Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The post from the Antrim guestbook has now been removed for some reason.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

maxpower

meant very tongue in cheek, should have made better use of my  :-\ :-\ ;)

Did you go to casement skull, stayed to watches junior camogs
What happens next????

Last Man

Sorry to digress from the current conversation lads but can anyone recommend a reasonable coach hire co. to take a group of kids to Tipp for the weekend. Prob looking at a 53 seater.

milltown row

Chambers seem to be the main providers for buses, though translink maybe a reasonable price. no prices but log on to their websites.

on another note Lastman, what the Fcuk was that corner back at last week at Milltown? is that the way ya coach you kids nowdays?

milltown row

he tried to cut the oldest player on the park in two.  :-[

Last Man

Missed the game myself Milltown but heard he deserved to walk no question. He's not a bad lad, just a bit fragile mentally, wud say nerves got the better of him cos I wasn't there to tell him what to do ;).Poor coaching in his formative years might have a lot to do with it, but we're working on that. Was it yourself on the receiving end?
Cheers for the Bus info.

Last Man

Some result for the Biddies right enough, they will be well pissed off at themselves letting St.Ts chin them in the championship. Wouldn't have seen St.Ts getting close to the Crans. My first reaction was that both teams decided to half the points saving the crans a journey on saturday, sure they didn't need the points anyway. Surely not. Note to self......Must stop being so cynical.. ;)

milltown row

got the ball (ok i was nudging him a bit) turned him and seen the hurl coming. brusing takes longer these days to heal ;)

ya's arent a bad team so was taken a back slightly. sure all good fun. ya have to take a slap  every now and again and god knows i've handed a few out :P

Minder

I think i need my toes looked at. is there an "Assessor" about ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Last Man

Quote from: Minder on October 14, 2008, 05:07:06 PM
I think he's waitin for a new keyboard to be delivered, saw his old one on e-bay. the following keys don't work though
n;u;m;b;s;k;u;l;l;. For some reason he was hitting those keys too hard. ::)

theskull1

Ahhh FFS  :-\ ...you're jokin ?

Quote from: Last Man on October 14, 2008, 05:32:39 PM
I think he's waitin for a new keyboard to be delivered, saw his old one on e-bay. the following keys don't work though
n;u;m;b;s;k;u;l;l;. For some reason he was hitting those keys too hard. ::)

Tis smee  Tis smee  ;D

Seriously .....I would be mindful in the next few weeks and months of new members joining up with agendas. I hope I don't have to be the only one who spots them  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: milltown row on October 13, 2008, 08:02:07 PM
got the ball (ok i was nudging him a bit) turned him and seen the hurl coming. brusing takes longer these days to heal ;)

ya's arent a bad team so was taken a back slightly. sure all good fun. ya have to take a slap  every now and again and god knows i've handed a few out :P

I've spotted an imposter already- the real "Milltown Row" was an angelic creature, who never did anything wrong !

milltown row

i wouldn't harm a fly playwiththewind1st, and as for being an imposter, shame on ya.

so who is the Assessor, i'm being very slow on the up take here. just PM me i'll not say a word ;) my word is my bond

saffron sam2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on October 10, 2008, 06:44:43 PM
A wee bit of the topic of conversation here, but can anyone tell me where we got the saffron colors come from. Aye know back in the day  the team that won the County, that particular clubs strip was used to represent the County team as was custom back then. However though, where did the club that won get their colors from. The reason I ask is that a group of people from Ireland at one time fought for a Scottish army against England. They were mostly from Moyle and Dalriada area. They wore saffron armbands to distinguish themselves. I was just wondering was their a connection with this and our County colors? I'm probably way off... 

I was in a pub one night and a boy tried to tell me Antrim wore saffron because of the profileration of daisies, primroses and daffodils in the Glens. Luckily I was able to point out that the county colours do indeed come from a club strip, that club being the now defunct Seagan An Diomais (or Sean a' Diomas depending on where you hear about them). A Belfast club who represented Antrim in both the 1911 and 1912 All-Ireland football finals.

The editor of a monthly GAA magazine goes under the pen name of Sean an Diomas - Shane the Proud.

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet