Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Young Fella.. Cushendall beat St Johns in 2005 minor final. Cushendall got a couple of late goals to win it. Did St Johns maybe play a final a couple of years before that??

Minder

I think they played in the 2004 final against Dunloy too,could be wrong
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

And beat them Handy as well. Although we had a very young side, St Johns were a really impressive side at that point. Must be a torture keeping boys hurling in the big smoke whenever they discover the battle of old english.

Interestingly, Dunloy got to the U21 final with that very same side last year. Tells it's own story there  :-\. Would love the city teams to start competing at Senior again. Have they no pride?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Yeah ....all fair points HS

So most of that minor team are still hurling?...there you go. I wouldn't have known that

Minder

I think its too simple and lazy an argument to make that just because a team in Belfast does not make the transition from under age to senior hurling. What about the strong under age teams in the last 20 years in Loughguile? Granted there seem to be more distractions in Belfast,especially well run soccer leagues. The demon drink culture is as prevalent in any North Antrim village as in West Belfast albeit on a smaller scale. Lads in any club find that with senior hurling mainly played on a Sunday that sitting in the house in a Saturday night and training three nights a week is not for them.

milltown row

to give hurling up for drinking and well run soccer leagues is mental and if they prefer that to playing hurling then they were never really committed, find it real strange that the Johnnies did not enter.

about the under 21 re fix, like all clubs the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing, under lights at Casement, Jody was asked if we could have burkey and cj and he thought about it then came back saying he wanted burkey but cj was not fit

Minder

I hear Woody and Sambo asked Liam Richmond up to the county panel but he declined,it all sounds a bit desperate. Rumour that  Cloot has been offered the full forward spot if he wants it are unfounded though. . . . . .

clootfromthe21

Anyone know how St Mary's CBGS got on this afternoon in Dublin?

Rasmatazz:)

North antrim belivers .I posted  a post a few weeks ago & few off u guys wern't happy with it , coming back with all sorts of insults ,(the north antrim way )
now reading some of the more upto date one's how fast u guys can change ur tune ,lets be honest some county u21 teams could win the welsh cup, Now look at the county team now ,running about looking for players , a few wishper's floating about saying this guy should play here ,see what happens to teams when they win somthing ,when antrim win they think that it weve done our job but when killkenny lose or tip they come back a lot stronger ,Big diffrence All u do is moan ,moan moan moan ,listen to what muck u guys can go on about .no names (skull, minder ) 2 sound like bum chums u ask me .The country boys think it's their god given right to tell everybody how to play .Lads what u need up their in redneck land is some loving .
Keep the love flowing The Rassssssssssssssssss :-*

imtommygunn

Another invaluable contribution there ras.

What were st marys playing in? Was that the all ireland b hurling? If so that's a good win but I'm not sure of what that was in.

Minder

All Ireland B Semi Final......

theskull1

I've worked out why my head hurts. I tried over and over again to understand wtf Ras was talking about. Obviously haven't got intellect to stay with such a bright young mind.  :-\

Going for a lie down

Rasmatazz:)

Trust the Skull & the minder to back each other up  :oTold u them guys were Bum Chums .Have a  :-*on me boys ;D

NAG

What did you make of the U21's Skull, must have been a turn up for the books there!

PlayWithTheWind

Dunloy  2-17 1-7 Ballycastle

Loughgiel  - - Sarsfields 

looks like a poor show from last years champions?

why was the second game not played?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!