Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assessor

Quote from: davincicode on September 30, 2008, 06:17:56 PM
Assessor, you seem to have got a rise from a few of our regular posters. I was at the game and have a few views of my own, the game was poor, promised everthing and delivered nothing in the line of great hurling. Loughguile never got out of the blocks, Wednesday night may have told. You seem to defend and are share a common bond with the referees. Who was the lad that came on with the linesman over the waterboy incident? Don,t know what he was doing there, he continually was up and down the line? What was he doing? He was wearing the referees top?

Do you feel Cushendal Should have had a penalty?

Do you feel Loughguile should have been given theirs?

Referee had,nt much to do, what do you feel?

Can cushendal go any further?

Look forward to a constructive responce, prove to my associates that you are a gaa man through and through.

Hi there, now someone with a bit of sense and intelligence at last!  Don't worry about me, I can take the abuse and the misguided comments that are bandied about on this site.  It,s the sort of thing Referees and Assessors have to put up with all the time.

For those who did not realise, I did make my views known on the game on Sunday and yes I did post my comments earlier, despite what you and others have said.  Too busty listening to the normal claptrap, I think.

However, to answer your questions and your observations.

1. Yes, in my view the referee was right to award Cushendall the penalty, no question about it from where I was sitting.

2. Again from where I was sitting, I think the referee got it right, no question about it.  from what I could see the Loughguile player lay down on the ball initially.

3. The referee, despite a poor game of hurling I feel where possible let the game flow as much as he possibly could have given the circumstances.  I thought he was very fit and always up with the play also.  All in all I think he had a good game and clearly their were no major incidents or anything of a contentious nature.

4.  Cushendall may possibly win Ulster, beyond that however, I really cant see them progressing any further.  A few key players yes, but not enough, pace, physicality or guile if you ask me.

I certainly agree with you that Loughguile appeared to dispel all their energy and craft in the sole effort to beat the local parish rivals Dunloy.  They were really running on empty on Sunday and had nothing left  for the Final encounter.  A real pity though.  I thought this might be their year given their superb performance against Dunloy.  On that performance alone, Loughguille would have given the best  in the country a run for their money!

Your further observation I find really interesting. It was difficult during the second half in particular to determine who was the linesman and who was the fourth official.  As I understand it, the fourth official is a new kid on the block without very much experience and somewhat over zealous when it came to the big occasion.  Clearly, questions would have to be asked about his suitability in officiating at the county's premier hurling event.  Like you, I was a little concerned to see him up and down the line with the linesman.  I was even more concerned when he went onto the field of play, a real no, no if you ask me!  But sure, we all have to learn!

To conclude however, that's why ye guys need people like me to keep both ye and the novice referees/linesmen in check.  Despite my big shoulders and thick skin, (I can take it!) if ye guys continue to lambast are good referees, you8 may end up with a monkey, like the fourth official (whoever he was?) refereeing your games in the future.

So be kind to our referees and especially kind to the ASSESSORS also!

'The Profound Assessor'

Minder

Did Cushendall get a penalty?I must have missed that
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

davincicode

Excellent synopsis my friend! You are a real dark horse/rough diamond indeed. I have just been checking the GAA website on 4th officials and you are 100% correct! maybe you actually are a real assessor? He has no responsibility what so ever, except to deal with subs and time keeping. County obviously made a poor decision putting him in.Who was he?

I totally concur with your opinion on Cushendals progress, could i be so bold as to correct you and say he awarded Loughguile the penalty not cushendal, typo I'm sure. Yes as i have previously said, i have watched 3 guys referee this year from antrim and in my humble opinion Elliott and Duffy are good referees outside antrim, hate to see some lads have a pop just for the sake of it! I watched the football for a short while, and the referee in that never moved the whole second half! Never up with play, but thats football.

Look forward to your contributions in the future, don,t get the time to post as often as i would like, appreciate your thoughts and informed opinions Assessor.

Assessor

Apologies, ye folk.  I got my wires crossed over the penalties question.  Yes Loughguille warranted getting the penalty and no, Cushendall  did not deserve a penalty from where I was sitting.  In my view a Cushendall player actually lay down on the ball.

See, I am not infallible.  I stand corrected a chara!
'The Profound Assessor'

Assessor

Quote from: davincicode on September 30, 2008, 08:15:57 PM
Excellent synopsis my friend! You are a real dark horse/rough diamond indeed. I have just been checking the GAA website on 4th officials and you are 100% correct! maybe you actually are a real assessor? He has no responsibility what so ever, except to deal with subs and time keeping. County obviously made a poor decision putting him in.Who was he?

I totally concur with your opinion on Cushendals progress, could i be so bold as to correct you and say he awarded Loughguile the penalty not cushendal, typo I'm sure. Yes as i have previously said, i have watched 3 guys referee this year from antrim and in my humble opinion Elliott and Duffy are good referees outside antrim, hate to see some lads have a pop just for the sake of it! I watched the football for a short while, and the referee in that never moved the whole second half! Never up with play, but thats football.

Look forward to your contributions in the future, don,t get the time to post as often as i would like, appreciate your thoughts and informed opinions Assessor.

I haven't a clue who the fourth official was, but clearly a poor choice!
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 01:04:40 PM

I am not here to win debates unlike you who thinks that people are really going to listen to the claptrap you post frequently.  Ask youself, who is the real eejit here pal?

Just here to keep you all in check and listen to the rumour mongering, character assassinations and insignificant tittle tattle that is aired on this wasters forum.  The forum and it's shallow minded contributors does not really align itself much to the greater benefit of 'Antrim Hurling' but primarily to criticise, lambast and ridicule individuals who are not here to debate or defend themselves.

Like others, shame on you.

Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 07:35:32 PM
Your further observation I find really interesting. It was difficult during the second half in particular to determine who was the linesman and who was the fourth official.  As I understand it, the fourth official is a new kid on the block without very much experience and somewhat over zealous when it came to the big occasion.  Clearly, questions would have to be asked about his suitability in officiating at the county's premier hurling event.  Like you, I was a little concerned to see him up and down the line with the linesman.  I was even more concerned when he went onto the field of play, a real no, no if you ask me!  But sure, we all have to learn!

To conclude however, that's why ye guys need people like me to keep both ye and the novice referees/linesmen in check.  Despite my big shoulders and thick skin, (I can take it!) if ye guys continue to lambast are good referees, you8 may end up with a monkey, like the fourth official (whoever he was?) refereeing your games in the future.

It's great to see we can all be guilty of it Assessor. Don't preach if you're not holy big man

Well done though on your first mature post. May you have many more of them

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Assessor and Davinci, shut it please, :-[

unfortunately when people take up positions within the county, be they county players, referees or unpaid county committie men, then they are the ones whom as the title suggest will be debated about, yes some people (myself included) will have a pop, borne out of frustration at the handling of things. none of the posters on this site wish antrim hurling bad. a lot of views are constructive and the debates are well thought out. some banter to lighten the day also but in general no malice, though minder does have a hard on for KMcG :P

Now the fourth official has only been refereeing a couple of years and whether he knew the rules regarding what a fourth official duties are is down to the  experienced referees on show. so maybe it was not his fault. dont give off about a unpaid official and expect us posters to do the same, glass house and all that.

I'll be watching youse two  :o

Assessor

Quote from: milltown row on September 30, 2008, 08:29:49 PM
Assessor and Davinci, shut it please, :-[

unfortunately when people take up positions within the county, be they county players, referees or unpaid county committie men, then they are the ones whom as the title suggest will be debated about, yes some people (myself included) will have a pop, borne out of frustration at the handling of things. none of the posters on this site wish antrim hurling bad. a lot of views are constructive and the debates are well thought out. some banter to lighten the day also but in general no malice, though minder does have a hard on for KMcG :P

Now the fourth official has only been refereeing a couple of years and whether he knew the rules regarding what a fourth official duties are is down to the  experienced referees on show. so maybe it was not his fault. dont give off about a unpaid official and expect us posters to do the same, glass house and all that.

I'll be watching youse two  :o

Now we have he self opinionated St. Gall's man from down the row, telling us to 'shut up'.  I ask you! And also from what I am informed, like the fourth official, a realitively new and inexpereinced referee to boot!  Are you tryingto tell me, a couple of years refereeing and still does not know the role and responsibilities of the fourth offical.  Lets get real here!
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Quote from: davincicode on September 30, 2008, 08:15:57 PM

Jesus not you as well davinci. ???

Of course the rest of us "have a pop just for the sake of it" [sarcastic  ::)] but I struggle with how you would then define your comment about the football final referee? What would that be then?

Assessor

Hi MR.

As a novice referee yourself, don't be getting ahead of yourself.  You will be watching nobody.  Remember, someday when you c**k up big time, the avid GAA followers in this county will be queuing up to log on to GAAboard.com.   They will be going at you with all barrels blazing and with no mercy for ye at all.  What will be so light hearted about that rookie?

We'll see how thick skinned and broad shouldered you are, when it's your turn!

Remember, they will all be watching ye and only to ready to pounce!
'The Profound Assessor'

davincicode

Easy guys, i must apologise but sunday was such a disappointment, the football was poor and then anticipating a great game of hurling it fell flat! I meant no malice in my comment Skull, there seems to be enough going on. I think by the look of it MR has turned assessor to the Dark Side again. Assessor you observations on the game where 1st class, don,t get drawn in to personal attacks again, MR is the daddy of the site, and I'm just a blow in. What part of north antrim are you from?

theskull1

The self righteous Assessor wades through the regular posters on this thread once again. FFS will you focus your derision and make your point directly to the specific posters, who in your opinion "go at people with both barrell with no mercy" instead of this broad bush approach you continually take?

Assessor

Quote from: davincicode on September 30, 2008, 09:41:59 PM
Easy guys, i must apologise but sunday was such a disappointment, the football was poor and then anticipating a great game of hurling it fell flat! I meant no malice in my comment Skull, there seems to be enough going on. I think by the look of it MR has turned assessor to the Dark Side again. Assessor you observations on the game where 1st class, don,t get drawn in to personal attacks again, MR is the daddy of the site, and I'm just a blow in. What part of north antrim are you from?

Hi Davinci

I think in itself, declaring I am from North Antrim is enough for the moment on this forum.  Some suspect and malicious characters on here!

Slán, a chará.
'The Profound Assessor'

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on September 30, 2008, 10:05:40 PM
The self righteous Assessor wades through the regular posters on this thread once again. FFS will you focus your derision and make your point directly to the specific posters, who in your opinion "go at people with both barrell with no mercy" instead of this broad bush approach you continually take?

Hi NUMSKULL (fecking squared).

I was directing my post to MR.  Did I not say MR. in my response.

Read the bloody thing again.  Wind your neck in also or get a ladder and get over yerself. 
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 09:32:28 PM
Hi MR.

As a novice referee yourself, don't be getting ahead of yourself.  You will be watching nobody.  Remember, someday when you c**k up big time, the avid GAA followers in this county will be queuing up to log on to GAAboard.com.   They will be going at you with all barrels blazing and with no mercy for ye at all. What will be so light hearted about that rookie?

We'll see how thick skinned and broad shouldered you are, when it's your turn!

Remember, they will all be watching ye and only to ready to pounce!

What about you reading it first? Pay particular attention to the two scentences which I've highlighted. I await your reply