Previous topic - Next topic

monkey

Quote from: Balboa on September 21, 2007, 10:33:52 AM
Quote from: girt_giggler on September 21, 2007, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: Balboa on September 21, 2007, 10:10:07 AM
Loneshark has posted odds from Ladbrokes for matches

Loughguile 1/9 v Ballycastle 9/2
Cushendall 10/11 v Dunloy Evens

The 1/9 for Loughguile must be a misprint.

doubt its a misprint, alot shorter than i personally would have priced them, but a little more realistic that the 8/11 someone posted up here the other day!

Well when a team is 1/9 the other team is usually bigger than 9/2

Dont forget the draw at 16/1

slow corner back

Ballycastle long odds tommoro because they are a buch of young fellas, having said that the shams have failed in four consectutive finals. seriopus bottle problems in loghgiel. Youth has no fear. if Ballycastle are within a gaol after 45 they will win. Alternatively if the shams play to form they could be 15 up at half time. a good weekends entertainment in store. Hopefully we can produce something in the juniors agianst c'mills, up the rovers.

monkey

Quote from: slow corner back on September 21, 2007, 10:25:10 PM
Ballycastle long odds tommoro because they are a buch of young fellas,

A bunch of young fellas with too many oldies in the team with the likes of Nander & Maybin and a few more who could do with losing a stone or two.
I think the odds are about right.  Loughgiel v Dunloy final.

aontroim

Ballycastle 1-9 v 2-18 Loughgiel - comfortable win - anyone at the game with reports - was surprised by the beating Carey took from St. Paul's also  :

monkey

Loughgiel came out fast and sharp and picked up a few early scores including a goal from a watson free.  They were playing with the breeze and i suppose trying to make the most of the advantage.  Loughgiel won a lot of ball in the middle and their forwards missed very little.  Pinky knocked over a few points from frees and i think the first half finished Loughgiel 1-12 Ballycastle 0-4.  Loughgiel came out fast again in the second half and knocked over a few more points into the breeze.  Ballycastle seemed intent on niggiling and trying to provoke reactions from some of the Loughgiel players. Ronan Donnelly in particular did his best to wind up Watson which eventually resulted in Watson getting a yellow card.  Loughgiel continued to dominate in the second half and Ballycastle were not able to make use of the wind advantage (Not that it was a gale or anything).  Loughgiel again missed very few chances and were winning by 2-17 to 0-5 half way through the second half.  Loughgiel eased a bit in the last 5 mins as would be understandable and Ballycastle picked up a late goal.  Loughgiel looked impressive against a Ballycastle team who were never at the fair.  If they were to carry this sort of form to the final then i think they are definately capable of beating whoever comes out of the other semi final. 

Guillem2

Lone Shark wasn't far off with his 1/9 Loughgiel. I'm heading down to Portaferry later for the Down final. Can someone post the results from Loughgeil and the JHC semi finals?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

monkey

Quote from: Guillem2 on September 23, 2007, 12:10:03 PM
Lone Shark wasn't far off with his 1/9 Loughgiel.  Can someone post the results from Loughgeil and the JHC semi finals?

1/9 was the actual odds on www.ladbrokes.com for Loughgiel.

I think Armoy led all the way and despite conceding a late goal to make it a one point game,  held out to beat Cloughmills by 2 points.

monkey

Cushendall led by 0-6 to 0-5, Dunloy came back at start of second half. Missed a penalty when they were leading by 4pts and held on to win by 2pts.
Loughgiel v Dunloy final

slow corner back

Senior Dunloy V Loughgiel,
Inter  Cushendun V St Pauls
Junior Armoy v Rasharkin

North Antrim

No comment! :-\ :-\

We were poor, really poor. Didnt show up, big players bar pinky didnt perform.

Didnt go to other semi. Heard Dunloy were good. Loughgiel played well yesterday, but i hope to god they get stuffed cos they are the biggest shower of w****** i have ever come accross

Max and Skull dont let us down!!

monkey

Quote from: North Antrim on September 23, 2007, 09:12:45 PM
No comment! :-\ :-\
<snip>
Erm, i thought u said no comment?

Quote from: North Antrim on September 23, 2007, 09:12:45 PM
We were poor, really poor. Didnt show up, big players bar pinky didnt perform.
LOL apart from Pinky Ballycastle dont have any big players!

theskull1

From the Antrim Website

Dunloy end Ruairis reign to book final spot with Shamrocks - Dunloy 0-18 Cushendall 3-8

Dunloy Cuchullains rolled back the years at Loughgiel today (Sunday) to end Cushendall's reign as Antrim County champions and book themselves a final place against arch rivals Loughgiel in two weeks time.
Without a title since 2003 many had felt Dunloy were a spent force, but their old hands like Alastair Elliott, Gregory O'Kane, Liam Richmond and Paddy Richmond showed there is life in the old dog yet as they led their team by example.
Team captain O'Kane was a revelation as he picked off a series of points from play and frees to guide his team to victory.
Dunloy looked the sharper during the opening half and despite playing against the strong breeze it was clear they were in a strong position whey they trailed by just a single point at the break. (0-6 to 0-5)
After the change of ends Dunloy gained a real foothold in the game, and with Paddy Richmond striking some delightful points they eased ahead.
However three goals at strategic points during the second-half kept Cushendall in contention, and the champions even had a chance to snatch it in the dying seconds when substitute Jackie Carson fired inches of the bar when a goal looked certain.
Dunloy go through to face Loughgiel in the October 7th final at Casement Park in a repeat of the 2003 decider which the Cuchullians won by the narrowest of margins after a thrilling contest.

Without question deserved to win yesterday, but could so easily have lost it at the end. Very glad we got the rub of the green there at the end, but should not have let Cushendall get into that position. In general play I thought our backs hurled well without anyone shining, midfield were excellent throughout (I hope you have changed you opinion of young shorty now NAG) and our forwards were excellent again especially in the second half.

A few gripes.
What was with all the over carrying decisions yesterday?  I have never seen so many in one match in my life and IMO 90% of them were wrong. Also there is now way two matches should have been played on that surface yesterday. Anybody that was on the pitch at the end of the game would have seen that....ah well ...alls well that ends well
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ogruairi

Fair play to Dunloy - they fully deserved the win yesterday. Just been reading the hoganstand. there is talk to some of our players out full last sunday. This is news to me. Can anyone else from the dall shed any light on this? I'm sure I'll hear it around the village in the next few days.

Give-it-Timber

have to agree Skull, Dunloy where the better team on the day and was very obvious that they wanted to win more than the Dall. was very disappointed in alot of Cushendall performences.

Dunloy didnt let Cushendall get going especially around midfield, where Cushendalls midfiled was awful. i thought your backs where suspect though Skull, 3 goals and only for a few fumbles and a bad umpires decision (was up to the left of the goals - def over the line) there should have been more goals.

i am not sure what you should take from the game skull, overall i thought Dunloy played really well with alot of big performances, but in the end of the day if jackie carson had off went for a goal at the end of the game yous would have been beat. (have been told he thought there was only a point in it so took his point)

i think it should be a good final, Dunloy look really sharp - especially in the forward line, so my tip is Dunloy for the Final

PS @ogruairi - i am not from the Dall, but had heard this during the week.

ogruairi

Give-it-Timber so you heard this during the week? Any names? I was out and about all week and heard nothing?