Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Scoring frees and other frees would be different I suppose.

One extra scored free by Rossa on that count.

Sounded like a cracking game, it's always gutting to have victory snatched away, that's two weeks in a row for Rossa but they are still in contention with this group, as is the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

it just felt that during the game with the amount of frees that the scores came from it. My bad, i thought it was in double figures.

Id love to see our wide tally as well from the game. I thought we hit seriously bad wides in that time period, esp when we needed scores badly.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Thank God Rossa players kept lying down to try and kill the game and well done to the Ref adding it all on. Gave us enough time to draw it at the death.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

I'd imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, there would be some gurning on too much time being added on!

:)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

This has been an issue for a few years in our game in Antrim.

One club who will remain nameless seemed to introduce it but it has now made its way around a few teams. If a player is tackeled and goes down first thing happens is the helmet comes off and that forces the ref to stop the game. Have even seen phsyios or water carriers running in and pullig the helmet off players to get the game stopped.

Need a way to stamp this out. Timing is an issue so when you add this carry on in and a water break it makes it very difficult to keep track of.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2020, 10:33:03 AM
This has been an issue for a few years in our game in Antrim.

One club who will remain nameless seemed to introduce it but it has now made its way around a few teams. If a player is tackeled and goes down first thing happens is the helmet comes off and that forces the ref to stop the game. Have even seen phsyios or water carriers running in and pullig the helmet off players to get the game stopped.

Need a way to stamp this out. Timing is an issue so when you add this carry on in and a water break it makes it very difficult to keep track of.

Completely agree
That's two weeks in a row I have watched teams when leading Deploying this tactic. It's one of the things that ruined football. Also a lot more of drawing the foul going on to. What about if a player goes down for more than a minute he has to be replaced with sub. It makes it very hard for refs and a player who is actually hurt.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

The problem for a referee, he's generally not a doctor or in the position to make a medical assessment...

He's got responsibility to the players welfare during his game also, and it only takes one incident that the referee says 'carry on, nowt wrong with him' and it ends up the lad needed serious help that he refused..

Yes some players and management take the piss and stopping/breaking up play, and some referees that i know will only stop play for head injuries, that's fine and that is by the letter of the rules in fairness.

The only thing the referee can do is stop his watch, tell players or show the players the watch and let management know you've stopped the clock, it will be added on..

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 12:05:58 PM
The problem for a referee, he's generally not a doctor or in the position to make a medical assessment...

He's got responsibility to the players welfare during his game also, and it only takes one incident that the referee says 'carry on, nowt wrong with him' and it ends up the lad needed serious help that he refused..

Yes some players and management take the piss and stopping/breaking up play, and some referees that i know will only stop play for head injuries, that's fine and that is by the letter of the rules in fairness.

The only thing the referee can do is stop his watch, tell players or show the players the watch and let management know you've stopped the clock, it will be added on..

That is fair enough, but when the lad gets a belt on the ankle and the helmet is removed by a third party the ref could have some kind of warning?

Probably will end up at the stage rugby got too that the play continues while the player is treated. Until the play is endangering the injured party.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 17, 2020, 12:10:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 12:05:58 PM

That is fair enough, but when the lad gets a belt on the ankle and the helmet is removed by a third party the ref could have some kind of warning?

Probably will end up at the stage rugby got too that the play continues while the player is treated. Until the play is endangering the injured party.

I was involved in a game that went well over the extra time but I'd stopped the watch and told the lads and showed them what time we had left, I was still lambasted by their supporters, even though the whistle went exactly on the played time during that half

Na Glinntí Glasa

To be fair to Kevin he did show each time that the player went down needing treatment that he was stopping the clock.

Of course had it been us we would of done some moaning. but thats the joy of supporting your club. some day it goes for you some days it doesnt.
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Is it just me or is this years hurling championship look the closest in years. Great to see Rossa back in the upper echalons where they belong. Terrific dual club in my view, never much controversy around them. Plus...Antrim hurling needs the city to be strong.

imtommygunn

It was usually just the "big three" but it looks like a few others have stepped up now so looks very competitive. Good to see.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2020, 07:33:46 PM
It was usually just the "big three" but it looks like a few others have stepped up now so looks very competitive. Good to see.

Pity a few more can't see it though!!!!

imtommygunn

I would hope there are a lot more games streamed in the latter stages and also maybe one of the last group games but I guess not easy to sort out logistics.

CitySlicker11

What are the current arrangements with tickets, do you need to show up to the match and produce a pre printed ticket that displays the name of one of the teams that are playing that day? Are any clubs accepting cash on the gate?