Usain

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 16, 2016, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 16, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:56:59 PM
Quote from: podge on November 15, 2016, 08:36:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:47:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2016, 09:05:36 AM
Tester for the new Chairman here.

St Johns have been a team in trouble for a number of years and they havent corrected it themselves, not now up to the county to do so.
Club delegates undertake a show of hands to decide this.

..with delegates from the likes of Moneyglass, Glenavy, Portglenone and other such hurling hotbets having equal votes to those directly affected.

I suppose you could argue that they are therefore more impartial on the issue and don't just have a look around them and see what some of their cronies think and follow suit ???
Let's exclude Moneyglass, Glenavy & Portglenone from the vote then....either way, it's still not Collie Donnelly's decision, which was my point.
I appreciate that this won't stop people saying it was if the Johnnies motion passes. But sure...

What would have changed in the year from Cushendalls (amended) motion two years ago to reduce the league to 8 teams that makes people think that all of a sudden a 10 team is the way to go?

Also,
  To prevent these kneejerk motions there needs to be a bye law or rule that motions of this particular nature need a lying year to allow teams to plan accordingly.
Its a nonsense to play in a league with a certain promotion/relegation set up only for it to change in the winter months.

Valid in theory JC - but the reality is that bye-laws can be changed at Convention. So any such law is just immediately over-ruled so to speak. It's happened before. Many times.

St Johns want this through to stay up. If people are serious about ending the constant to-and-fro of league structures - then the solution is to vote against it. However the County Chairman may use his influence to secure enough votes for the motion. Democracy is a funny game recently isn't it.

Can everyone spread the word to your club members who will be voting on these motions and ensure that any changes to hurling league structures are voted against. Complete f**king circus every year.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on November 16, 2016, 02:09:24 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 16, 2016, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 16, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:56:59 PM
Quote from: podge on November 15, 2016, 08:36:15 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:47:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2016, 09:05:36 AM
Tester for the new Chairman here.

St Johns have been a team in trouble for a number of years and they havent corrected it themselves, not now up to the county to do so.
Club delegates undertake a show of hands to decide this.

..with delegates from the likes of Moneyglass, Glenavy, Portglenone and other such hurling hotbets having equal votes to those directly affected.

I suppose you could argue that they are therefore more impartial on the issue and don't just have a look around them and see what some of their cronies think and follow suit ???
Let's exclude Moneyglass, Glenavy & Portglenone from the vote then....either way, it's still not Collie Donnelly's decision, which was my point.
I appreciate that this won't stop people saying it was if the Johnnies motion passes. But sure...

What would have changed in the year from Cushendalls (amended) motion two years ago to reduce the league to 8 teams that makes people think that all of a sudden a 10 team is the way to go?

Also,
  To prevent these kneejerk motions there needs to be a bye law or rule that motions of this particular nature need a lying year to allow teams to plan accordingly.
Its a nonsense to play in a league with a certain promotion/relegation set up only for it to change in the winter months.

However the County Chairman may (or may not) use his influence to secure enough votes for the motion. Democracy is a funny game recently isn't it.
Is there any substance to this comment or are you just throwing it out there?

Maybe (or maybe not) that's more politically correct!
I'm not sure what substance you talk of - sure we'll only know that in time.

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 16, 2016, 09:19:43 AM
Maybe Coleraine will appeal that decision also.

They got off lightly (discussion wise) on here. I'm sure they'll argue by GAA rules they were within their right to do so. But ethically their decision is horrible and very much anti GAA.

I hope Cloughmills hammer them out the gate. Shame on them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Usain on November 16, 2016, 12:10:56 PM
Quote from: MoChara on November 16, 2016, 09:58:06 AM
You could make it that you would bring up Ballygalget, the biddies and clooney gaels, and still have St Johns go down. That way St Johns couldn't be accused of purposing for selfish reasons, but rather for the greater good of Antrim hurling  :P

Or

we could leave the leagues alone for about 5 years and allow the normal one up, one down dictate the natural order of things...........................

Should always be two two down, no reason why footballers have it that way, why have it different?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 16, 2016, 05:06:49 PM

They got off lightly (discussion wise) on here. I'm sure they'll argue by GAA rules they were within their right to do so. But ethically their decision is horrible and very much anti GAA.

I'm the same. I really hope they get tanked. Disgraceful what they've done.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2016, 09:11:06 PM
You could make it that you would bring up Ballygalget, the biddies and clooney gaels, and still have St Johns go down. That way St Johns couldn't be accused of purposing for selfish reasons, but rather for the greater good of Antrim hurling  :P

Or

we could leave the leagues alone for about 5 years and allow the normal one up, one down dictate the natural order of things...........................

Should always be two two down, no reason why footballers have it that way, why have it different?

Bottom team down - top team up.
2 bottom and top - neutral play off.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 16, 2016, 09:51:15 PM

It won't happen. Coleraine will bully them not the other way about.

Cmills abu

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 16, 2016, 11:16:55 PM

Seen much of cloughmills this year?

paddyjohn

Would take a brave man to try to bully any of that C'Mills team.

Link

Anti GAA? the lads just want to hurl ffs - can't get any more GAA than that. Remember there are members of that club who don't play football. Realistically, they're not going to win a Derry SHC so this is their best bet for silverware and it is their level after the won the ulster junior recently.

Na Glinntí Glasa

They were supposed to enter the intermediate this year anyway as it was Na Magha's year to enter the junior championship. They chose not to enter it, got beat in the football (i was at it and they were very poor that day) and then decided they wanted into the hurling again.

It was their right to enter it and likewise not to enter it but they shouldnt of had it both ways that they can pick and choose when they entered it. The fact they had to go to the highest level to be allowed to enter shows it was their last option and lucky to get back in.

As you say link they have hurlers who dont play football but to me it shows the lack of interest in the game itself that they choose not enter it. Just because they might not win a championship doesn't mean they should just loose interest in the game.

Many clubs in ulster would love to be able to compete in the ulster intermediate cship and have to win their right to do so, its not handed on a plate each year to simply turn up
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Link on November 17, 2016, 09:33:15 AM

Anti GAA? the lads just want to hurl ffs - can't get any more GAA than that. Remember there are members of that club who don't play football. Realistically, they're not going to win a Derry SHC so this is their best bet for silverware and it is their level after the won the ulster junior recently.

And the teams who have trained hard and hurled all year????

Usain

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 16, 2016, 10:02:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2016, 09:11:06 PM

Or

Bottom team down - top team up.
2 bottom and top - neutral play off.

Now that would be a decent motion to bring forward. Not this complete restructuring of the leagues every year.

The 8 team leagues are adequate and some teams still playing matches in October so why would we add in another 4 games??

Usain

No harm to you Fear Bun, Coleraine will get a hammering on Sunday. Cmills are an excellent side just ready to peak at the right time.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 17, 2016, 09:44:18 AM
They were supposed to enter the intermediate this year anyway as it was Na Magha's year to enter the junior championship. They chose not to enter it, got beat in the football (i was at it and they were very poor that day) and then decided they wanted into the hurling again.

It was their right to enter it and likewise not to enter it but they shouldnt of had it both ways that they can pick and choose when they entered it. The fact they had to go to the highest level to be allowed to enter shows it was their last option and lucky to get back in.

As you say link they have hurlers who dont play football but to me it shows the lack of interest in the game itself that they choose not enter it. Just because they might not win a championship doesn't mean they should just loose interest in the game.

Many clubs in ulster would love to be able to compete in the ulster intermediate cship and have to win their right to do so, its not handed on a plate each year to simply turn up

On point as per usual DR.