Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2007, 08:36:53 AM
watched the game from the st pauls club rooms, well i was watching our footballers go down against St Pauls. the only two 'selectors' i seen on the line was Joe O'Neill and Jim Connolly, was it one of them?

oh and Shannon should have been sent off twice, the Loughgiel referee could have sent him off but being the last game maybe he couldn't be arsed

well it wasnt jim connolly!
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Baile an tuaigh

Was just wondering dose someone have, or know someone who has video footage of Antrim hurling games back as far as 86/87 to now. Currently trying to make you-tube video of Antrim hurling but badly need footage. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on November 13, 2007, 04:20:33 PM
Was just wondering dose someone have, or know someone who has video footage of Antrim hurling games back as far as 86/87 to now. Currently trying to make you-tube video of Antrim hurling but badly need footage. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Think that some initiatives to get as much old footage collected and digitised should done before the VHS tapes loose anymore of their quality. In Dunloy Baile an tuaigh our main source of video footage is Jarlath Cunning (son of Barney), I'm sure he'd be more than happy to provide you with some footage if you were after it. I'm sure he has stuff going back nearly 30 years.

BTW ...any word of you posting a few snaps this weather? Haven't seen anything from yourself in a long time.

johnneycool

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on November 13, 2007, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2007, 08:36:53 AM
watched the game from the st pauls club rooms, well i was watching our footballers go down against St Pauls. the only two 'selectors' i seen on the line was Joe O'Neill and Jim Connolly, was it one of them?

oh and Shannon should have been sent off twice, the Loughgiel referee could have sent him off but being the last game maybe he couldn't be arsed

well it wasnt jim connolly!

I've just heard the same, so any Sherlock Holmes' out there can work out the culprit.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: theskull1 on November 13, 2007, 04:32:14 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on November 13, 2007, 04:20:33 PM

Think that some initiatives to get as much old footage collected and digitised should done before the VHS tapes loose anymore of their quality. In Dunloy Baile an tuaigh our main source of video footage is Jarlath Cunning (son of Barney), I'm sure he'd be more than happy to provide you with some footage if you were after it. I'm sure he has stuff going back nearly 30 years.

BTW ...any word of you posting a few snaps this weather? Haven't seen anything from yourself in a long time.

Thanks for that information skull1. I know some of them Cunnings, my mother hails from Dunloy so I will have to get in contact with him. Hadn't access to a computer for a while because I moved house but should be back on the road again now. I posted some old pictures on Premierview so I will try and post the link for you. Thats if you havnt already seen them already.

Hope this link works. I have loads more just trying to relocate them. http://premierview.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=photo&action=display&thread=1174706965

Shamrock

I think we are going down a bad road lads when we start naming people in relation to incidents like that. Im not saying i dont agree with you all, but its not a fair avenue to use - with us really being anonymous posters.

Winker has indeed joined the panel - he is going to christmas and hopefully IF all goes well he will stay on. Neilly McGarry is another new comer onto the squad and eddie and johnny brings our tally up to four, which i think is a fair reflection. Johnny is going to have to get an operation on groin soon. Other than that i hear the training is very tough - strength and conditionin is the buzz word!! In other words a rigourous weights programme.

Will Dunloy start back shortly skull? What do you think your chances are?

Couldnt believe your footballers playing on our pitch :-[ :-[ Heard a few lads who took themselves out of the pub were hard to listen to from the crowd!!

What about next year lads? Cushendall - who will take your seniors?

I think Napper & Hooker want ours again. Probably will get it. But you never know with our club. i think that it wont matter cos its now down to the players to deliver.

Glensman

Shamrock it would be wonderful if names weren't mentioned on here and we were just talking about Antrim's tactics...whether to use the 2 man full forward line against Kilkenny in a semi final or such like but if we can't gossip about incidents etc then we'd be stuck for conversation!

