Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

doing the referee thing for me was a chance to put something back in and take some stick, as i was good at giving it ;)

surprised myself at how well i enjoyed it. if the regular posters want to come on and have a pop at me well, so what. it wont be the first and I've not fallen out with too many.

i personally have no love for any club outside of my own. i care not one jot who wins or loses. i only want to call it as i see it. and while getting that final was great it's not the reason why i did it. it was a promise to certain people that I'd give it a go.

oh and I'm thick skinned alright. would be a good idea not get personalised on this site Assessor. he without sin cast the first stone!!!!

PlayWithTheWind

2008 Railway Cup Hurling

The following Antrim Players have been asked to attend;

Loughgiel
Johnny Campbell
Eddie McCloskey
Neill McGarry

Dunloy
Paddy Richmond
Paul Shields

Cushendall
Sean Delargy
Paddy Magill
Aaron Graffin
Neill Mc Manus
Karl McKeegan

Ballycastle
Ryan McGarry
Neill McAuley   ------- never played for the county all year with injury
Cormac Donnelly

St Galls
Karl Stewart

Rossa
Mickey Kettle

Lamh Dhearg
Ciaran Herron
Brendan Herron  ------- never hurled this year for the county
Michael Herron

Tir Na Nog
Michael Magill ------ was this boy not dropped off the county panel

Is SW managers?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

NAG

yeah they are,

dont start going into that squad or there are a few more boys that havent struck leather all year and played most games!

Two Hands FFS

I'd say they named they named 19 players from Antrim incase some dont commit...Cushendall, Kevin Lynches & who ever comes out of Down.

I seen in other county threads..they've done a team in the championship..Anyone like to post one?

theskull1

I know there are others who do not as I have watched them play from first hand, but can someone tell me if all 3 herron bros are deserving of a place on merit? And why include Eddie McC who has obviously got a longish term injury in the panel?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

There are probably as many people discussing the Railway cup here as there will be at the matches........Waste of time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

In all seriousness why pay the tournament at all, it has lost complete and utter relevance in the modern GAA and in Ulster terms, with the turnouts that were recorded at some of the sessions last year the players have lost interest also.

Instead of putting up a free tour for the winners, why not pump the money into grass roots hurling in places like donegal or monaghan and try and improve the game instead of constantly giving benefits to the top group of players.

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on September 30, 2008, 10:52:32 PM
Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 09:32:28 PM
Hi MR.

As a novice referee yourself, don't be getting ahead of yourself.  You will be watching nobody.  Remember, someday when you c**k up big time, the avid GAA followers in this county will be queuing up to log on to GAAboard.com.   They will be going at you with all barrels blazing and with no mercy for ye at all. What will be so light hearted about that rookie?

We'll see how thick skinned and broad shouldered you are, when it's your turn!

Remember, they will all be watching ye and only to ready to pounce!

What about you reading it first? Pay particular attention to the two scentences which I've highlighted. I await your reply

Still waiting. Wheres them big broad shoulders at now?

PlayWithTheWind

dont get him started again skull
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

theskull1

I'd like him to reply. The guy rips through ALL the posters of this board to get his point across in regards to critisism of referees. Never mind that it's OK for him to do it. I'm not accepting it. If he feels his position is so strong then he'll try and win the discussion. If not he'll stay silent. It's a win win either way if you ask me

Last Man

Could he be the reincarnation old Joe Stalin. He shows similar traits with the over zealous zeal he has when attacking a dissenting voice. Watch out lads or you could be exiled to a far off place devoid of hurling and broadband.........Leitrim. Watch your back ;)

milltown row

is there talk of changing league structures with hurling, have clubs voted for change again? with only 5 Antrim teams in div one next year that means only 5 teams playing senior championship, pretty poor in my opinion, but thats the standard and it will only get worse due to the gulf in class, this can only get better if more antrim teams were to play the top teams.

my own club in its early days were poor, but after a few seasons we could compete against teams that were wining championships. yes we had the odd hammering but as seen this year in the county champions can get a hammering in the league.

my own club will be concentrating on inter. and trying to bring through some of the younger players, but i just feel its the wrong direction

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on October 01, 2008, 02:12:47 PM
Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 09:32:28 PM
Hi MR.

As a novice referee yourself, don't be getting ahead of yourself.  You will be watching nobody.  Remember, someday when you c**k up big time, the avid GAA followers in this county will be queuing up to log on to GAAboard.com.   They will be going at you with all barrels blazing and with no mercy for ye at all. What will be so light hearted about that rookie?

We'll see how thick skinned and broad shouldered you are, when it's your turn!

Remember, they will all be watching ye and only to ready to pounce!

What about you reading it first? Pay particular attention to the two scentences which I've highlighted. I await your reply

Still waiting. Wheres them big broad shoulders at now?

Hi NUMSKULL

If I knew what your actual question was I could maybe answer.  I am not aware that you were directing a question at me of any significance which required the need for me to answer.  You do ramble on a bit and it's difficult to gauge where you are coming from?  You are all over the show man!  Take it easy. 
'The Profound Assessor'

Last Man

I think I was at the meeting last year when the current structure was ratified,while I am not a fan of the whole div2/3 idea I can live with it as long as it moves to the next stage the following season where it shakes down to a separate 2 and 3. Can't see what the point is in changing again after a year. Let the hare sit I say and see where we are after year 2.

theskull1

Quote from: Assessor on October 01, 2008, 07:59:03 PM

Hi NUMSKULL

If I knew what your actual question was I could maybe answer.  I am not aware that you were directing a question at me of any significance which required the need for me to answer.  You do ramble on a bit and it's difficult to gauge where you are coming from?  You are all over the show man!  Take it easy. 

I didn't ask you a question. I awaited your response. I can't be responsible for the fact you didn't understand the difference. Just to clarify, I'll summarize where we're at Assessor, because I want to discuss this with you rather than join you in bring this down to a slagging match like you are attempting to do.

I replied to your post to milltown row and accused you in that post, of once again voicing your broad brushed opinion of the regular posters to this thread and suggested that you be a little more specific with your comments (for the second time btw). You replied to me stating that you were directing your post to MR (which indeed you were) but this fact was irrelevant as it had nothing to do with the points I was making to you. If you only wanted MR to view it then use the PM facility. You seem to have difficulty grasping the fact that if you post publicly that we all can take a view on what you post and who you direct the points you make to has got sod all to do with it.

Now all I want from you is some sort of coherent response in relation to what we (I) are discussing. Would there be any chance of that or am I wasting my time?

Talk about having to spell it out  :-[