Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i expect us to get another tough game this weekend at St Johns. The groups so well balanced that any one of the teams will go through to the quarters/semi finals at the moment.

I was chatting to someone during the week and they said that they were shocked we hadn't strolled that group as they though Rossa and Ballycastle were so weak compared to us and St. Johns. I could do nothing but laugh at them for saying that. That was always the toughest group compared to the other one that was so lopsided.

Whoever does go through this group will have had 3 tough games under the belt and then either a quarter final and into the semi final. It will stand them to good steed going forward.
hurl like f**k boi!

marty34

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 21, 2020, 09:44:44 AM
i expect us to get another tough game this weekend at St Johns. The groups so well balanced that any one of the teams will go through to the quarters/semi finals at the moment.

I was chatting to someone during the week and they said that they were shocked we hadn't strolled that group as they though Rossa and Ballycastle were so weak compared to us and St. Johns. I could do nothing but laugh at them for saying that. That was always the toughest group compared to the other one that was so lopsided.

Whoever does go through this group will have had 3 tough games under the belt and then either a quarter final and into the semi final. It will stand them to good steed going forward.

Will all these games be now run off on a weekly basis DR?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Im not sure to be honest.

I was told the football semi finals are next Sunday for ourselves v Ballymena in the Intermediate championship tho there is nothing official up anywhere about it.

theres maybe a chance that the quarters will be a midweek game??
hurl like f**k boi!

ciaran1988

Quarter finals are down for Saturday 29th
Semi finals Sunday 6th and the finals Sunday 13th

CitySlicker11

Bathshack SHC quarter finals
Saturday 29th August
@naomheoinclg v @naomhgall
4pm venue @Paddies1906

@RossaGACBelfast v @RuairiOgCLG
4pm Venue @NaomhEannaCLG

NAG1

Weekend's result went pretty much as foreseen then.

Tough on St Johns going from 1st to third in the group, plus a few injuries going to make it even tougher.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2020, 12:20:06 PM

Tough on St Johns going from 1st to third in the group, plus a few injuries going to make it even tougher.

The Rossa and Ballycastle game was a toss up with the bookies it seemed.. big win for Rossa
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

St John's have a week off in the football and 6 days to get ready for a game which should see them getting by St Gall's with a bit to spare.

They are then back at the same stage as last year, to meet Loughgiel is it? Still think it may be Loughgiel's year.

imtommygunn

Very tough to get any guide of form this year I guess.

I streamed Dunloy St Johns. Dunloy to me very clear favourites now. That's definitely one of the fastest teams I have seen in antrim hurling. Seaan Elliot starting to make the cut at senior now too and is one of the fastest I have seen (not sure if the brother is faster). Ronan Molloy looks a good one too.

St Johns maybe will rue a bit too much messing about in defense at times but I think Dunloy were just that bit better.

Rossa might give cushendall their fill of it. If there are to be any upsets that will be it though McManus being back will make that less likely. I would say St Johns could maybe rattle Loughiel too. James McNaughton looks in great form though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 24, 2020, 12:31:48 PM
St John's have a week off in the football and 6 days to get ready for a game which should see them getting by St Gall's with a bit to spare.

They are then back at the same stage as last year, to meet Loughgiel is it? Still think it may be Loughgiel's year.

Was looking at our team for the game v Cushendall, short on a few players from the footbball side of things, maybe saving things for The Endas game to decide that group placings..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

* Assuming st johns beat st galls :D

Milltown Row2

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2020, 12:21:23 PM

The Rossa and Ballycastle game was a toss up with the bookies it seemed.. big win for Rossa

Had Rossa in my bet - easy money

north_antrim_hound

Rossa will have some sort of say in this championship before its over. Cracking team and we played well against them and could only muster a draw. Wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the final.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 24, 2020, 01:49:30 PM

Rossa will have some sort of say in this championship before its over. Cracking team and we played well against them and could only muster a draw. Wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the final.

Different animal outside of Rossa park, never seem to replicate their home form. Some nice young hurlers on the team for sure.