Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Well I would have thought that if there was series of games and the team was competitive in these games in the smaller grounds that the crowd would buy into it more, the game in dunloy with wexford was a woeful game and the massive crowd in attendance couldnt get into it at all.
So i think it is a combo of both.

Max interested as to what you make of the lack of Dunloy players on the county scene at the moment, seems a bit strange from probably the second ranked team in the county at the moment.

maxpower

Quote from: NAG on January 26, 2009, 04:19:23 PM
Well I would have thought that if there was series of games and the team was competitive in these games in the smaller grounds that the crowd would buy into it more, the game in dunloy with wexford was a woeful game and the massive crowd in attendance couldnt get into it at all.
So i think it is a combo of both.

Max interested as to what you make of the lack of Dunloy players on the county scene at the moment, seems a bit strange from probably the second ranked team in the county at the moment.

Can't claim to be the second ranked when we were beat by the beaten finalists but it is unusual for our club to be as poorly represented as we have been in recent years.

I think Paddy will return, though is a new father and so might not.  Of the players in our squad i believe should be involved most have i understand choosen not to commit or have retired, unfortunate as Damien McMullan, Malachy Molloy and Liam Richmond are still amoung the best in the county
What happens next????

milltown row

i rate Damien McMullan as one of the best defenders in Antrim. quality on the ball, never mouths off, always looks calm and assured. also can hit some fine long range points. is he in his thirties yet? only flaw would that he'd need to build up a bit. a bit light. as was noticed yesterday.

James Ryall  and JTyrrell were huge, and with Hogan in fullback christ are bigger lads looked small

maxpower

Big D is deceptively strong, maybe doesn't look it but i'd say very few would shake him off.  Was far an away Dunloys best player against Birr, would be 30 this coming year
What happens next????

milltown row

Aye Max was down at the game, played great and managed a great score from halfback i think.

glens abu

was very impressed with Antrim's effort on Sunday and thought Kieran McGourty had a fine game,things looking a bit brighter for the year ahead.

Lecale2

Anybody got the league fixtures?

youbetterbelieveit

8th Feb - 2.30pm Aontroim v Iar Mhí

15th Feb - 2.30pm An Dún v Aontroim

1st Mar - 2.30pm Aontroim v Loch Garman

22nd Mar - 2.30pm Ceatharlach v Aontroim

29th Mar - 2.30pm Aontroim v Ciarraí

5th Apr - 2.30pm Laois v Aontroim

19th Apr - 2.30pm Uíbh Fhailí v Aontroim

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on January 27, 2009, 08:52:11 PM
i wonder wat date the dall boys will be back to playing league games

I heard from someone close to the Cushendall team that some wanted to play in the first league game because training with Cushendall was lax to say the least.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: the colonel on January 27, 2009, 08:52:11 PM
i wonder wat date the dall boys will be back to playing league games

Surely the Kerry game as the heads will still be a bit sore for the Carlow one????????

JamesH

I  don,t know who you were talking to but i watched the dall train recently and they are flying fit, Micky Culbert has them bouncing and well ahead in fitness terms. They believe their fitness levels is letting them concentrate on hurling with no worries. I'm told the 2 outstanding injuries both trained last night. i think they are better prepared than before and a better unit, with such a small panel there is no way the could play for the county at this stage.

theskull1

I fancy the dall to get past DLS. They will have more experience than la salle at this level. Maybe easier said than done but Mullane is not unmarkable. I reckon graffin will be tasked with this man marking job. The sticker the better.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Also this time of the year suits the Dall with the pitches being heavier and slower to suit their big strong backs as well.

Minder

Everyone is talking about Mullane & rightly so but Brian Phelan was superb in the Munster final and is as influential as Mullane
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Aye, but Ahane should have had them out of sight before they got on a roll. It was Ahane's to win and they didn't put them away. Nerves played a big part of that IMO. Cushendall will have a bit more to offer than Ahane in terms of experience on the big day
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera