Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Antrim

Sorry lads......havent been on for a while....been celebrating ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great win for u-21's last week. Super performance from the lads. Our big players in Nealer, Hippy and Chrissy delivered and the rest followed. Gives us a great boost for Saturday. Will we beat them????? we have a chance. Honestly if we can negate Winker which we plan to do i personally feel we can take them. Great spirit in the camp at present. Best i have saw it in years. We wont have a better chance to put one over our dear neighbours  ;) ;)

Balboa

The only thing i would say North Antrim is that i am not sure who is gonna do your scoring for you.

North Antrim

Nealer from frees, Pinky is always good for a goal or two.. Remember all we have to do is score more than them. They are limited in that department to. Dont want to give away to much, but from what i hear we have a plan or two up our sleeve ;) ;)

theskull1

Quote from: North Antrim on September 20, 2007, 09:06:54 PM
Nealer from frees, Pinky is always good for a goal or two.. Remember all we have to do is score more than them. They are limited in that department to. Dont want to give away to much, but from what i hear we have a plan or two up our sleeve ;) ;)

Sure you've given it away already NA. Like it  :) Killkenny employ that one as well.  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

I hear the Dall have had Terry Mc in taking a few sessions this week.

Glensman

Terry Mc has been involved a number of times for the Dall this year taking sessions.

I could very well be proven wrong tomorrow but I actually don't think Loughgeil are too far ahead of Ballycastle and there could be an upset.
Negate Wi(a)nker as said and you have taken away their major scoring threat.
Johnny/Barney/Scullion(s) are good hurlers but if Ballycastle put it up them there is a good chance.

Although, the bodies in another final would be too hard to miss - the nerves would start at the final whistle tomorrow night.
What approach would they go for this year...they've done the flags/banners everywhere in the village pre-final and they've done the low key. In fact over this past while they've done everything.
We shall see.

NAG

Having watched loughgiel against Dunloy, I have to say that they are so reliant on Watson its untrue. All the talk about J Scullion appears to be just that, talk!

Have also heard that Barney is carrying a knee injury and is playing through it credit to him but surely a fully fit man would be better in there!

The town would need to up their scoring rate significantly because having watched them against Rossa they play like that and they will be toast.

This is the time of year we all live for so lets hope we get two cracking games over the weekend.

(ps It wasnt that long ago that Cushendall were huntin Terry away from the training, how times change!)

Balboa

Loneshark has posted odds from Ladbrokes for matches

Loughguile 1/9 v Ballycastle 9/2
Cushendall 10/11 v Dunloy Evens

The 1/9 for Loughguile must be a misprint.

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: NAG on September 21, 2007, 10:00:41 AM

(ps It wasnt that long ago that Cushendall were huntin Terry away from the training, how times change!)

cant ever recall that happening, could you elaborate, i know a few dall players and as far as i am aware, Terry Mc has been involved in taking some sessions for a few years now, just like a few other dall trainers.

girt_giggler

word round our camp is Cushendall had a little influence on the throw-in off our match on sunday! they 'wanted' an extra 15mins on the pitch pre-match, and our game was moved forward!  ;D

looking forward to a good weekend of hurling!

girt_giggler

Quote from: Balboa on September 21, 2007, 10:10:07 AM

doubt its a misprint, alot shorter than i personally would have priced them, but a little more realistic that the 8/11 someone posted up here the other day!

Balboa

Quote from: girt_giggler on September 21, 2007, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: Balboa on September 21, 2007, 10:10:07 AM

doubt its a misprint, alot shorter than i personally would have priced them, but a little more realistic that the 8/11 someone posted up here the other day!

Well when a team is 1/9 the other team is usually bigger than 9/2

girt_giggler

NAG

Give it timber!

Am talking a few years ago when he was involved with them team. I was talking to a few people and players at the time and they were not impressed with his coaching or attitude and said that they would have prefered him not to be there. Things have moved on and maybe he is improved but I am being serious when I said that. It wasnt that long ago either.

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: NAG on September 21, 2007, 10:41:34 AM
Give it timber!

Am talking a few years ago when he was involved with them team. I was talking to a few people and players at the time and they were not impressed with his coaching or attitude and said that they would have prefered him not to be there. Things have moved on and maybe he is improved but I am being serious when I said that. It wasnt that long ago either.

yeah, he was manager in 2001 or 2002 (not sure correct me if i am wrong). was his first stint as manager of a senior team, if i can remember right it wasnt his coaching was the problem, it was the managerial side of things, man management wouldnt be one of his strong points.

but beside all that, back to this weekends games, what about the IHC games, any predictions?