and sifting through my emails and surfing the net. Then heading down to the match in Parnell.  Jeasus boys, thing are getting very dear in Dublin, near £12 for a coffee and a fry!

Take no heed of me, I was quoting a comedy genius in will farrell!

Well yet again the dall fail. DLS where poor and Portumna will tear them to pieces in the final. Yet again certain Dall players do not live up to all the hype in the press about their past glorys against poor club sides. On the other hand McManus, Graffin, Magill and A Delargy can hold their heads high.

glens73

Quote from: groundlie on February 22, 2009, 05:46:24 PM
Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 22, 2009, 10:06:33 AM

Take no heed of me, I was quoting a comedy genius in will farrell!

Well yet again the dall fail. DLS where poor and Portumna will tear them to pieces in the final. Yet again certain Dall players do not live up to all the hype in the press about their past glorys against poor club sides. On the other hand McManus, Graffin, Magill and A Delargy can hold their heads high.

Is there any need for snide remarks? They gave it their all, and are no doubt gutted. As an Antrim man I feel gutted myself.

Tony Baloney

Should have won it in the first 60. Young Carson had a golden opportunity to nail a point or win a free in the 60th minute but kept running in despite the angle getting narrower and narrower. A point would have made it a 3 point game and all but over.

groundlie

No snide remarks from me just stating facts. You's are quick to down belfast hurling so I'll say whats true. Some dall players performed others didnt. Hard luck to the dall.

TheDoc

All-Ireland club SHC: Deise men sneak past Cushendall

De La Salle (Waterford) 1-21
Cushendall (Antrim) 1-19
(After Extra-Time)

By Cóilín Duffy

First time Waterford and Munster champions De La Salle secured an All-Ireland Club SHC Final berth at the first-time of asking after an 81st minute John Mullane point ensured a two-point victory after extra-time in an epic semi-final against Antrim's Cushendall.

This Parnell Park encounter was cast in the shadows of the other semi-final in the lead up to this weekend's action - Portumna and James Stephens at Semple Stadium billed as a potential classic, yet it was De La Salle and Cushendall who provided the best wine.

End to end hurling with some fine excellent scores in a game which was allowed flow freely, and a red card for Cushendall's Declan McKillop in the 43rd minute the only dent on an otherwise spectacular encounter.

There wasn't a body left in Cushendall such was their strength in numbers from early afternoon, while a De La Salle special train provided by Iarnrod Éireann was also a sell-out. This ensured a bumper crowd at the Donnycarney venue.

And the Waterford city faithful certainly had much to shout about in the early stages with Dean Twomey setting the early tone after he bagged the opening score, a well-worked goal after four minutes to give De La Salle an early lead.

De La Salle continued to dominate possession in the opening quarter, and although they had amassed four wides before the interval, they held a deserved 1-4 to 0-4 lead by the 21st minute, with Cushendall keeping in touch through Karl McKeegan, Neil McManus and Sean Delargy.

With four minutes remaining in the opening half Twomey's early goal continued to separate the sides but De La Salle were marooned in the closing stages as a trio of points for Cushendall including a Karl McKeegan brace levelled the tie at 0-9 to 1-6 at the interval.

Tempers began to heat up a little bit on the resumption with yellow cards shown to Cushendall's McKillop and Bryan Phelan of De La Salle inside the first minute.

McKillop would see a red card 12 minutes later, but in the interim his side showed well and thanks to a fourth McKeegan point, and a 37th minute Shane McNaughton goal - the Glensmen took a 1-10 to 1-7 advantage.

But they were forced to battle bravely for the remainder of normal time as Bryan Phelan's scoring exploits from placed balls continued to yield positively for the first-time semi-finalists.

However a Neil McManus score edged Cushendall into a two-point lead with three minutes remaining, but with Daniels and Phelan on target De La Salle secured extra-time at 1-14 apiece.

Both sides continued to be well matched in the first period of extra-time as the sides traded point for point until the 66th minute before De La Salle broke away with scores from Lee Hayes and Mullane to ensure a 1-18 to 1-16 interval lead.

Cushendall responded well on the restart, outscoring their opponents by two points to one inside five minutes, but De La Salle weren't to be denied an All-Ireland final berth and a late 81st minute Mullane point secured victory.

De La Salle - S Brenner; A Kelly, I Flynn, M Doherty; D Russell, K Moran, S Daniels (0-1); B Phelan (0-6, 4f, 2sideline), C Watt; P Nevin (0-2), D McGrath (0-1), L Hayes (0-3); J Quirke (0-1), J Mullane (0-5), D Twomey (1-0). Subs: T Kearney for Quirke (40); D Greene (0-1) for Kelly (44); A Kelly for McGrath (ET); B Farrell (0-1) for Watt (67); J Foran for Hayes (80)

Cushendall - F McAuley; A Graffin (0-1), O Scullion, C Carson; D McNaughton, K Elliott, M McCambridge; K McKeegan (0-5, 4f, 1 65), P McGill (0-1); B Delargy, D McKillop, S Delargy (0-1); S McNaughton (1-1), N McManus (0-4), A Delargy (0-3). Subs: C McCambridge (0-3, 1f) for C Carson (21); C Carson for B Delargy (59); M Burke (Introduced for ET); E Laverty for S McNaughton (67); B Delargy for A Delargy (67); J Carson for Elliot (76)

Ref - Eamon Morris (Dublin)
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

milltown row

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 21, 2009, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2009, 09:22:31 PM
Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 21, 2009, 07:06:28 PM
I was at the game, I suppose you like all the other great Antrim/Hurling supporters were not.  Probably away getting your hair highlights done and your legs waxed.

Whats with the holier than thou shite stirring attitude wb?

Excuse me pal, but I was referring to that pr**k 'The Dar Knight'.  He has been quite agressive with me for some reason or another.  It was him I was referring too about having his highlights done and his legs waxed.  Sounds like a real pan** to me.

Hi Miltown, do you have a problem with me chum? Whats with all this nob business. I suppose you would know all about nobs.  I notice you tend to be very vulgar in your messages making disparaging remarks about individuals who post on here.  Just curious why some of the language you use here is not monitored and approriate sanctions passed on you.  I have been reading some of your historical posts on this site and others on the GAA Board. You really are a foul mouthed sort of individual.  I just don't comprehend how you get away with it on here.  You must be a Pal of the 'Dark Knight' me thinks.  Very strange indeed!  You appear to be someone not to be trusted and worth the watching.  Ya, know the 'aul knives in the back' and all that.

was i referring to you? very touchy

knives in the back????? your talking about what? 

i've no problem with you, i don't even know you so calm down. if ya want to meet and discuss  then i'm all ears

Square Ball

unlucky to the Dall, as far as I m concerned they did Antrim hurling proud
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

leroy brown

Much as i hate to admit it, Cushendall did do Antrim hurling proud.  They were unlucky not to win in 60mins, the sending off was the turning point.  But despite that-the forward that ran through towards the end should have done better.  If he had done anything else.