Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podge

Quote from: milltown row on January 31, 2008, 08:58:57 AM
i'm annoyed at not being dropped down into div 2 but the fact now that they accomodated the div 2 teams. and the reason for this is what? what will rasharkin get out of being tanked by us rossa ballycran and lamhs?

this is a cop out by the county aontroim, have you got the inside track on this (think you do) i'm sure the 5 teams going down did not vote on this proposal. will it be two down two up from now on, or will they again chage it willy nilly when someone kicks up a stink

there you have it milltown.  maybe my thoughts on giving teams a chance to play for place weren;t so bad after all. 

I agree that there will be some tankings in div 2 this year which is not good.  It is only for one year however as I believe it will be split in to 2 divisions next year.  it should make for an interesting battle in the middle of div 2 this year. 

any of the other options could have had the same outcome in their div 3 with teams being handed out tankings.

I still go back to my original stance- we need structures agreed in advance to stop clubs voting along the party line

aontroim abu

Milltown,
sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look at the county website, go to last years tables in the results section, and you will see that St Galls finished in 9th position , therefore now in Div 2 next year.
THis will give the format as:

DIV 1
Loughiel, Dunloy, Portaferry, Cushendall, Ballygalget, Ballycastle, Glenariffe & St Johns

DIV 2
St Galls, Ballycran, Rossa, Lamh Dhearg, Sarsfields, Glenarm, GNM, Clooney, Glenravel, Carey, Tir na nOg, Cuhendun, St Pauls, Rasharkin, Armoy

DIV 3
CLoughmills, St Theresas, St Endas, St Agnes, Ballymena, Ardoyne, Davitts

DIV 4
Bresagh, O Mitchel Og, Larne, St Pauls 2, Sarsfields 2, Creggan, Na Fuiseoige

Seems there will be a few miss-matches in Div 2

Glensman

As far as I understand it there is no division 4??

Aontroim abu - Cloughmills in that Div 2 (16 teams) and then a Div 3 of the rest.

Am I right in this thinking?

maxpower

Is this the finailised table, certainly div1 will be alot of competitive matches over a two way league.  Could be right scoreline between Ballycran and Rasharkin, difficult job for the CCC because the first3/4 teams in Div2 look too strong for that div, yet if your going to an 8 team div1 then its hard to see who they should replace.

Ballycrans performances in the Down and Ulster championship would suggest they should be a division 1 team but there league form was dire.

Also agree that these changes should have been proposed last year to be accepted this.  Its is unfair on the teams who thought they were safe and the teams who thoughtthey were promoted.
What happens next????

milltown row

aontroim abu, as you know my bubble has been burst for years regarding our beloved county, i knew last week that they would pursue the 8team div 1 and due to scores against we would be dropped to the div 2 league, though not happy i said nothing. but like a masterstroke the made the div 2 into a farce. ourselves against rasharkin will be a farce or second team duffed these teams years ago. while gaining propmotion from div 4 to div 2 the league that we know find our senior team in.

id have settled for the 8 team div 2 league two way system, and two up two down, but effectively we will be in div 2 for two years.

and they come out with a get out clause by saying it could all change again next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are not from this planet. so wher does are reserve players go what league will they be part of? this is how clubs lose players by taking away the games that they want to play.

podge

Aontroim Abuu, those leagues you posted are garbage.  cmills are in Div 2 and no Div 4.

if it wasn;t so serious it would be amusing to look at how milltown has changed his tune in a few days.  You genuinely do have my sympathy.  there was no solution that was going to meet with approval of all clubs.  the only answer was the one that I had advocated by I won;t get all righteous about...

Quote from: milltown row on January 31, 2008, 12:36:24 PM

id have settled for the 8 team div 2 league two way system, and two up two down, but effectively we will be in div 2 for two years.

if you were happy with 8 team leagues, I think the liklihoodw as that you were going to be in Div 2 for 2 years anyway.  the fact that there are 16 teams in Div 2 doesn;t change the fact that you would be competing with the same top 4 for promotion.

I would have thought your reserve team could compete in Div 3 or possibly in the reserve league although that could be logistically difficult

remember it was the clubs that agreed this- not the county board, not the CCC- every club had a vote and whether we like or not, thats the democracy we live in.

Time to get on with it now.

aontroim abu

Podge get off your high horse - i done this in about 30 seconds. For what its worth you are right Cloughmills should be in Div 2.
Have you not read the proposal properly?  this league will split next year into 2 sections of 8 teams. Doing it this way will give teams enough warning and a fairer chance to sort themselves out this year and to try and get themselves into the division they feel they can compete next year.

milltown row

podge at no point in my post did i not think that we would be div one, i knew of a ballycastle proposal last week that would be past. this is the one that the NORTH ANTRIM AND A LONG WITH THE SOUTH WEST CLUBS VOTED FOR.  I SAID LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

we, belfast clubs were shafted by Ballycastle who proposed this proposal last wed, no clubs got to discuss it until last night. Cushendall second it along with Dunloy.

the CCC's proposal was defeated along with Lamhs, Cushendun dropped theirs in favour of Ballycastles as this would leave them in div 2. big surprise there then!!!!!!!

then they had the cheek to railroad another proposal of not changing it for 5 years. HA

another thing that they have changed from the original drafts was two up two down from the leagues. this again means that the top clubs just need to beat the team that is coming up. no real problem in that. but if they had to fight it out with another top flight team then it wil be a lot harder.

seems the north south divide will continue for another while. how will this ever change?

aontroim

Quote from: milltown row on January 31, 2008, 08:58:57 AM
this is a cop out by the county aontroim, have you got the inside track on this (think you do) i'm sure the 5 teams going down did not vote on this proposal. will it be two down two up from now on, or will they again chage it willy nilly when someone kicks up a stink

milltown - definitely no inside track - not even on the same continent at the minute - didn't hear about B'castle proposal til i read it on the website this morning.  Agree it is going to be a tough league for last years div 2 sides with 5 Div 1 sides dropping down - can see 4 of them taking top 4 spots.

