Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbgaa1885

A Chairde Gael!

Just new to this site and finding my way around a little.  I have read some of the historical postings and the site seems to be spiralling downwards in recent months.  I suppose it may pick up a little with the National League commencing this weekend.
Mol an óige agus Tiochfaidh sí.

Cleachtadh a dhéannan maistreacht.

Minder

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 06, 2009, 08:20:54 PM
A Chairde Gael!

Just new to this site and finding my way around a little.  I have read some of the historical postings and the site seems to be spiralling downwards in recent months.  I suppose it may pick up a little with the National League commencing this weekend.

Mmmm...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

wbgaa1885

Was anybody besides myself and and a brave few others at the Ryan Cup match on Wednesday night in Casement?   Very poor attendance, very poor standard of hurling, very poor match, very poor refereeing, very poor conditions.  But sure students are very poor!

playwiththewind1st

When you consider that QUB actually got to a Fitzgibbon Cup hurling final in Croke Park 20 odd years ago, it puts the decline in 3rd level hurling into perspective.

milltown row

i'm with you Minder, another one of the "others"

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on February 06, 2009, 09:02:44 PM
i'm with you Minder, another one of the "others"

I will be assessing him very closely.........

wbgaa1885

Does anyone know what the situation is with Mick Magill.  Will he not be permitted to play for Antrim hurling team anymore?

Two Hands FFS

I dont think he'll be playing for Antrim this year..which is a pity

How many Antrim players would have been involved with Queens when the got the Fitzgibbon Final??

milltown row

so is Magill playing for Tir Na Og this year or some london Club? fancy Tir Na Og to do well this year in div two. they have a few boys on the county team

Queenie

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 06, 2009, 09:49:06 PM
Does anyone know what the situation is with Mick Magill.  Will he not be permitted to play for Antrim hurling team anymore?

WBGAA would that be a The Knights Crest by any chance? I would hope that you carry that crest with some respect, and are not taking the p*** by any chance!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Minder

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2009, 09:33:17 PM
Quote from: the colonel on January 27, 2009, 08:52:11 PM
i wonder wat date the dall boys will be back to playing league games

I heard from someone close to the Cushendall team that some wanted to play in the first league game because training with Cushendall was lax to say the least.

Quote from: JamesH on January 28, 2009, 10:11:49 AM
I  don,t know who you were talking to but i watched the dall train recently and they are flying fit, Micky Culbert has them bouncing and well ahead in fitness terms. They believe their fitness levels is letting them concentrate on hurling with no worries. I'm told the 2 outstanding injuries both trained last night. i think they are better prepared than before and a better unit, with such a small panel there is no way the could play for the county at this stage.

Are you sure about that? I see Sambo quoted today in the Irish News saying the Cushendall contingent wanted to play against Westmeath.........My source was impeccable by the looks of it.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: Queenie on February 07, 2009, 03:18:18 PM

WBGAA would that be a The Knights Crest by any chance? I would hope that you carry that crest with some respect, and are not taking the p*** by any chance!
[/font][/color]

Excuse me, but what concern is it of yours! Now, what gives you the right to challenge any individual on this message board?  Are you some sort of message board policeman or something huh!  Don't go getting beyond yourself with such an aggressive attitude.  What way is that to talk to a new user of this message board.

wbgaa1885

Does anyone know if the Antrim v Westmeath game is going ahead tomorrow and if the ground is suitable to play on?  I dont wish to make the journey down and the game postponed.

Queenie

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 07, 2009, 10:53:31 PM
Quote from: Queenie on February 07, 2009, 03:18:18 PM

[/font][/color]

Excuse me, but what concern is it of yours! Now, what gives you the right to challenge any individual on this message board?  Are you some sort of message board policeman or something huh!  Don't go getting beyond yourself with such an aggressive attitude.  What way is that to talk to a new user of this message board.

I wonder? HMMMMMM! Very aggressive wbgaa1885? R u cloaked? De Ja Vu maybe, i suspect a reincarnation is at hand! My advice would be to drop the logo, your mixing it on purpose and to use a logo of such an esteemed institution is pitiful and extremely disrespectful to those who give there time and expertise voluntarily for the betterment of society on the whole no matter what the opinions of the ignorant think! Like yourself i would guess.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Arthur_Friend

Your man can use whatever avatar he likes Queenie, whats the problem? Though I suspect you're right, he's been here before, two people here have alluded to this and he isn't even curious as to what they're talking about.