Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 18, 2020, 04:39:33 PM
And there goes the spectators in the 26 counties at sporting events.

sadly its only a matter of time before it happens here

Looking forward, it'll be the only way to run off the inter-county season.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont see that finishing either if im honest.

They ban people at sports events but are happy to allow them to cram into bars, large crowds working in a factory etc. Makes no bloody sense
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 18, 2020, 05:22:19 PM

They ban people at sports events but are happy to allow them to cram into bars, large crowds working in a factory etc. Makes no bloody sense

A typical ground can hold 200 without being a issue to social distancing! It's been shown in any of the games I've been to that there is plenty space! Some grounds can bring their cars in and watch from there if needs be!

Daft that we can't have this properly looked at and organised by each club
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

This new Taoiseach guy down south isn't good. Now do we want to be consistent with the 26 or not lol. I suspect we will have to be. At least johnnies Dunloy is streamed. Mr maybe if we take up reffing we'll see more lol.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2020, 06:11:53 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 18, 2020, 05:22:19 PM

A typical ground can hold 200 without being a issue to social distancing! It's been shown in any of the games I've been to that there is plenty space! Some grounds can bring their cars in and watch from there if needs be!

Daft that we can't have this properly looked at and organised by each club

Problem is, even with 200/400, everybody is all crammed in together in a line up against the wire.

People seem to think, well I paid in, I can go wherever I want.

Zero responsibilty.

ciaran1988

It's ridiculous that they come down on hard on sport Instead of tacking the main problems with this virus. They don't have a clue what they are doing. Maybe if all host clubs brought in a burger van and served everyone a £9 burger and chip deal with there match ticket everyone would be safe

johnnycool

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 19, 2020, 03:26:42 AM
It's ridiculous that they come down on hard on sport Instead of tacking the main problems with this virus. They don't have a clue what they are doing. Maybe if all host clubs brought in a burger van and served everyone a £9 burger and chip deal with there match ticket everyone would be safe

eat out to help out  ;D

what is happening in the south is on the face of it nuts as they're not even allowed to bring in the 400 we are (that's meant to include the teams, officials, stewards AFAIK) but you can sit in a pub for 95 minutes horsing the pints into you...

In Down we get 150 to distribute among our supporters all with QR codes and the CB scan everyone in at the gate for traceability. Anything not sold by the clubs are then sold on an app which gives you the QR code for scanning at the gate.

Working well so far.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Meanwhile in Ireland they allow the airports to bring people in from other countries unchecked, factories can have over 300 people in them with poor ventilation and no PPE, bars are allowed to be opened up and they are pushing schools to open again.

The solution, stop allowing 200 people to attend an open air sports event and esp the GAA an organisation that was ahead of the thinking compared to the Irish Govt. Micheál Martin showing hes as out of touch with reality of life in ireland as the previous idiot was.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on August 19, 2020, 09:22:52 AM

eat out to help out  ;D

what is happening in the south is on the face of it nuts as they're not even allowed to bring in the 400 we are (that's meant to include the teams, officials, stewards AFAIK) but you can sit in a pub for 95 minutes horsing the pints into you...

In Down we get 150 to distribute among our supporters all with QR codes and the CB scan everyone in at the gate for traceability. Anything not sold by the clubs are then sold on an app which gives you the QR code for scanning at the gate.

Working well so far.

Wow you guys have got your s..t together
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnnycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 19, 2020, 01:50:48 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 19, 2020, 09:22:52 AM

eat out to help out  ;D

Working well so far.

Wow you guys have got your s..t together

Every once in a while they do get something right, can't be lambasting them all the time.   ;D

imtommygunn

In the pictures of the first two cushendall games mcmanus is taking the toss for them. Why's he doing that if he's not even playing??

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2020, 03:33:27 PM
In the pictures of the first two cushendall games mcmanus is taking the toss for them. Why's he doing that if he's not even playing??

A good at tossing

imtommygunn

;D

Just seems a bit odd.

ciaran1988

How do we see this weekends games going. Couple of really good games to look forward too.

Ballycastle vs Rossa - think this game promises to be a humdinger with Rossa just edging it by a couple of points.

St Johns vs Dunloy - what a game this could be. Champions Dunloy need to win, St. John's have a quarter final spot sealed but will want a win to get semi final place and not have extra game to play. Both teams haven't really got going yet but have shown plenty of battling with late come backs in games. I think St Johns can shade this by a point but wouldn't be a surprise to see result go the other way.

St Endas vs Loughgiel - can't see anything other than a Loughgiel win, st Endas could keep it close if Loughgiel give lads a run out. Loughgiel by 5

Cushendall vs St Galls - think this game will be close enough for a long part with both taking the quarter final spots. Cushendall by 7

breakingball

plenty of interest this weekend again...

sarsfields v creggan
ballycastle v rossa
st johns v dunloy
gort v ahoghill
randalstown v cloughmills
lamh dhearg v st teresas

all needing points to get through bar st johns

cushendall v st galls
st endas v loughgiel
larne v st pauls
glenarm v davitts
aggies v cushendun