Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 17, 2022, 12:04:25 PM
Delighted with a win yesterday and better prep for ulster than the open games we've been getting including last years final. Cushendall are the ultimate grinders and brought their A game yesterday. Our lads stuck to the plan and just better shooting got us over the line. We have a few weeks now to get a bit more  out of the players which is going to needed for Ulster.

As you said there is time to get more out of the lads, felt some lads only played in fits and starts, if they all click in that forward line then it will really test a very good S'niel team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Really enjoyed the match yesterday, Cushendall gave it a real go although Dunloy looked the better team for the last 45 minutes. I thought the Dunloy half back line were excellent and really got on top and turned over a lot of ball. Cushendall never really got to work the ball through the lines around midfield which they are normally excellent at.
Having said that Cushendall shot some vital wides in the last 10 minutes and possibly went for goals when easy points were available particularly when they were 2 points down in the 59th minute. Ignored an easy point and tried to work the goal which was well stopped on the line and then Dunloy went straight down and scored at the other end.
An excellent game overall but Dunloys stronger bench made a difference as the second half wore on.
Congratulations to Dunloy and good luck for the rest of the season.

imtommygunn

I thought Kevin Molloy was MOTM. Cushendll played it into his hands regularly and he used it well.

Would agree with your analyssi there keep her low.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 17, 2022, 02:08:15 PM
I thought Kevin Molloy was MOTM. Cushendll played it into his hands regularly and he used it well.

Would agree with your analyssi there keep her low.

Kevin was the spare man so he made sure that he was on the ball a lot across his 45, and no better man to have as a spare man in fairness. Him or shorty working that space will use the ball wisely

For me Neil was man of the match, he was in corner forward midfield and fullback, he got through a ton of work, his stats would be interesting to read.

The ball fell unfortunately to the wrong Cushendall players for those 'handy' shots, not sure how injured Magill was but would have him on earlier (if fit) as he would have taken those scores
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Highland Paddy

When do Dunloy play in the Ulster hurling? Is it Slaughtneil once again they face?

imtommygunn

Slaughtneil play Portaferry. I think Dunloy are straight into the final? Not sure on date.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 28, 2022, 07:17:08 AM
Slaughtneil play Portaferry. I think Dunloy are straight into the final? Not sure on date.

Portaferry play Slaughtneil on the 20th of November in Corrigan, so I'd expect the final to be played two weeks later..

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 05, 2022, 12:24:04 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on October 27, 2022, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on October 27, 2022, 09:17:19 PM
Devenish All Stars team named tonight. Well done everyone.

https://twitter.com/AontroimGAA/status/1585715477145346049?t=FbRe7Yp2Vpkwcpj7QbjHIA&s=19

Harmless stuff but what a farce it is lol
. Agreed!Pure dung

Jeezz it's a bitta craic, the players are getting a bitta recognition, irrespective of how players are picked and the format. The All stars at inter county have been going for decades, I'm sure we ain't unique in having a end of year gala night.

It changed this year and will probably change a bit next year

Your 15 will be totally different to the next person

SaffronSports

Good start to their Ulster campaign for Glenarm today. 24 point winners over Carrickmacross down in Inniskeen. I believe it's Sean Treacys up next in the semis.

SaffronSports

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 06, 2022, 06:17:13 PM
Good start to their Ulster campaign for Glenarm today. 24 point winners over Carrickmacross down in Inniskeen. I believe it's Sean Treacys up next in the semis.

Another Ulster win today for Glenarm. Great to see it. They now play Setanta from Donegal in two weeks time in the Ulster final.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: SaffronSports on November 12, 2022, 10:28:26 PM

Another Ulster win today for Glenarm. Great to see it. They now play Setanta from Donegal in two weeks time in the Ulster final.

Good luck ,we lost to Setanta today

Saffrongael

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 12, 2022, 10:38:17 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on November 12, 2022, 10:28:26 PM

Good luck ,we lost to Setanta today

Think Setanta will be too strong
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come