Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

I have to say was impressed with Dunloy in the final on saturday evening.

Even they're smaller lighter players were making big tackles and turning their loughgiel opponents.

What is the loughgiel perspective on the game I would have thought that they were extremely disappointed that they couldnt get passed a dunloy team blighted with injuries?

Last Man

The Dunloy defense was immense, real bodies on the line stuff. The younger lads really showed their mettle particularly young McKeague. The shams were far from cute the way they used their extra man. I know Paddy doc ripped it up in the 1st half but it was clear early on in the 2nd that he wouldn't need marshalled so well. The extra man in attack would have made more gains IMO. But you have to get it all right on the night, even after losing a man Dunloy looked better drilled and more confident.

theskull1

Quote from: Shamrock on May 02, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
So im just going to mention Ding - to me hes a tough lad, who plays hard and tough. He takes his slaps and gives them out. But isnt a mouth.

Well I would say
He gives out slaps and as a result gets a few back from people who would have otherwise have played hurling. You're almost implying that this is OK because he isn't a mouth. Ding is not a bad fellow just like McFall off the pitch, but we're not talking about that
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Ding is a indicator of what is wrong with the loughgiel club at present. He has had so many roastings in the past and yet he is kept on their team because he is percieved to be a hard man.

I think the lessons are not being learned in loughgiel from the experiences in recent championship.
But that is up to them only an observation from an outsider!

Shamrock

Lads - give me any championship match over the past 2 years where Ding has got a roasting?? I cant think of any. In my opinion he rarely lets the team down in big matches. But what would i know, you dunloy lads are the experts :-[

very disappointing on saturday night. Some of our so called hot prospects didnt deliver. Dunloy were the better drilled team, and fully deserved there win. Were at a serious cross roads as a club. I hope that we can get ourselves sorted and try to get over the finish line. I firmly believe were not far away........

NAG

Shamrock

What do you see as the finish line?

I think it can be unhealthy for a club to focus solely on one goal and that is the way success or failure is measured.

Only one team can be champions in any given year, if loughgiel had put the correct structures in place to learn and develop on from the final defeats they would have already taken on board the lessons and been successful.

NAG

Just another question when im here.

Why is Sean Delargy still ccounty captain and are Dunloy not up in arms at not having one of their county boys as captain especially since this is their Centenary year?

sure this is a longstanding tradition as far as i can remember back

Minder

Good point NAG, i may have to bring it up on the official Antrim guestbook.......I can just see the reply from Johnny Ping - "mind your own f*cking business, its of no concern to you. We will always stand up to unsubstantiated internet rumour and innuendo and perhaps you should run along back to whatever internet gossip shop you usually post on"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

It has been tradition in Antrim but maybe S & W pick their own captain..remember Colm Duffin was their minor captain in their first year in charge of the minors...& Tir na Nog were definately not minor champions!!

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 07, 2008, 01:51:18 PM
It has been tradition in Antrim but maybe S & W pick their own captain..remember Colm Duffin was their minor captain in their first year in charge of the minors...& Tir na Nog were definately not minor champions!!

I dont think it has ever been tradition with the minors but it certainly has with the seniors.

NAG

Im nearly sure that it has been a set - in - stone kind of tradition for the antrim seniors

what does that say about the Dunloy players involved?

Two Hands FFS

Unless they werent sure who from Dunloy would be on the squad. Malachy Molloy had retired, there was some doubt over Paddy Richmond & it would be a bit much for Shorty to be made captain at such a young age. Again..i'm just guessing

Minder

NAG

Never was suggesting it was a hard and fast rule.

Tradition has sometimes been more important than rules anyway and I would hazard a guess that it is the first time this has happened in more than 25 years.

Something is wrong with this call.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: groundlie on May 08, 2008, 05:09:18 PM
Championship 15 in's and outs for our seniors/minors please boys and girls?

Antrim Minor Hurling Panel (Championship 08)

Training this Sunday 11th MAY 9.30am @ Ballymena Rugby Club, bus leaves Casement at 8.30am 

1       Selected        Adrian  Downey  St Johns       
2       Selected        Brendan Mc Givern       St Endas       
3       Selected        Mark Lynch      Lamh Dhearg   
4       Selected        Conor Mc Clelland       Gortnamona     
5       Selected        John Kerr       Rossa 
6       Selected        Stephen Shannon Rossa 
7       Selected        Mathew Devlin   Rossa 
8       Selected        Conor Rocks     Rossa 
9       Selected        Michael Armstrong       Rossa 
10      Selected        Christopher Mc Guinness Rossa 
11      Selected        Kevin Mc Donald Oisins
12      Selected        Arron Cosgrove  Oisins