Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on April 07, 2008, 01:40:02 PM
What did you make of the U21's Skull, must have been a turn up for the books there!

Mmmmmm. I dunno NAG. The simplistic view would have been as that they had hammered us last year in the final, the same would would happen yesterday. The reality IMO opinion was that Dunloy's performace was so bad last year in the final that the manner of their victory probably made Ballycastle look a much better side that day than they were (they are still a very good side btw). Last year we didn't compete. Yesterday we did, and put in a very good performance as a result. Ballycastle OTOH didn't look to as up for the game as Dunloy which was probably a hangover from last years final stroll against us. Somebody from McQ's can give us their perspective. The Dunloy lads can be very proud of the way they went about it yesterday, but I don't think anybody will be getting ahead of themselves just yet. Plenty of good sides at U21 level
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Skull would it have anything to do with your teams fitness/touch/striking being better due to the long season? i'd say Ballycastle have only started training serious lately

theskull1

Hard to separate specific factors milltown but I'm sure it was a factor alright for the players on the senior panel. In fairmess to Ballycastle, not having Neill McAuley would have been a massive blow to them as well

milltown row

we played Cushendall the other night in the under 21 championship, thought they would have given us a beating but had we have made changes early on and taken the scoreable frees we had it, the game would have been a lot closer.

granted Cushendall were without the services of McManus, but they still had a formidable team, while ours was made up with minors and some under21's. for the supporters who went they got to watch a good game of hurling and i was hearten by the effort and skill of the Naomh Gall team

youngfella

whats happened to Neill McAuley ? was Hippy play?

Thats a nice way for some of your younger lads to bounce back skull.
Pull hard and early

PlayWithTheWind

any word why lamb dhearg v st brendans was not played today?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

Anyone hear how St Marys got on today?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

As requested earlier...any word on why Lamh Dhearg didn't field against St brendans in the Under 21s?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2008, 02:08:28 PM
According to the county website, the CCC are investigating it.

Did the reply go something along the lines of "its none of your business and everyone has fulltime jobs to do but the CCC are investigating" ...................................................................

Minder

Aye and when they say "other websites" they really mean here, Chairman Mc Sparran does a lot of the admin work on the official site.

milltown row

We had he most bizarre game on Sat night in Ballycran, the game was to be an Ulster hurling game but was called off due the Down team playing Westmeath on the Sunday.

So we played them in a challenge game, we were struggling with players away at stags and weddings this weekend so it suited us. So players headed off to Ballycran and as it turned out some players did not way in leaving us with 13 players. We borrowed two players from them and as we had no keeper we asked for someone from Ballycran to do nets.

The game was level at half time and it was very competitive but 15 minutes into the second half the 'goal keeper' doing nets for us from Ballycran wanted to play out so he had a cunning plan, the next ball came in and he caught it, turned and scored a deliberate own goal!!!!!!! MENTAL, left the pitch shouting at his own bench. The game then descended into a farce after that. Poor sportsmanship by a club that you wouldn't normally associate with.

PlayWithTheWind

U21 fixtures just added on the county website

Dunloy  Rossa                       Dunloy 18/04/2008 18:45 TBC   
Loughgiel  Gaeil Chluana         Loughgiel Shamrocks 18/04/2008 18:45 TBC   
Cushendall  St. Teresas          Cushendall 18/04/2008 18:45 TBC   
Gort Na Mona  St. Brendans    Gort Na Mona 18/04/2008 18:45 TBC

looks like Lamb Dhearg and Sarsfields were given the boot

Glensman

Absolute joke from that Ballycran player (but hilarious). Its something you'd see when you were 12.

Excuse my ignorance but where is Gort Na Mona? Wouldn't mind having a look at their under 21 match on Thursday.

I am fed up getting annoyed at the replies on the Antrim site. Don't get me wrong, its great that they come back but alot of the time they needn't bother. Can imagine the Good Doctor sitting in the leather jacket and shades replying away to his hearts content. I'd say he would like to meet Skull!!

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2008, 02:21:42 PM
That's a typical one. Another is, "Go back to the other websites that you usually spout your nonsense on."
Poor aul Skull got an awful time off them.

Still trying to get over the trauma.  :'(

Quote from: Glensman on April 14, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
I'd say he would like to meet Skull!!
Sure he's hiding behind his computer like the rest of us "cowards" :)

PlayWithTheWind

turn off the motor way at Kennedy way
drive straight up Kennedy way, go through the roundabout and continue up the monagh bypass
when you get to the top of the monagh bypass, past the gypsie camp on the opposite side of the road you will see some flats
turn off right at the entrance to the flats and you cant miss it

taken from gort na mona's website:
http://www.gortnamonaclg.com/

Directions 
FROM M1.
Exit at Junction 2, Balmoral & follow signs for Outer Ring, Andersonstown via Kennedy way, Clubrooms & pitch are located at top of Monagh By-pass.

Google Earth web-link for Antrim clubs:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=779782&t=k&om=1 

hopefully that helps you