Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

johnneycool

I dont think it was by accident that your half back line was pulled out of place. Thats how all good teams get control of a game, open it up up front and therefore there is less room for the opposition forwards at the other end.

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: milltown row on April 21, 2008, 10:34:31 AM

Our management took off our best player for dissent after he received a yellow card for talking to the referee, would other management teams take off their best player in a crucial match? It’s not surprising that in the time he was off Rossa scored 2 - 6

who was your best player?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG on April 21, 2008, 10:54:24 AM
johnneycool

I dont think it was by accident that your half back line was pulled out of place. Thats how all good teams get control of a game, open it up up front and therefore there is less room for the opposition forwards at the other end.

I know, but our half back line get suckered into it every time. I'd like to see our halfbacks sit deeper and let our midfield and our own half forwards fill the space in there but we'd need to work harder at it on the training field..

NAG

Johnneycool

Its hard to do especially against a good team and players who know how to create that space.

theskull1

You'll know better than me about the influence of Aaron Dynes (has he ginger hair as well ;)) JC but I thought Gabriel Clarke looked a real class act at 6 yesterday for yourselves. Maybe got pulled out of position at times but on the ball he looks a fine hurler. Where does he normally play for youse?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

[/quote]

who was your best player?

[/quote]

Karl Stewart, won a lot of ball and was playing well

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on April 21, 2008, 01:33:28 PM
You'll know better than me about the influence of Aaron Dynes (has he ginger hair as well ;)) JC but I thought Gabriel Clarke looked a real class act at 6 yesterday for yourselves. Maybe got pulled out of position at times but on the ball he looks a fine hurler. Where does he normally play for youse?

Nah, Big Aaron has darkish hair and not a ging like me  ;)

Aaron is a big lad and very direct, a kinda no nonsense centre back. Good in the air and good striker of the ball. Gabs Clarke is a different type player alltogether, stylish, wristy hurler but not overly interested in the physical aspect of centre back play of stopping the runners coming through the middle. He was supposed to play midfield yesterday on Nancy but with Aaron having to leave right at the last minute, meant a reshuffle, robbing Peter to pay Paul a bit which didn't work for us on the night.

NAG

Noel Carabine RIP

True gentleman of our association, he will be sadly missed by the Rossa club and every club across the county.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family.

theskull1

Indeed, Noel was a great Rossa Gael. RIP

groundlie

Noel Carabine

Rest in Peace

Guillem2

RIP. He'll be sadly missed by all who knew him.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

Busy week ahead with hurling fixtures on the Sunday and the following wed night. stick your Ulster hurling league games in and i'm sure the injuries will pile up, no bar.

cant see us giving the competition (UHL) any real attempt this year, league points are far too important.

NAG

Milltown

As I have said in the past that once we got a correct structure for our league were the points actually meant something then the Ul would become obselite for the Antrim sides. These fixtures are no more than a nuisance now. Clubs involved in the U21 championship will now be two rounds behind in the UL and with important league fixtures on consecutive sundays cant see these getting played in any shape or form. Time to scrap it and cut the losses.

Last Man

Clubs obviously have to manage their resources and the all county league takes priority but the availability of mostly competive games in the UL surely must be an opportunity for reserve/fringe/U21/minors and ultimately strengthen the Senior squad later in the season when it may well count. I am pretty sure Dunloy used it to good effect last year. We'd better be carefull or decent hurlers will end up wasting their talents on the big ball. ;)

theskull1

Totally agree with you Last Man if the fixtures were arranged to allow such things to happen. This year is vastly different to last year. Now we have the UHL tripping over the top of U21 championship matches and ACHL matches. It was always going to be the one to fall off the to do list when the fixtures pressure "that paid administrators should have seen coming" came about.

Hopefully alot of clubs will rearrange these matches themselves whenever the ACHL fixtures dry up in June