Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I can't honestly say. I'm well aware of his chequered past, but he didn't retaliate after the first slap he took so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt this time. He then took that stick shoved in his face and played the next ball. Whether there was intent or not, he f**king disguised it well.

theskull1

You can have my rose tinted spectacles. You'll definately see it with those the next time.  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

sorry clubman i also was watching that tackle and he pulled on the man, getting the ball was lucky. Now its fair to say that Watson takes a lot of abuse during games, the star players usually do. but Watson does have a sly pull on him, you can ask any amount of players be they club players or county players (simon wilson got it on the same side of casement playing for Down one year)

means thats another year that Tommy wont referee a county final

Dunloy

What can i say other than that im absolutely shellshocked, we simply got out-everything'ed(yes i just made that word up), out fought, out thought, out hussled, Loughgiels intensity was far superior and all in all they just wanted it more. We are simply to used to winning games by 20-30 point margins and playing nice stylish hurling and didnt know what to do when loughgiel made it clear they wouldnt allow us to dictate the game, thought they were great(imagine), the biggest compliment i can pay them is that they played the game lastnight like a good football team. Watson was superb but have to say my man of the match would have been Jonny Campbell, thought he was the main force behind them and turned an unbelievable amount of ball. The discipline at times(from both teams) was disgraceful and that sort of thing needs to be eradicated. Driving the stick into someones mid section is a dangerous action, whats more it is a cowardly action and both sets of players were guilty. Anyway good luck in the final to Loughgiel

davincicode

MR, how many finals has Tommy done? Does anyone know? And i hear your debt was a successful one, how did you get on! Missed all this as i was back in the Capital City, going back down tomorrow to go on the lash and finish off in Pairc an Chrocaigh, got top class tickets back home at the weekend! what a week for Gaa! Excellent does the heart good!!

Minder

Who was doing the booting HS?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

and who was telling ya that Davinci? easy thing, that refereeing :P

Guillem2

Gort na Mona are a very progressive club and should be congratulated on getting to the minor final. I wasnt at either matches this week but I would have liked to see Gorts win the minor. They haddened a great name years ago but now have some great hurling men putting in a lot of work.

Maybe next year or the year after? Good luck to them.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

imtommygunn

According to bbc news watson got a broken jaw last night - what happened there??

If he misses the final wouldn't be too sure Loughgiel can win it...

Two Hands FFS

Watson will b playing,dont worry about that

Guillem2

Div 2-3 of the league is getting interesting. Ballycran will win it as expected but around the middle theres great competition. There's 5 strong sides fighting for 2 places in Div 2 next year - Glenarm, Carey, St Paul's, Armoy & Lamb Dhearg. Should be some interesting games over the next couple of weeks.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

NAG

IF and I mean IF Watson has a broken jaw then there will be very limited sympathy for him around the country. All this talk of the abuse he takes is a misnoma, he is the most highly protected player playing our game in the county. He gets more soft frees than any other player. He is also prone to either pulling early and low on a dropping ball, pulling head height on a boucing ball or throwing the ball into an opponent to play them and the ball. There is no doubting his talent, but if you live by the sword then you have to accept when it cuts both ways.

On the game itself looking back over both games, the midfield was the sector that was probably the difference in both teams, both loughgiel midefielders cleaned up every breaking ball on both sides. It was a clear tactic of the L'giel half backs not to attempt to win the ball first time only to stop the dunloy men from doing so as they knew they were sweeping up all the breaks. Id say if you looked at the games then mccloskey would have been responsible for most of the loughgiel cleareances from defence. They crowded that whole sector and it worked a treat for them.

If they a watson-less for the final I would say the old vunerabilities will come back to the fore but for me it is still a massive IF.

Minder

The word from Loughguile is that he has a broken jaw but i would think he will be playing. I dont see how they can win without Watson.

NAG

I dont see anyone playing with a broken jaw, I would imagine it would even painful to run let allow take a tackle on it!

Minder

Quote from: NAG on September 19, 2008, 09:29:18 AM
I dont see anyone playing with a broken jaw, I would imagine it would even painful to run let allow take a tackle on it!

Thats assuming he has a broken jaw.........