Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I am not sure hurling is the same as the football. I think with football you need to bulk buy but not with hurling. I know there were pay at the gate in junior at least. Also they were offering tickets for sale for Loughgiel Cushendall on the county web-site. Some others can probably tell you better as I haven't made a game yet but I think you'd get tickets easier for the hurling than the football.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 08:40:03 AM
I am not sure hurling is the same as the football. I think with football you need to bulk buy but not with hurling. I know there were pay at the gate in junior at least. Also they were offering tickets for sale for Loughgiel Cushendall on the county web-site. Some others can probably tell you better as I haven't made a game yet but I think you'd get tickets easier for the hurling than the football.

All tickets in my understanding should have been issued through the clubs only. There is supposed to be any money changing hands or walks ups getting in? this was part of the whole point of the ticketing system. No ticket no entry, seems to have become pretty lax in some places.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Clubs are accepting cash at the gates.

The ticketing seems to have been fully taken up by some clubs whilst others haven't sold their full allocation allowing for additional folk to come in on the day.

Loughgiel sold their tickets for 2 games and were going to have another raffle for the last game v St Endas. They were supposed to have the last game at home v St Endas but due to them breaking the rules by not selling them for all three games they have now lost the home fixture and will instead travel to Belfast this Sunday.

With the next phase of games now being at neutral venues id say that they will get much stricter with regards to the tickets
hurl like f**k boi!

marty34

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 18, 2020, 09:21:43 AM

The ticketing seems to have been fully taken up by some clubs whilst others haven't sold their full allocation allowing for additional folk to come in on the day.

Loughgiel sold their tickets for 2 games and were going to have another raffle for the last game v St Endas. They were supposed to have the last game at home v St Endas but due to them breaking the rules by not selling them for all three games they have now lost the home fixture and will instead travel to Belfast this Sunday.

With the next phase of games now being at neutral venues id say that they will get much stricter with regards to the tickets

I thought the ticket thing was;
1. To keep numbers at the correct level
2. To help track & trace if someone has Covid.

NAG1

Quote from: marty34 on August 18, 2020, 10:04:21 AM

I thought the ticket thing was;
1. To keep numbers at the correct level
2. To help track & trace if someone has Covid.

That's exactly what it was for but seems it doesnt apply to some people, same as the facing coverings in shops.

imtommygunn

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 07:58:32 AM
I would hope there are a lot more games streamed in the latter stages and also maybe one of the last group games but I guess not easy to sort out logistics.

St Johns Dunloy is being streamed. Great to hear.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 12:13:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 07:58:32 AM
I would hope there are a lot more games streamed in the latter stages and also maybe one of the last group games but I guess not easy to sort out logistics.

St Johns Dunloy is being streamed. Great to hear.

How much is that?

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel sold their tickets for 2 games and were going to have another raffle for the last game v St Endas. They were supposed to have the last game at home v St Endas but due to them breaking the rules by not selling them for all three games they have now lost the home fixture and will instead travel to Belfast the S/W this Sunday.

Fixed that, just in case Paddyjohn comes on ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

In the times we were in and still are this is nothing short of disgraceful.

imtommygunn

4 quid according to county facebook Marty.

NAG I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. If they were still controlling who was there and registering it etc then I don't think it's disgraceful at all. I think it's ridiculous you have to buy a ticket for all the group games. The logistics of it don't add up for me at all. You can track everyone on a game by game basis If the county then allow pay at the gate if you don't sell all your allowance then that goes against their own rules anyway.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2020, 02:02:51 PM
4 quid according to county facebook Marty.

NAG I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. If they were still controlling who was there and registering it etc then I don't think it's disgraceful at all. I think it's ridiculous you have to buy a ticket for all the group games. The logistics of it don't add up for me at all. You can track everyone on a game by game basis If the county then allow pay at the gate if you don't sell all your allowance then that goes against their own rules anyway.

The rules were in place, it was simple. the 3 group games HAD to be sold as a package. It was sure sell two and make some extra cash off the third.

The county should not be allowing pay at the gate under any circumstances. If they have been then questions need to be asked there as well.

ciaran1988

Sure clubs that have sold the tickets in a 3 block package have been on social media asking any of their fans who did buy the package but can't make the game to leave the tickets back to the club for them to sell to someone who can go instead. No different really to what Loughgiel done and where given more of their supporters a chance to get a ticket for a match

ciaran1988

Defeats the purpose of selling in 3 games block when someone can attend the first game but then gives the ticket back for the 2nd game for the club to sell to another person

Na Glinntí Glasa

The tickets that we were asking for on our own FB page was if anyone wasn't going they could post their name then individuals could sort it out themselves. no money ever was involved on our end for that. the 200 were all sold and what happens after that with them all is up to individuals. its impossible to control what people do with them after they are given them.

Clubs were selling additional tickets that others in their group didn't get sold themselves so there's no wrong doing either with that, but it is wrong that clubs were supposed to only be allowed 200 but now somehow have gotten more breaching the guidelines.

The rules arent being adhered to but if the games are at neutral venues and gate controlled like Casement was or Owenbeg is then no one will get in without a ticket. Its hard to stop people gaining access into club grounds.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

And there goes the spectators in the 26 counties at sporting events.

sadly its only a matter of time before it happens here
hurl like f**k boi!