Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usain

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2017, 11:10:48 AM
Quote from: Usain on June 06, 2017, 09:58:40 AM
Are the club hurling fixtures really going to go ahead this Sunday? I thought they would have been cancelled due to CR final. Strange decision by CB.

Christy ring on the Sat I thought?

Yes I know its on Saturday but I'm thinking of the club players/supporters who have to travel to Dublin and back on Saturday before heading off again on Sunday to play league games.

Bcastle away to Ballygalget
Rossa away to Lgiel
St Galls away to Glenariffe
St Johns away to Carey.

That extra travelling is bound to put people/club players off from going to Dublin on Saturday. I know the die hards will go anyway but that's not the audience we need to entice out of the house.

And what happens if we win the CR. Surely a night of celebration is in order? Not for our club players who have to play on Sunday. Just my point of view but everything should be done to get a big crowd out for the CR in Dublin on Saturday.

MoChara

Am I being unrealistically hopeful thinking the CR final might be on TV?

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on June 06, 2017, 01:44:37 PM

Tg4 have live coverage of all 3 finals at the weekend.

MoChara

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 06, 2017, 02:11:04 PM

I thought it would of been but I was looking on the TV guide and i don't see it

Craigyhill Terror

TG4 are showing the three matches on their website, not on TV

stevecw

Only online this time rather than on tv. Usually they show either all 3 on tv or the Lory Meagher one online and then the Nicky Rackard & Christy Ring on tv. But none this year. Very strange & disappointing...tg4 are usually great for coverage of gaa.

I don't mind as I'll be in Croke Park but I have an old uncle down the backarse of Carlow where the broadband is brutal, there's no way he will be able to stream tg4.ie.

I sent them an e-mail asking why they're not showing it on tv this year. Will report back if I get an answer!

MoChara

Quote from: stevecw on June 06, 2017, 10:35:14 PM

Only online this time rather than on tv. Usually they show either all 3 on tv or the Lory Meagher one online and then the Nicky Rackard & Christy Ring on tv. But none this year. Very strange & disappointing...tg4 are usually great for coverage of gaa.

I don't mind as I'll be in Croke Park but I have an old uncle down the backarse of Carlow where the broadband is brutal, there's no way he will be able to stream tg4.ie.

I sent them an e-mail asking why they're not showing it on tv this year. Will report back if I get an answer!

Good man, they literally have a day of cartoons on instead, surely the finals would get a better audience than that.

Na Glinntí Glasa

its ok the GAA have Kilkenny on tv so they dont give two fucks about the counties outside of the top tier.

"Ah here lads sure we allowed you into Croker for the day so be grateful for that"
hurl like f**k boi!

Usain

Does anyone remember the outcome for the hurling leagues this year regarding promotion/relegation. Is it one up, one down?

johnneycool

Quote from: Usain on June 08, 2017, 10:07:14 AM
Does anyone remember the outcome for the hurling leagues this year regarding promotion/relegation. Is it one up, one down?

It was two up two down between Div1 and Div1b last year, I don't think that'll change as the Ports look favourites for the top spot, Johnnies looking like second...   ;)

Usain

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2017, 10:21:29 AM
Quote from: Usain on June 08, 2017, 10:07:14 AM

It was two up two down between Div1 and Div1b last year, I don't think that'll change as the Ports look favourites for the top spot, Johnnies looking like second...   ;)

You read my mind JC!!

Would like to have this all set in stone now to prevent any board room tussles later on. Its really important as division 2 is so tight. Its critical for teams to know whether 1 will be relegated or 2.

stevecw

Quote from: MoChara on June 07, 2017, 09:08:27 AM
Quote from: stevecw on June 06, 2017, 10:35:14 PM

Good man, they literally have a day of cartoons on instead, surely the finals would get a better audience than that.

2 days later and they still haven't replied. I see it's something to do with it clashing with the Tipp/Cork game which is on RTE at the time.

hurlingstick

Graffin starting ......kick in the teeth for someone

MoChara

Quote from: hurlingstick on June 09, 2017, 12:57:12 PM
Graffin starting ......kick in the teeth for someone

looks like mattie donnelly and paddy mcgill for graffin and shorty

Craigyhill Terror

Graffin and Shiels for McFadden and McGill