Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Paddy Richmond "doubtful" for Saturday, which i would  say means he will play......I loved this quote from Terry about Paddys "injury".....

"It can be slow to respond but, to be fair, that type of injury can come round quite quickly," he said.

Thats that cleared up.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on June 24, 2008, 10:18:17 AM
Skull
just getting a chance to reply now

I think if you look back at my comments you will see that I was totally impressed with the young lads themselves.

How far back should we look NAG? This was your first post on the topic since they won it on Sunday. Are you telling me that was balanced? Catch yourself on.

Quote from: NAG on June 23, 2008, 02:02:19 PM
Cloot is right was it u14 or u16

It is time that the st johns club took a look at this issue it has totally tarnished their club in the eyes of hurling people all over the county province and country.

Time to take action, this win means nothing to the people of antrim because we dont know what has gone on in the back ground to achieve it.

Pity but true
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Well did I say anything that was out of place?

point out my incorrect statement in that post please.

Has it not tarnished the win in the eyes of hurling people?

Is it time to take action? Most certainly so.

Im thinking that if Dunloy had of been competing with this St Johns team two years ago or for any of the last couple of years we would be hearing a different tune from you.

My point is fairness should be the guiding principle in young peoples sport, if this is not present and cheating is going on blatantly then any success is in the end fruitless and unfulfilling.

theskull1

Maybe you should read my posts NAG ffs

I already have said that you do have a point, but that you should have given credit to where it's due to the team which won on Sunday, rather than simply focus soley on the misdemenours of two years ago. By all means make that point, but that has got nothing to do with the young players who played at the weekend. Wrong time to make it IMO although I can't deny I didn't enjoy cloots little quip  :)

NAG

Skull

Yes i give credit where credit is due. They are a fabulous team.

But in all seriousness they still have the same management involved that blatantly cheated 2 years ago and nothing has been done about this so far, so I am not wrong to point out that it is continuing to tarnish what is certainly an exceptional team at this level.

Surely that you can see that if a guy cheated 2 years ago at this level what would be wrong with people questioning this team's authenticity? Therefore this is wrong for the young players involved who played well at the weekend, and as such I am only calling for the matter to be sorted and brought into the open so that this group of young players are no longer the butt of these types of comments or inuendo!

theskull1

Well I can personnally separate hurling ability of the team from the integrity of their mentors and I think it's only right that the two are kept separate.

NAG

And so can I but it is for the people out there that cant that I was making the point.

The integrity of a club should never be able to be called into question like this over one mentor and I would urge the St Johns club to take serious look at this.

Fairhead

I would be more in agreement with Skull's side of this discussion. I seen St Johns in the county Feile final 2 years ago agaisnt Ballycastle and if they had 1 fella overage you would not have known who he was. Was really impressed with them; they had 15 good, well coached hurlers and were not relying on 2 or 3 big lads to carry them. Now don't get me wrong using overage players should not happen but in this case in my opinion the fact that they had 1 overage player should not be held against the rest of them players for their careers.

Its the mentors that should have their honesty and intergrity questioned and in fact if they had a titter of wit about them they should have seen that they were good enough without having one overage player who wasn't miles ahead of any of the rest of them.

Forgetting about all that i would still congratulate St Johns on their acheivement of being in 3 Div 2 AI Feile finals in a row and winning two of them. Commendagh also won two Div 2 finals in the early 70's so given that they were almost regarded as St Johns underage division, you could say St Johns have 4 AI Feile titles.   

NAG

Excuse my negativity again skull  :P

But this is exactly what they get for pandering to this individual again.

He kicked them in the teeth by getting sent off and has just shown total disregard for the whole set up by his actions last night.

(Before people start jumping on and saying is this true and better get it clarified, it is completely true and is being confirmed by people on and around the panel)

theskull1

Should have started with "fantastic hurler but........" NAG  ;)

Watson's a big boy and deserves all the critisism he gets. A complete soap opera. Has got away with it for years. A real negative influence on any team. Are we really surprised??

groundlie

You think he would catch himself on in the week of the Galway game!!

NAG

Aye but Limavady must be offering a big money transfer! ;)

Maybe that or a new scrambler.

Complete soap opera and time he was shown the road IMO

Totally unacceptable!

Glensman

Taken a real edge of looking forward to the game.

He is a g1mp. Some player, but a g1mp.

Minder

I remember playing a game in Loughguile a few years ago and he wasnt playing for whatever reason, we went into their bar for sandwiches after it and quite a few people were standing at the bar. This was about 2.00pm on a Sunday, Master Watson was hardly fit to stand up drinking vodka and red bull pushing people out of the way that were queueing up for a drink. If somebody lifted him and f*cked him out the window onto the pitch they would have been within their rights.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

But minder he's still a good hurler....................