Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

I don't think the 4 Down teams are invited to these meetings. I wonder how Ballycran feel about it?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

slow corner back

Cheer up Milltown and least you will get a wee run up to Armoy again!! After playing Conaghy last week that Div 2 looks easy,lol.

Aristotle Flynn

Dunloy - I thought you changed your name to Max Power? Have you changed back?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

johnneycool

Quote from: R Eimeid on February 01, 2008, 11:08:04 AM
Milltown, I respect your opinion on the leagues and agree with a lot of what you have said. There was no ideal solution and I already explained our position.  I ackoweledge the defeciencies in Div 2 but that will sort itself out in one year.

What I don;t agree with is the fact that your previous post made represenations (the points I put in bold) about how my club, Cushendun, had conducted itself at the meeting on wednesday which were blatently incorrect and misleading.  I was my club delegate on wednesday night so thats why I tried to set the record straight.  I take issue at being misrepresented.

Thats nothing to do with paranoia, thats setting the record straight for the benefit of others who read this site.

Is that you bubbles?

Also I think Guillem touched on it but none of the Down clubs have any say which is fair enough, when in Rome and all that, but it used to be the case that we did, back in the 80's methinks it was ended.
Just glad to get some decent club hurling

sail_in

Does anyone have any idea when the fixtures for the new leagues would be available?

milltown row

will be a few weeks yet, the CCC in their wisdom had made a fixture list around their proposal and it was changed, so fixtures and even leagues have changed.

R Eimeid

Quote from: johnneycool on February 04, 2008, 05:49:43 PM
Milltown, I respect your opinion on the leagues and agree with a lot of what you have said. There was no ideal solution and I already explained our position.  I ackoweledge the defeciencies in Div 2 but that will sort itself out in one year.

What I don;t agree with is the fact that your previous post made represenations (the points I put in bold) about how my club, Cushendun, had conducted itself at the meeting on wednesday which were blatently incorrect and misleading.  I was my club delegate on wednesday night so thats why I tried to set the record straight.  I take issue at being misrepresented.

Thats nothing to do with paranoia, thats setting the record straight for the benefit of others who read this site.

Is that you bubbles?

Also I think Guillem touched on it but none of the Down clubs have any say which is fair enough, when in Rome and all that, but it used to be the case that we did, back in the 80's methinks it was ended.
Just glad to get some decent club hurling

Indeed JC, it is I.  I only logged on to set the record straight as some of the stuff being said about my beloved club was just not correct.  Honest as the day is long. I see the other party has yet to acknowledge that fact- just headed on another rant.

you are right, the ard teams prob should have had a say; not that it would have made any difference this time around.  sure at least the galgets are all right.

milltown row

now that you've started R Eimeid, you'll be on all the time.

i haven't started another rant, i just answered the question.

if your club was dropped into the 3 div after winning the intermedate last year you would certainly be complaining. what other sporting leagues would have 5 teams relegated? your proposal was the one of the better ones, along with Lamhs, with 1a and 1b and top four from each group going into the top flight.

i take it Cushendun will be going for the senior hurling championship seeing they won last years inter. championship?

R Eimeid

Quote from: milltown row on February 07, 2008, 01:20:06 PM
now that you've started R Eimeid, you'll be on all the time.

I hope not Milltown, but it is addictive

i haven't started another rant, i just answered the question.

I don;t see any question in my post above? My comment to JC was that you have yet to acknowlegde that some of the points/accusations you made in your original post about Cushenduns conduct at the meeting were blatantly false. (those remarks about withdrawing our proposals, railroading another etc)
Maybe you will do so at some stage

if your club was dropped into the 3 div after winning the intermedate last year you would certainly be complaining. what other sporting leagues would have 5 teams relegated? your proposal was the one of the better ones, along with Lamhs, with 1a and 1b and top four from each group going into the top flight.

i take it Cushendun will be going for the senior hurling championship seeing they won last years inter. championship?

Agree on that one Milltown.  I was very opposed to any proposal that would have seen us in Div 3 and was quite vocal about that.   And yes, our proposal was one of the better ones but not one single club spoke in support of it at convention in Dec.  We will be putting it forward again next year by the way.

we won;t be entering the SHC, sure we are in a rebuilding phase and even if we weren;t we couldn;t compete at SHC.  We are a IHC club so would prefer to play there.   

We had our day at the SHC/Div 1 for over 10 years but fell short.

Minder

thats more like it from Antrim . . . . . Going by how wexford played today i think that was our best / only chance to pick up points
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

Can't see it; but if Cork are out they should ue the league to build for the championship.

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 10, 2008, 09:18:04 PM
Can't see it; but if Cork are out they should ue the league to build for the championship.

As far as i know the Cork hurlers are still training away so we will not even be able to catch them on the hop. Maybe we will see the Walsh Cup for what it was, useful match practice, nothing more.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

Surely if Cork do not field for next sunday they are out of the league all together. That means that there will be no reduction in Div 1 for next year and Frank Murphy will pull a stroke so there is no promotion/relegation from Div1/Div2. I cant see Frank, Sean Og and the rock licking the lips at a trip to killeavy next March in preparation for a munster championship!!! Didnt Offally pul a stunt this year when they were due to be relegated and make sure it did not happen? Its about the only scenario I can see where Antrim will stay up. Even we were to beat Wexford next Sunday if Cork start to play we are not getting anymore points so If Wexford and the Dubs can pick up a point or two anywhere we wil finish bottom and if that happens rest assured there will be relegation.

milltown row

Was at the game yesterday expecting a good tough challenge from Dublin but thought we would still come away with a 1\2 point win.

Dublin played high tempo hurling right from the start and we were chasing the game from the start. The Dublin team looked physical bigger and faster to the ball than us. They were reacting quicker to the breaking ball and took theirs scores well.  We had four or so players doing well. Mc Manus,    McKeeagan, our goal keeper was outstanding catching some ball under pressure and saved a point blank shot, top notch. Cairan Herron played well in the first half but was taken off, not sure why. The rest were anonymous. Watson took what scores were available but below par for his standards, Michael Magill wins a lot of ball but wants to run with the ball every time, this is probably down to being his clubs best player and chipping in for most of their good play.

Gaffin and Delargy were cleaned out a few times, by Dublins best players, Karl Stewart didn't have a good game either. Looking at the sub bench I can sympathise  with the management, there was not much on the bench to pick from. And I think young Donnelly in full forward is not working, he caught two balls and fumbled them once he got them. Maybe Dublin will do a lot better in the league,

I just thought we looked a bit flat footed and second to a lot of ball. On another note at half time the pitch (which was in terrible condition) was filled with kids old men and subs knocking the ball about, have not seen that in years, brilliant.

theskull1

Don't believe the daily columns of newprint heralding new times ahead for Antrim on the back of the Walsh Cup performances was good preparation for Antrim. There is no new dawn (yet).  Steady progress year on year will be the only way and players heads should not be filled with sweetie mice after a decent 2-3 week spell, which they have been. Back to earth with a bump I'm afraid. Keep at it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera