Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

great come back. well done the dall !! the ariffe must be gutted
Pull hard and early

youngfella

will you be able to post the score from the ballycastle dunloy game?
Pull hard and early

monkey

I could probably post the score now if you like  ;)
Will be going to the game but will try and post score at halftime/fulltime if my mobile gets a reception.

PlayWithTheWind

Glenariff  1-8 2-16 Cushendall 
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

youngfella

:D Cant wair to read the boys match reports
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Any one got the margin in the dunloy game ?
Pull hard and early

glens73

From the county website -:

Dunloy    3-22   2-8   Ballycastle    Loughguile   Qtr Final   
Glenariff    1-8   2-16   Cushendall    Ballycastle   Qtr Final   
St. Johns    2-8   2-10   Rossa    Casement Park   Qtr Final   
Loughgiel    4-15   1-13   St. Galls    Ballycastle   Qtr Final

When are the semi-finals being played?

youngfella

Quote from: glens73 on August 03, 2008, 08:37:26 PM
From the county website -:

Dunloy    3-22   2-8   Ballycastle    Loughguile   Qtr Final   
Glenariff    1-8   2-16   Cushendall    Ballycastle   Qtr Final   
St. Johns    2-8   2-10   Rossa    Casement Park   Qtr Final   
Loughgiel    4-15   1-13   St. Galls    Ballycastle   Qtr Final

When are the semi-finals being played?

A day for the favorties them. Ballycastle have there work cut out for them after two very heavy defeats to dunloy. The milltown men arent as close as we all hoped to the shamrocks. Monkey says the cushendall came back from six points under at half time. The city slickers had the best scrap of the day.

Not a day to be a ballycastle man, how can it go so wrong after winning an under 21 championship just last year?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

it must have been the referees first match, think he was a ballymeana man. poor for both but that was not the reason for us getting beat. 4 goals in the first half by Loughgiel killed the game off, though we out scored Loughgiel by 1-7 to 0-7 in the second half meant nothing.

for me Loughgiel played a different type of game to the last few years. Watson played in the corner and and the young lad Shay in the other. a two man fullforward line with a crowded midfield. tactics were right and they exposed our weaknesses. all the play for a change did not go through Watson and a better spread of scores was the result.

though we tried it was always a up hill struggle, that was even before the whistle, Karl Stewart was outstanding for us and terry Austin, normaly a fullback was moved to fullforward and scored 4 points played well. we got out of it what we put into it......nothing

strangely for us and some may chuckle, i thought when Kevin McGourty came on for us in the second half we gave Loughgiel a better game.

anyway good luck to the teams left in the competition strange result up at Casement, as hardstation was quick to remind me of my quote, fair play to Rossa life in the auld dogs yet. anychance of a report Hardstation? believe Jonty was acting up on the sideline and Whack for the diidle was song by Rossa ;D ;D ;D

theskull1

Didn't get to 3 of the games yesterday so hopefully match reports will be posted by others

Our game against Ballycastle went to script. It was I game I was worried about as the town seemed to have responded to the hammering they got when they played us in the league, but they looked like a team who had no understanding of championship hurling last night. I counted 6 players on their team who realy looked as if they were trying. The rest were way off the pace and bar a dodgy 10 minute spell where we took the foot off the pedal, we had it very easy against them. Dunloy did what they had to do with a good brand of hurling and certainly, after watching a weekend of football on RTE, even a one sided match like this was still entertaining to watch
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

That was some result for Rossa. St John's were hurling well in the league.

theskull1

Did the league results not show that the Johnnies form had dipped coming into the championship

Draw against the town and then beat easily by portaferry?

Thought that Jonty would have had them peaking at the right time, but it appears that come July and August have the Johnnies go into holiday mode.

Also 2-10 to 2-8 is not great nicking in a hurling match. Exciting as it may have been, it doesn't appear to have had the quality needed to scare the dall in the semi's

Two Hands FFS

Wasnt really suprised that Rossa beat the johnies. The reason why St Johns were doing well in the league early on was cos they were so much fitter than everyone else cos they were training like mad. On top of those 2 league results Skull mentioned they also only beat Glenariffe by a point in that contraversial match up at Corrigan.

Rossa are a championship team & wouldnt have been concerned by league form. They have some very good  hurlers & some very good minors coming through as well

theskull1

Rossa's U21's gave us a real game as well whereas the Johnnies U21's (who won minor 3 years ago) didn't put a team into it. Antrim really needs the Belfast clubs to get back up there competing for honours

Tony Baloney

Sounds like the Oisins collapsed in the second half against the Dall. Any match reports?