Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

Quote from: JamesH on July 21, 2008, 07:15:00 PM
Was wondering how the County senior keeper was fit to play cf for the Towns res last night? is he not graded, he then was sent off straight red(seen with my own eyes) but then the ref changed it to Two yellows, their was one high profile NA official their wonder what his position is since it was against his club? oop's

The education system has gone to hell.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

MadMick007

Ballycran have a different agenda this year (and in the background they'll win Div 2 easy). I'd say they are going hammer and tongs for Ulster.

Glensman, I think you are forgetting Ballycran have to come out of Down. Portaferry will take some beating as they are flying in both Div1 and reserves. And as others have stated Div2 pace may be a deciding factor. Ballygalget are not at it a the moment so I fancy Portaferry to come out of Down. To win ulster you will also have to beat the the likes of Dunloy, Cushendal and possibly a few others, and even the winners of Derry who are usually up there. So to say Ballycrans aim is the Ulster is a bit of a shock! Dunloy are obviously favourites, outside bet is the Derry champions. Down Champions to loose in semi's

Glensman

Haven't forgot any of that Mick.

Every club's AIM is Ulster...No shock there. Its just some are nearer than others. Ballycran won't be too far away.

If their management are on the ball at all tougher friendlies than Div 2/3 will be/have been lined up.

NAG

Who would want to play a friendly at this time of the year?

I dont think any of the big guns would be up for giving ballycran a game just to bring them on.

I think there div 2 status might count against them but they are a strong and improving outfit, I expect them to be too good for portaferry in Down.

Glensman

Not against Antrim/Down teams...other club sides. A wee drive down south and I'd say there will be good club teams looking for games. It was just a suggestion.
Wasn't suggesting a Dunloy Ballycran closed doors friendly!

Ballycran to win Down.

Glensman

Would say that the Bodies will be more accomodating that S&W (the selfish boyos that they are?!).

Minder

He will probably last a week
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

Do the Donegal Celtic players get paid much, if at all?

imtommygunn

First teamers would certainly get paid. Though with not being in the Irish league this year he'd not be getting as much as he could have got.

A lot of them boys, at a guess, should be getting a few hundred quid a week.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2008, 09:36:47 PM
First teamers would certainly get paid. Though with not being in the Irish league this year he'd not be getting as much as he could have got.

A lot of them boys, at a guess, should be getting a few hundred quid a week.

I dont think the DC players would be getting that much, but whatever he is getting will come in handy for buying new scramblers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

I would think only the top players at DC ie maxi mc veigh would be getting 200/week. For a squad player probably a £50 retainers then appearance money etc. Might make £100-150 if he plays/scores a lot win bonuses etc. He will not get rich in the irish league, I would doubt if Peter Thompson at Linfield was on anymore than £5-600 per week and he was the top player in the league.

youngfella

Quote from: slow corner back on July 22, 2008, 11:57:58 PM
I would think only the top players at DC ie maxi mc veigh would be getting 200/week. For a squad player probably a £50 retainers then appearance money etc. Might make £100-150 if he plays/scores a lot win bonuses etc. He will not get rich in the irish league, I would doubt if Peter Thompson at Linfield was on anymore than £5-600 per week and he was the top player in the league.

thompson was on grand + a week
Pull hard and early

NAG

There will be a right difference between what linfield players get and even the rest of the league never mind DC.

Anyway hopefully this is the end of all the pandering to him, he is only out for himself and has no concept of loyalty to anything or anyone. The first time that it gets tough or something doesnt go his way then he will be off. On a motor bike or god knows what.

PlayWithTheWind

Squad players get around £80 - £150 a week

i cant see Watson being a star on the suffolk road so enough talk about soccer!!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

slow corner back

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on July 23, 2008, 04:53:05 PM
Squad players get around £80 - £150 a week

i cant see Watson being a star on the suffolk road so enough talk about soccer!!

Well said that man