Antrim Hurling Div 4A - 2008

Ballymena  2-12 v 3-13 St. Agnes
Lamh Dhearg 2 0-13 v 1-10 St. Galls 2
St. Teresas  3-25 v 2-5 Ardoyne

Antrim Hurling Div 4B - 2008

Larne  3-10 v 2-2 St. Brigids (B )
Sarsfields 2 2-9 v 4-10 Davitts

milltown row

St Johns look like staying up, looks like Glenariff and Ballycastle will be fighting it out for the dreaded drop.

we scraped past Cushendun up there on Sunday, think we were always in front but some soft goals in the second half brought Cushendun back into the game. not at game so cant give a better account of the game.

any othe reports out there.

we played Loughgiel at our pitch on Sat night. do they ever travel with a bad team? they came down to our pitch with nearly 30 players!!!!!!!!

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on April 28, 2008, 09:13:16 AM
St Johns look like staying up, looks like Glenariff and Ballycastle will be fighting it out for the dreaded drop.

we scraped past Cushendun up there on Sunday, think we were always in front but some soft goals in the second half brought Cushendun back into the game. not at game so cant give a better account of the game.

any othe reports out there.

we played Loughgiel at our pitch on Sat night. do they ever travel with a bad team? they came down to our pitch with nearly 30 players!!!!!!!!

They play each other in Ballycastle on Wednesday night, Glenariffe are shipping a lot of goals at the minute, mind you their first three matches have been Loughguile, Cushendall (UL) and Dunloy so it can only get easier.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

When Glenariff focus on the ball the are a handy enough side. Plenty of good stick men on display for youse yesterday Minder.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on April 28, 2008, 09:49:37 AM
When Glenariff focus on the ball the are a handy enough side. Plenty of good stick men on display for youse yesterday Minder.

Aye we have the forwards but we are putting square pegs into round holes a bit at the back, we have no FB. Gettens played there yesterday but is a halfback or midfielder. Dunloy always seemed to have things well in hand, big match against the Town on Wednesday night.

sail_in

massive result for Armoy (Armoy 1-16 V 2-10 Lamh Dhearg) - very surprised at that!

I'm also surprised at Rossa only drawing with St Paul's.

Ballycran seem to be setting out a stall and in light of the everyone's results in the first 2 games, I'd make them favourites to top the division.  Some teams are saying they're too good for that division - they seem to be setting about proving it!

We had a good win down in Carey and one of their goals came from a pretty bad defensive mistake so it should have been bigger!

Minder

I hear things were hot and heavy at the St Johns v Portaferry match, full scale riot and spectators involved. Its funny how these sort of incidents follow St Johns about........I hear it was dirty enough the whole way through then everyone dropped the sticks for a punch up, everyone except Mc Fall who stood back and drew off his mans head with his stick. It takes a big man to do that though........

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2008, 12:08:31 PM
I hear things were hot and heavy at the St Johns v Portaferry match, full scale riot and spectators involved. Its funny how these sort of incidents follow St Johns about........I hear it was dirty enough the whole way through then everyone dropped the sticks for a punch up, everyone except Mc Fall who stood back and drew off his mans head with his stick. It takes a big man to do that though........

It's true enough and the way you described it is roughly the same description I was given. I actually think it all kicked off just after the final whistle.

At the same time the bodies were giving our lads a lesson in point taking, especially winker, we could do nothing with him. A bit of soul searching to be done in galget land in the coming weeks.

milltown row

he's good when on the ball (winker) though i think he slightly over carries the ball in my opinion. he scored some good points way out on the wing against us on sat night.

themanwhowasntthere

Get the ould refereeing kit on, Milltown, & blow him up for it !!!

Tony Baloney

I hope the coward from the Johnnies had his name taken and gets put out for a long time. If he pulled round someones head with a stick on the street he's be arrested and charged.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on April 28, 2008, 12:08:31 PM

Assuming that this is true and he actually swung the stick deliberately with force across a mans head
Well, when it's a family tradition, you have to keep it going I suppose. History repeating itself. The lowest of the low

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Who got the line for the johnnies then?

themanwhowasntthere

Earlier quote : "I actually think it all kicked off just after the final whistle".