Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Get real all you shamrockers out there, taking so much exception to the lack of sympathy for winker, FFS don't you get it. It's not about Loughgiel for him, it's about the Winker Watson show, so don't you worry about him.  It was an accident but forgive some posters for looking upon it as justice for some of the scum bag pulls he has tried in his day. But I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he plays on Sunday, with a bit of luck it will have knocked some sense into him, he who lives by the sword and all that.
I suppose he has one thing to be thankfull for is that Patch retired this year as he is the only defender I remember having kept him quiet for the last few years. I also think Aaron Graffin will give him all he wants on Sunday, the best CB in Antrim at the minute IMO

monkey

Quote from: theskull1 on September 19, 2008, 02:36:06 PM
Quote from: monkey on September 19, 2008, 01:11:57 PM
My 2cents worth...
I wasnt at the game but heard full report from a mate who is neutral. 
There were a few dirty strokes on both sides though i understand it was Dunloy in the majority, particulary towards the end of the game, that let themesleves down.  I was going to also say they let their supporters down too though after hearing a conversation this morning between 2 Dunloy supporters it might not apply:

"Bad match"
"Yes, we were very poor"
"Hear winker got broken jaw"
"Yes, I hear it is fractured in 2 places, had to go to Altnagalvin, that was the highlight of the match for me, (ha ha) good enough for him, pity he didnt get more"

I know there is bad blood on both sides but that sort of comment about any individual is disgusting.  I honestly believe that if an oppositon player got permanently injured it would bring a huge amount of pleasure to these sorts of "humans". 

There was more than 2 so called Dunloy supporters that disgraced themselves monkey. I heard them myself. But please don't extrapolate a conversation held between two of them to mean that we're all like that because the majority are not

Nope youve got me wrong, I wasnt extrapolating nor was i at the match.  I was just disappointed to hear the remarks this morning and to say that these "supporters" wouldnt have been let down when Dunloy lost their heads.  No doubt this opinion is shared by a minority and im sure a minority on the Loughiel side too if it related to a Dunloy player.   Its too often part an parcel at some matches to see and hear this type of behaviour from some of the savages that follow the game.

theskull1

Is that not what you are inferring in the sentence you wrote

"I was going to also say they let their supporters down too though after hearing a conversation this morning between 2 Dunloy supporters it might not apply:"

No matter...you've cleared it up
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bredaghgael86

Quote from: Guillem2 on September 19, 2008, 08:44:30 AM
Div 2-3 of the league is getting interesting. Ballycran will win it as expected but around the middle theres great competition. There's 5 strong sides fighting for 2 places in Div 2 next year - Glenarm, Carey, St Paul's, Armoy & Lamb Dhearg. Should be some interesting games over the next couple of weeks.

i know its not part of the who hit who argument, but does anyone know the craic with the leagues for next year? more specifically 4a. it just my club, which is hard to guess is looking like gettng out of 4b and i was wondering if they were going to be changed again or do we play in 4a next year?

milltown row

as far as i know Bredaghgael, the hurling leagues are one up one down. div2/3 will become a div 2 and 3 on their own, Ballycastle conjured this (not going to get into that argument again :-X :-X :-X) and the top 8 in div 2/3 become div 2 and the bottom 8 become div 3.

clear as MUD?????? 

I'd say use would do really well in div 4 b, St aggies would be the best team next year as St Terseas are going up

youngfella

My turn - Loughgiel sounds like a right good old scrap, Great intensity, plenty of hard tackles. Just what the doctor ordered for antrim hurling. If we can get all are club games to be fought at that intensity and passion then prehaps we can make more impact on the Liam.
I've seen what winker can do for club, county and football team. Very talented and pacey but a right dirty wee fecker. If he has a broken jaw, I wish him a successful and speedy recovery. but he cant risk playing in the final 15 boys would be out for his blood.
The dall men have all being very quiet of late, they have had weeks to prepare, who is manageing them? have they had any challenge games? Is neil mcmanus fit?
I would love to the see the final played with the same instensity and passion, its only good for antrim hurling.

Could someone pop up a copy of the league table? Reading MR post got me thinking. If ballycastle went down a divsion and championship grade, It might be the thing they need to get them fired up and help turn them in the team they once were.
Pull hard and early

Minder

Youngfeller. . . . . . Glenariffe will be going down this year not the town,one down and one up.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

The 2 hard games with Dunloy will do Loughgeil more good than any challenge games Cushendall could organise. Why was one semi played so early?
Is the final 28th Sept or 5th Oct?

Minder

Final is next sunday, 28th.

Dunloy

To highlight a conversation between 2 of our "fans" is rather petty, and what were you doing eaves dropping?? the fact of the matter is Dunloy is no different with regards to supporters as any other club, these people arent supporters, they attend 1/2 games a year to shout their mouths off. It been like that since the beginning of time..believe me i was there. :D

As for Watson, he has a broken jaw but as someone mentioned earlier if you live by the sword...Michael McClements no doubt in my mind would still be in hospital but for th fact he wears a helmet. The biggest problem regards watson now is that fact that he wont be able to eat? Even i wouldnt be too worried about marking a player who hasnt ate in two weeks, if he is missing i cant see how loughgiel can pull it off, but as has been stated before they play much more as a team now, although he is still their only real scorer. Would like to see Graffin or Delargy mark him to see how it would go

milltown row

Delargy may be playing up front. seen him at the Johnnies game up there, Graffin would be a better option

youngfella

Why not neil mc manus ? HEs a big strong fella
Pull hard and early

monkey

Quote from: Dunloy on September 21, 2008, 10:50:33 AM
To highlight a conversation between 2 of our "fans" is rather petty, and what were you doing eaves dropping?? the fact of the matter is Dunloy is no different with regards to supporters as any other club, these people arent supporters, they attend 1/2 games a year to shout their mouths off. It been like that since the beginning of time..believe me i was there. :D
I was only repeating what i heard and its hardly petty as you agree that it goes on at all clubs.  As i said in my next post (perhaps you missed it) "No doubt this opinion is shared by a minority and im sure a minority on the Loughiel side too if it related to a Dunloy player.   Its too often part an parcel at some matches to see and hear this type of behaviour from some of the savages that follow the game."

As for Watson, he has a broken jaw but as someone mentioned earlier if you live by the sword...
Think this phrase is starting to wear out a bit now!  ;)

The biggest problem regards watson now is that fact that he wont be able to eat? Even i wouldnt be too worried about marking a player who hasnt ate in two weeks
Good point, even with consuming equivilant liquid food it couldbt be the best preparation for a final.  Mind you, look what happens if you starve a pack of lions for a while!

if he is missing i cant see how loughgiel can pull it off, but as has been stated before they play much more as a team now,
Will be closer match without him but Cushendall need to be on their game to win even without Watson.

Minder

Have they announced the order of play for next week. Is football or hurling on first? Dont fancy seeing any of the football

Two Hands FFS

Think it's football first Minder. Probably been announced during the week.