Great to see Neil McGarry on there...consistent through the year.
Is Barney not on there? Harsh if he has been dropped - he did get taken to the cleaners by Ally Elliot in the county final (and if more ball had gone that way it would have been worse) but he still merits a place on the squad and if a yard of pace could be found from somewhere he'd be pushing to start (in my team anyway).

Would have loved to have been at Loughgeil if a couple of the old die hards had been driving past, not knowing the football was on, and taken a glance at the pitch on the way by...there would have been a few cars in the ditch with surprise!

Ruairi Og exile

Hopefully Winker stays on the county panel as we need him...bigtime although he's never really done it at county level yet. Heard Michael Magill is back on the panel..how many chances has be had now??

Shamrock - God knows who will take our managers job. Not of the 3 that were there this year are going back. The talent is defo there & it could be a dream job for someone...but then again players attiudes will have to change.

Baile na Tuaigh, Jimmy Quinn(Glens of Antrim videos) from Cushendall would possibly have alot of footage from around that era.

Baile an tuaigh

Dose anyone have a record of how Ulster clubs have performed in All-Ireland hurling semi-finals over the last fifteen years?

theskull1

This is what I can gather from the www.

1991: Glenmore 1-18 Dunloy 1-10
1992: Birr (Offaly) 2-9 Cushendall 1-6
1993: Cushendall lost to St Gabriels in the quarter final I believe
1994: Toomevara 1-13 Ballycran (Down) 1-5
1995: Athenry(Galway) 1-11 Dunloy 2-10
1996: Glenmore  Dunloy (DUnloy won by 6 or 7 but can't remember the scoreline)
1997: Wolfe Tones (Clare) 2-8 Cushendall 1-10
1998: Sarsfields 2-14 Dunloy 1-9  (3-14 to 4-11 Drawn Game)
1999: Rathnure (Wexford) 2-19 Ballygalget (Down) 1-8
2000: St.Joseph's (Clare) 0-12 Cushendall 0-12
2000: St.Joseph's (Clare) 1-14 Cushendall 1-8 (replay)
2001: Athenry(Galway) 3-20 Dunloy 1-10
2002: Birr 2-12 Dunloy 1-11
2003: Mount Sion (Waterford) 1-13 - Dunloy 1-14
2004: Dunloy (Antrim) 2-13 Portumna 2-10
2005: James Stephens 0-17 O'Donovan Rossa (Antrim) 1-6
2006: Newtownshandrum 0-14  Ballygalget 1-10
2007: Loughrea (Galway) 1-11 Cushendall 0-9

oh fcuk is that the time...........

Baile an tuaigh

Thankyou very much "theskull1". Just wondering where or what web-site you found that information, its just I couldn't find it anywhere. Noticed a lot of people aren't given Dunloy any chance in this years champioship which to me considering their rich history is a surprise. This should be worth at least a couple of points to Dunloy if people are underestimating them.

theskull1

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on November 20, 2007, 09:04:07 PM
Thankyou very much "theskull1". Just wondering where or what web-site you found that information, its just I couldn't find it anywhere. Noticed a lot of people aren't given Dunloy any chance in this years champioship which to me considering their rich history is a surprise. This should be worth at least a couple of points to Dunloy if people are underestimating them.

There wasn't a single page Baile an tuaigh. I thought there might have been and went off looking for it. Ended up building it up from individual google searches. Took longer than I thought. Ah well it's here for posterity.
Could believe I couldn't find the Glenmore Dunloy scoreline in 1996. The WWW has nothing on it as far as I could see.

podge

I see our old friend Balboa has been banished for good from the board.  Not sure what he said but think it was something to do with mc conville.  Not like Balboa to enter into a good oul gossip/bitchin session!!  I have never seen a man with so many 'friend of a firiend of a friend of ....told me'  or ' i hear a rumour that'...    story lines.

How will he fill the day.

Free the Waterfoot One...

SeanSouth

It wasnt about Mc Conville, i think it was about Mc Gourty. There was a thread about it on main page but it has been removed.