Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

podge

Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:47:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 15, 2016, 09:05:36 AM
Tester for the new Chairman here.

St Johns have been a team in trouble for a number of years and they havent corrected it themselves, not now up to the county to do so.
Club delegates undertake a show of hands to decide this.

..with delegates from the likes of Moneyglass, Glenavy, Portglenone and other such hurling hotbets having equal votes to those directly affected.

I suppose you could argue that they are therefore more impartial on the issue and don't just have a look around them and see what some of their cronies think and follow suit ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: podge on November 15, 2016, 08:36:15 PM

St Johns have been a team in trouble for a number of years and they havent corrected it themselves, not now up to the county to do so.

..with delegates from the likes of Moneyglass, Glenavy, Portglenone and other such hurling hotbets having equal votes to those directly affected.

I suppose you could argue that they are therefore more impartial on the issue and don't just have a look around them and see what some of their cronies think and follow suit ???

How do you think Glenavy will vote on that proposal by the Johnnies??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

In my eyes Division one should be 8 teams. It's a farce that St John's have made that proposal just because they were a mess!!

Cmills abu

Final confirmed for ballymena folks.

delgany

The amendments to the under age transfer rules are very concerning
"The reply will be considered by CCC who will then adjudicate in consultation as appropriate with the Health and Wellbeing committee upon the transfer application
·    The CCC will then adjudicate upon the transfer as per the requirements of the current Treorai Oifigiuil the by laws"

This will be open season for young players to leave clubs because their well being and self esteem is being affected negatively

The health professionals will be content to complete  a report to back this up.

This is nt an exceptionality clause. That is fit for purpose.  It is a cope out.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Cmills abu on November 15, 2016, 09:49:25 PM

Terrible venue. Armoy has much better facilities.

btdtgtt

Quote from: delgany on November 15, 2016, 10:08:54 PM
The amendments to the under age transfer rules are very concerning
"The reply will be considered by CCC who will then adjudicate in consultation as appropriate with the Health and Wellbeing committee upon the transfer application
·    The CCC will then adjudicate upon the transfer as per the requirements of the current Treorai Oifigiuil the by laws"

This will be open season for young players to leave clubs because their well being and self esteem is being affected negatively

The health professionals will be content to complete  a report to back this up.

This is nt an exceptionality clause. That is fit for purpose.  It is a cope out.

I understand your underlying concern but GAA rules are a stop gap here.
The bottom line is that any visit to civil courts will be sufficient to force an underage transfer.
Such rules are an attempt to make transfers less prevalent but if an underage players or his parents want the transfer they'll get it legally.
After all look at the examples set by our senior intercounty players & officials rushing to civil courts when things don't go their way.

delgany

I accept that point...and it is important to keep in perspective the number of transfers per year.

However 2 things cut me about it..the super clubs never come calling for you run of the mill player...it your best players that they hoover up and spit out later on

And I'm sure that well known gaa personality is linking his lips of the prospect of supporting applications to join the malone road brigade......

It hits the smaller clubs hardest ...some maybe with 10 years investment into a players development... gone because someone wants to play with their friends/ chase medals

That's how it is I suppose

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Cmills abu on November 15, 2016, 09:49:25 PM

Brutal place for Ulster Final.

paddyjohn

Maybe Coleraine will appeal that decision also.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:56:59 PM

Let's exclude Moneyglass, Glenavy & Portglenone from the vote then....either way, it's still not Collie Donnelly's decision, which was my point.
I appreciate that this won't stop people saying it was if the Johnnies motion passes. But sure...

What would have changed in the year from Cushendalls (amended) motion two years ago to reduce the league to 8 teams that makes people think that all of a sudden a 10 team is the way to go?

Also,
  To prevent these kneejerk motions there needs to be a bye law or rule that motions of this particular nature need a lying year to allow teams to plan accordingly.
Its a nonsense to play in a league with a certain promotion/relegation set up only for it to change in the winter months.

MoChara

You could make it that you would bring up Ballygalget, the biddies and clooney gaels, and still have St Johns go down. That way St Johns couldn't be accused of purposing for selfish reasons, but rather for the greater good of Antrim hurling  :P

Usain

Quote from: MoChara on November 16, 2016, 09:58:06 AM
You could make it that you would bring up Ballygalget, the biddies and clooney gaels, and still have St Johns go down. That way St Johns couldn't be accused of purposing for selfish reasons, but rather for the greater good of Antrim hurling  :P

Or

we could leave the leagues alone for about 5 years and allow the normal one up, one down dictate the natural order of things...........................

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on November 16, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: hardstation on November 15, 2016, 10:56:59 PM

Let's exclude Moneyglass, Glenavy & Portglenone from the vote then....either way, it's still not Collie Donnelly's decision, which was my point.
I appreciate that this won't stop people saying it was if the Johnnies motion passes. But sure...

What would have changed in the year from Cushendalls (amended) motion two years ago to reduce the league to 8 teams that makes people think that all of a sudden a 10 team is the way to go?

Also,
  To prevent these kneejerk motions there needs to be a bye law or rule that motions of this particular nature need a lying year to allow teams to plan accordingly.
Its a nonsense to play in a league with a certain promotion/relegation set up only for it to change in the winter months.

Valid in theory JC - but the reality is that bye-laws can be changed at Convention. So any such law is just immediately over-ruled so to speak. It's happened before. Many times.

St Johns want this through to stay up. If people are serious about ending the constant to-and-fro of league structures - then the solution is to vote against it. However the County Chairman may use his influence to secure enough votes for the motion. Democracy is a funny game recently isn't it.