Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

coulda swore I saw him at the Loughgiel v Randalstown game last night....

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 25, 2008, 03:43:03 PM
But minder he's still a good hurler....................

Nobody is debating his ability, just whats between his ears.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: groundlie on June 25, 2008, 12:56:22 PM
You think he would catch himself on in the week of the Galway game!!

No better time to court publicity than the week of a big game, there's just some individuals like to see their name in print.

Big Geoffrey Mcgonigle was always an injury doubt the week before a big game thus ensuring he got more headlines in the irish news.

slow corner back

I dont think big geoffrey ever looked fit after he turned 21, :D. Having said that he was one of very few derry hurlers who put hurling on a par with football and for that i give him total respect. As for Mr Watson.......

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on June 25, 2008, 07:13:31 PM
W**ker by name

W**ker by nature.

Funny you should mentioned that groundie. I mind him winking at me one day and thought he looked like he'd been doing it all his life, though it could've been a nervous twitch. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

groundlie

Quote from: theskull1 on June 25, 2008, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: groundlie on June 25, 2008, 07:13:31 PM
W**ker by name

W**ker by nature.

Funny you should mentioned that groundlie. I mind him winking at me one day and thought he looked like he'd been doing it all his life, though it could've been a nervous twitch. 

....Or maybe he had a thing for you?

theskull1

Just took a look at the Antrim website which has listed the U14 Development squad. Out of 30 players, 11 are from St Johns.

As good a team as they are does the county really think that having such a high number of these players from the same club is a good thing from a county squad development point of view? Who is responsible for picking this squad. Is it an easy guess?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Minder

Quote from: Jack_Black on June 26, 2008, 10:36:19 AM
not exactly sure NAG, you will have to ask any of the Cushendall posters.

Dont leave us high and dry Jack......

NAG

I would say that it is hard to serve two masters and that Karl has put in a serious shift with alot of other county guys over the past 5-6 years.

And dont forget how fickle cushendall people are, when they are winning they are all great and when they are losing their players are drunken a***holes.

Probably the same everywhere but seems to be more pronouced down beside the seaside!

NAG

Did you hear me say it was impossible?

Just difficult and some manage it better than others!

Yes it is true, no matter what happens at the weekend re: starting place, he was kicking soccer for Limavady and S&W both know that!

Minder

I remember hearing stories that he missed training sessions under Dinny Cahill because he was playing some golf tournament in Cushendall.......

groundlie

Just reading the stuff on the hurling page about the galway trainer and loughnanne calling Antrim and Northern people every vulgar name of the day during a recent session. Its got my blood boiling a bit, and i'll be cheering the lads on big time on Saturday! We all know galway can beat Antrim out the gate but I hope the boys go out and get tore into them, the f**king bigoted b**tards.

johnneycool

Quote from: groundlie on June 26, 2008, 02:10:53 PM
Just reading the stuff on the hurling page about the galway trainer and loughnanne calling Antrim and Northern people every vulgar name of the day during a recent session. Its got my blood boiling a bit, and i'll be cheering the lads on big time on Saturday! We all know galway can beat Antrim out the gate but I hope the boys go out and get tore into them, the f**king bigoted b**tards.

my sentiments exactly.

Glensman

Team
Ryan Mc Garry
Arron Graffin
Neil Mc Garry
Mickey Kettle
Ciaran Herron
Cormac Donnelly
Johnny Campbell
Karl Mc Keegan
Eddie Mc Closkey
Michael Magill
Karl Stewart
Donal Mc Naughton
Michael Herron
Paddy Richmond
Paul Shiels

Watson doesn't start (or will he actually?)
Magill back in (or is he?)
Hippy at centre half.

Few talking points there.

If that is true about Galway at their training f*ck them. Lets at least get tore into them.
They've been training for too long this year to let things go with a whimper.
Galway will have a ten minute spell where they bang over a couple, get a goal...the first ten, the second ten who knows....its how Antrim respond to that. I just don't hope they let them have consecutive ten minute spells.

Up the Saffrons.