Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

I wouldnt have thought there was any drinkers or gamblers in dunloy JC

They would be far too good living up round that part of the world.

Good to see some of the brethren havent left for the 12th yet!

youngfella

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on July 10, 2008, 11:45:09 AM
St Johns still going. Heard Loughgiel had only 16 players due to injuries/holidays..they must have been well short as thye normally have a whole host of subs. The town must have been well up for it after the Dunloy match.

did the town beat loughgiel?
Pull hard and early

maxpower

Dunloy beat Ballygalget in a decent competitive game yesterday by about 2 points, 1-12 to 0-17 or so.  Both team missing a few, they had no Johnston or Eoin Clarke but Stephen Clarke performed very well in CHF.  We were missing Dick, Ally, Paddy Doc, James McKeague, Mal Molloy & Damien McMullan.  some of our younger players really coming into there own.

getting close to championship now, still plenty to improve on

Any word on other matches
What happens next????

slow corner back

From the county website

Cushendall  0-12 1-13 Portaferry  Cushendall   
St. Johns  0-19 1-16 Ballycastle  Corrigan Park   
Ballygalget  1-12 0-18 Dunloy  Ballygalget   
Antrim Hurling Reserve D1
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Ballygalget  0-11 2-15 Dunloy  Ballygalget   
Cushendall  0-9 2-21 Portaferry  Cushendall   
Antrim Hurling Div 2-3 - 2008
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Glenravel  - - Cushendun  Glenravel Not Played 
Ballycran  2-22 3-9 Rossa  Ballycran   
Cloughmills  3-11 2-10 Sarsfields  Cloughmills   
Gaeil Chluana  0-16 0-13 St. Pauls  Ahoghill   
Lamh Dhearg  0-0 0-0 Shane O Neills  Lamh Dhearg   
Carey Faughs  2-18 3-15 Tir na Nog

Carey threw away a nine point lead to draw with Randalstown. Surprise draw for Ballycastle at St Johns that hiding from dunloy seems to have sparked some life into them.

Farrandeelin

Which of you Antrim boys prefer hurling to football? Just wondering as the county seems to have a split for first preference judging by the 2 threads.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

sail_in

QuoteWhich of you Antrim boys prefer hurling to football? Just wondering as the county seems to have a split for first preference judging by the 2 threads.

* Raises Hand * Me!

PS - Anyone know what the craic is with that Glenarm, Lamh Dhearg scoreline?

clootfromthe21

NAG

Max

It must be leaving your selectors with a serious job if you can go down there and beat b'galget with so many missing, is there any of the big names under pressure or will they go with the tried and tested?

Last Man

Was at thst match, thought young woody looked very solid at no.3. The full forward was a bit past it and didnt cause many problems but he looked confident, read the play well and mostly made the right decisions. He is definitley more comfortable in a central role than on a wing, Mckeague is a good full back but could probobly play anywhere in the defence.

NAG

Just will be interesting to see who they eventually go with.

A few good selection issues for them!

Anyone seen sambo's last set of comments? Who is he referring to there? Has he finally lost the plot?

Trouble Ahead

Trouble Ahead

Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #2628 on: Today at 11:48:13 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear that Mc Cartan is allegedly getting £200 per week plus expenses for the galls, and to top that Jody is allegedly lifting £1200 per month just from antrim, never mind Bredagh and his one off,s plus the teaching salary. I think its time i went into coaching it pays more!!!! Amateur sport my ass!!! No wonder no-one wants to play for him. 

Report to moderator    217.206.155.18 

Milltown any truth in this rumour!!!!!!!

Glensman

Anyone know if many in attendance at the Under 21 sessions?

I don't think team is being names until today. A few good players in there.

Is Branniff still under 21 for Down (I may be way off the mark here).

NAG

Glensman you are he is way over the age group now

5 seniors at the training last night if that gives you any indication of how we are fixed for the weekend

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG on July 16, 2008, 11:56:28 AM
Glensman you are he is way over the age group now

5 seniors at the training last night if that gives you any indication of how we are fixed for the weekend

5 seniors at senior training or under 21 training (or are they running them together?)

Two Hands FFS

Aye Braniff is about 25....so just misses U21 by 4 years.

Down have some hurlers at that level but we should still win handy enough. McManus is a huge loss.

Seniors were due to train last night as well. Poor turnouts