R Eimeid

Quote from: milltown row on January 31, 2008, 01:46:15 PM
podge at no point in my post did i not think that we would be div one, i knew of a ballycastle proposal last week that would be past. this is the one that the NORTH ANTRIM AND A LONG WITH THE SOUTH WEST CLUBS VOTED FOR.  I SAID LIVE WITH IT!!!!!

we, belfast clubs were shafted by Ballycastle who proposed this proposal last wed, no clubs got to discuss it until last night. Cushendall second it along with Dunloy.

the CCC's proposal was defeated along with Lamhs, Cushendun dropped theirs in favour of Ballycastles as this would leave them in div 2. big surprise there then!!!!!!!

then they had the cheek to railroad another proposal of not changing it for 5 years. HA

another thing that they have changed from the original drafts was two up two down from the leagues. this again means that the top clubs just need to beat the team that is coming up. no real problem in that. but if they had to fight it out with another top flight team then it wil be a lot harder.

seems the north south divide will continue for another while. how will this ever change?

Milltown Row/Hurler/Naomh Gall (whatever pseudoname you are currently under), if you are proporting to report the facts of the event, I would respectively suggest you do so in an accurate manner and do not try to muddy the name of my club in the process.

'Cushendun dropped their proposal in favour of Ballycastles as this would leave them in div 2. big surprise there then!!!!!!!'

Cushenduns proposal was not withdrawn last night- it was voted on and dismissed.

I will also point out that that when the new options were finalised, the CCC's was 10 teams in Div 1 and Div 2.  There was little or no support for L Deargs proposal so we would have been in Div 2 regardless of what we voted for- so we did not 'vote for Ballycastles as this would leave us in Div 2'.  The CCC's option would have suited us fine after our own option was dismissed.

I don;t need to explain our clubs choice to you or others but for the record we voted for B'castles for a number of reasons such as the proven inability in the recent past to complete 18 games per season, the fact that St Pauls ( a Belfast club) did not deserve to go to the new Div 3, that Clougmills deserved their promotion etc.

You have pointed out some obvious weaknesses in this years Div 2 , many of which I agree with, but that will correct itself in a year.  We may well be in Div 3 next year and I will have no complaint about that as the marker has been set down (subject to next years circus)

'then they had the cheek to railroad another proposal of not changing it for 5 years. HA '

I for one do not recall any proposal to not change for 5 years (which would have been meaningless anyway as we have found out) and Cushendun most certainly did not 'railroad' it.

I am not about to enter into a pointless debate with you on this site of any other but I would ask you to show my club the respect it deserves by refraining from posting false allegations on this or any other site.

milltown row

R Eimeid your paranoia knows no bounds, whether you want to debate about this or not is irreverent to me, I've also read your proposal, if the county went for an 8 team div 1 league why did they not go for a 8 team div two league?

Was it because they felt it was unfair on the div 2 teams to be dropped to div 3?  If that was the case then why drop any teams this year and set out the stall that the it would be an 8 team league next year, everybody starts off knowing what they had to do. County line was simple all year one up one down (my preferred choice was 10 team league two way, with two up two down) but the merry go round that is the county set up (that's this crazy proposals, amendments, confusion every year) leaves the county wide open for critism by it's members, me you and the rest who have a vested interest in the county and clubs of choice?

I myself fill many roles with club and county so can have my say whether you think I'm wrong or not. The bold writing won't make me believe it any more. Had Ballycastle been outside of the bottom 8 then they would have called for something else.

The disaster that will happen this year in the conjested div 2 16 team league will be that teams will get hammered by the bigger teams. You have senior teams one of which won the senior championship 4 years ago playing teams that couldn't even compete in the Junior Championship. This will do no good to the clubs on the end of this hammering.

To drop 5 senior teams down to div 2 was radical, to keep junior teams in div 2 with senior teams is plain crazy. This does not effect the teams that proposed this, but everyone signed up to it.

R Eimeid

Milltown, I respect your opinion on the leagues and agree with a lot of what you have said. There was no ideal solution and I already explained our position.  I ackoweledge the defeciencies in Div 2 but that will sort itself out in one year.

What I don;t agree with is the fact that your previous post made represenations (the points I put in bold) about how my club, Cushendun, had conducted itself at the meeting on wednesday which were blatently incorrect and misleading.  I was my club delegate on wednesday night so thats why I tried to set the record straight.  I take issue at being misrepresented.

Thats nothing to do with paranoia, thats setting the record straight for the benefit of others who read this site.

Minder

Antrim 6/4 Biffos 4/6. Odds by Eastwoods
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

hows the team looking Dunloy? have they had any practice games? any olud injuries?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

i think the clubs like ourselves and Ballycran were misrepresented, as i've said here i've no real issue with being dropped down, we didn't score enough.

the problem i  have is the constant proposals amendments that were put in. there should be a time set for proposals like in a annual meeting. these are then given air time. discussed and voted on. not sent away and another one brought in, and hey presto thats the one we end up taken.

it does not even effect the club that proposed it. i think there was four from the clubs on offer, eire og, lamhs, cushenduns and gorts, and then the CCC had a proposal.

if things were set in stone and everybody was clear on what the procedures were then there would be less crap talked about on this site.

your right Dunloy and you maybe were given a tough time over the minor football debacle. this will certainly make our lads a bit more focused on the job in hand, promotion and a championship run. i'm done now with the rant