Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Braniff is about 26/27, had he been u21 this year that would have made him 11 when he played against Antrim in a minor final...

Quote from: NAG on July 16, 2008, 09:25:23 AM
Max

It must be leaving your selectors with a serious job if you can go down there and beat b'galget with so many missing, is there any of the big names under pressure or will they go with the tried and tested?

Fierce pressure on the management, the u21 win was good for the club and has really brought on some of the young players, no sure who will miss out but would think from the team that started final last year Sean Dowds, Woody, Darren quinn, Paudie McMullan, Gabriel McTaggart, Paddy Doc &  Darren Webb are all making really big shouts to get on, bear in mind only one person retired.

whats the story with the dall, when are the injured players expected back.  they are the one team that can win a championship of the back of a poor league showing and i fully expect them to be serious contenders
What happens next????

NAG

I agree with you about cushendall will be an interesting match between them and the Johnnies.

So who do you think is going to push into the team this year then Max?

Good youth policy!

Two Hands FFS

NAG...Cushendall have to beat Glenariiffe first & wont be taking that challenge lightly

Heard U21'S won 2-18 to 0-8. Good start but Derry should be tougher opposition

slow corner back

Rossa were running into a bit of form in Div2 lately until they had to go to ballycran at the weekend where they got handed there asses on a plate by the look of the scoreline. In fairness Ballycran are pissing all over everyone in this division

Minder

Is Sean Delargy still on honeymoon?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Not sure Minder but I would imagine with the amount of hurling he has missed wouldnt be a starter anyway.

I will be amazed if they can get 21 players to turn up at the weekend, I see that they have gone back for P Magill after he was dropped off the panel.

Two Hands, I wasnt discounting Glenarriffe but cushendalls record against them in big games more or less does that itself.

Glensman

Quiz Question:Name the last player to play number 14,11, 6 and then 3 in one season of intercounty hurling?
I fear someone may throw Sambo's name into the ring as having done so but I'm not sure...

Hippy looked good last night at his own age level. If he got a couple of yards of pace from somewhere he would be the future.
Michael Magill must be off the panel as he is not on squad (though down for footballers - he and Jody kissed and made up?).

Win this one, beat lumps out of each other in our own championship, take stock and then go at it again.
Its what we do!

NAG

No harm whatsoever to the lad
But do you not think that says more about the management than the player?

How many training sessions were held could he not have been tired and tested there and given a place rather than using the important games as practice?

Also this is a lad that has yet to complete a full season of senior hurling with his club.

girt_giggler

Quote from: sail_in on July 15, 2008, 08:22:49 AM
QuoteWhich of you Antrim boys prefer hurling to football? Just wondering as the county seems to have a split for first preference judging by the 2 threads.

* Raises Hand * Me!

PS - Anyone know what the craic is with that Glenarm, Lamh Dhearg scoreline?

Lamh Dhearg v Glenarm was a draw

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on July 14, 2008, 02:45:06 PM
Dunloy beat Ballygalget in a decent competitive game yesterday by about 2 points, 1-12 to 0-17 or so.  Both team missing a few, they had no Johnston or Eoin Clarke but Stephen Clarke performed very well in CHF.  We were missing Dick, Ally, Paddy Doc, James McKeague, Mal Molloy & Damien McMullan.  some of our younger players really coming into there own.

getting close to championship now, still plenty to improve on

Any word on other matches

We were missing a few more than that but its on the day and Dunloy were the better team and once they took the lead we never looked like gettting enough scores to get back in the lead. Big Woodie did look the part but he had all the time in the world and not a challenge on him so I wouldn't read too much into his performance but he does have that languid stride his Da had which ate up the ground, certainly has a lot going for him.

We're up with the bodies this sunday, so hopefully we can be more competitive than we were against them last day out.

Two Hands FFS

Could anyone tell me why Simon McCrory & Barry McFall weren't playing last night?Are they not available for selection...does Micky J not let them play

NAG

oh have they decide to take it seriously this year

I thought they normally took the 12th fortnight off for a few beers, holidays and stuff!

youngfella

Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2008, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Glensman on July 17, 2008, 09:33:13 AM
Quiz Question:Name the last player to play number 14,11, 6 and then 3 in one season of intercounty hurling?

Guess: Pinky.

Very good shout, shows the versatility of ballycastle lads!  :P

Did he play in CHB?
Pull hard and early

youngfella

When nealer mcauley be fit for championship? Is pinky playin?
Pull hard and early

slow corner back

Neal Mcauley out as far as I know, pinky should be playing