Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 15, 2022, 06:55:15 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 15, 2022, 06:39:53 PM
Not much social media coverage of the finals today or football last night, called it out before the PRO is only interested when Belfast teams are involved, go past the Applegreen and he doesn't want to know

Seen some stuff there on Antrim FB and the games were stream to..

Back in my day you'd be lucky to get results in the Irish news never mind streamed live coverage..

Free the Saffron Voice 2....one of  those two lads should stand for PRO at County Convention.

Would ye whist

Cost of living for some people MR2, you would usually put up to be a man of the people but it seems your not the puppet on here for the county board

A this isn't back in your day, this is today

quote author=Milltown Row2 link=topic=1347.msg2155441#msg2155441 date=1665856515]
Quote from: Would ye whist on October 15, 2022, 06:39:53 PM
Not much social media coverage of the finals today or football last night, called it out before the PRO is only interested when Belfast teams are involved, go past the Applegreen and he doesn't want to know

Seen some stuff there on Antrim FB and the games were stream to..

Back in my day you'd be lucky to get results in the Irish news never mind streamed live coverage..
[/quote]

Saffrongael

Dunloy got there in the end hit a massive challenge from Cushendall, as we expected but they just didn't have the scoring power to get over the line. Dunloy stuck to their guns but they would need to improve for Ulster, they probably will. Two very poor goals Dunloy conceded
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Really good game for the neutral, Dall off to a flyer with that flukey goal after a minute, points trading through to half time and the lead changed a few times, Cushendall didn't allow Dunloy to have much freedom and scores were hard earned..

Dunloy eventually broke to score a goal and put a better gloss on things, 6 point win but wasn't that much overall l
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Upandover

Dunloy rode their luck at the end, 3 points up and 2 super clearances off the line, head up the parl and scored a goal themselves.

Far too many wides from cushendall.

Saffrongael

Quietest I can remember a board after an Antrim final 🫤
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

paddyjohn

Dunloy proved why they are such good champions, no panic and stuck to the game plan. Cushendall can feel they let that one go. Load of wides when it mattered. They'll be back no doubt.

imtommygunn

It was a very good game.  Cushendall really put it up to Dunloy and had their tactics spot on. Dunloy had spare men at the back and Kevin Molloy used the ball very well to set up attacks. It wasn't really a six point game as cushendall should have took a few points late on and made it tighter but you always felt Dunloy had enough.

Milltown Row2

One of the better finals, in the melting pot for a good while, enjoyed it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

A word for Kevin Parke also, let it go and wasn't the centre of attention.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 16, 2022, 09:34:22 PM

The boys wanted to hurl...

Massive difference with football and hurling

Both junior and intermediate went off with no hassle either

Sleeping giant

Was a great final for the neutral,Cdall management team got tactics bang on and probably got the most they could have out of the team,ultimately dunloy came by scores easier.Don't think Dunloy got near Cdall goal other than at the end when Cdall had went for broke. I don't see yesterday's performance bothering Slaughneil tbh, will take a whole lot more from a dunloy.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

I honestly thought he was just ok,a lot of the time these things even themselves out, massive penalty shout against young lad with yellow helmet in first half missed, dragged down inside by his helmet, KP right there and waved play on!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 17, 2022, 08:40:08 AM
I honestly thought he was just ok,a lot of the time these things even themselves out, massive penalty shout against young lad with yellow helmet in first half missed, dragged down inside by his helmet, KP right there and waved play on!

A good indicator of a ref would be how the crowd react, I was with the managers father who bleeds marron/white there was no real issues with how Kevin ref'd. and trust me he'd let me know in a heart beat..

I think there was a helmet pull by a Dall player in the middle of the pitch but in fairness the players didnt complain that much.. Managers will also question the calls, that won't change..

By in large it was hassle free, from where I was standing

north_antrim_hound

Delighted with a win yesterday and better prep for ulster than the open games we've been getting including last years final. Cushendall are the ultimate grinders and brought their A game yesterday. Our lads stuck to the plan and just better shooting got us over the line. We have a few weeks now to get a bit more  out of the players which is going to needed for Ulster.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets