It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 03:49:07 PM
Lads, take a look before you hit post.

Right the conversation is in the gutter again
SIE Imm off so knock yourself out
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Yous can't give credit to a team without what a former poster on here used to say "aye but".  Credit where credit is due. And as skull almost renaged, it was poorly timed at best.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 04:07:20 PM
Yous can't give credit to a team without what a former poster on here used to say "aye but".  Credit where credit is due. And as skull almost renaged, it was poorly timed at best.

It was a valid point as far as I can see.

You have taken umbrage with it SIE because it is something your club have partaken in. So I would say you will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on October 24, 2016, 04:14:49 PM

You have taken umbrage with it SIE because it is something your club have partaken in. So I would say you will have to agree to disagree on this one.
I agree with you on this one. But it doesn't make it right or wrong. The fact that someone felt the need to post about it originally meant that they took umbrage with it. Not me. Yes?

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 04:20:16 PM

I agree with you on this one. But it doesn't make it right or wrong. The fact that someone felt the need to post about it originally meant that they took umbrage with it. Not me. Yes?

Dont think Skull was taking umbrage with it, merely pointing out the fact that it was lamentable that a club being lauded as a model of good practice couldn't have done it themselves.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on October 24, 2016, 04:24:30 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 04:20:16 PM

Dont think Skull was taking umbrage with it, merely pointing out the fact that it was lamentable that a club being lauded as a model of good practice couldn't have done it themselves.
what's lamentable is the fact that some people cant have good grace when a team wins. They won, end of. Time for us all to move on

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 03:27:02 PM
You'd never a see a Dunloy man coaching outside Dunloy sure. Oh wait..

but you wont see an outside manage within our club and get paid for it. 8)

To be fair people have skewed skulls point. I see what he was getting at and that we should be promoting coaches within our own clubs rather than automatically going outside and throwing money at an outsider when they could spend that on good courses and training within their own club for their own members.

i know people will say 'aye but use paid a coach before' and i can see how it sounds a bit hypocritical but the club doesn't pay these people, its the players themselves through their own fund raising. Im of the opinion that there is good coaches in our club that we dont need to pay anyone. What they need is more help and education etc to continue their development rather than pay a mercenary who will take the money in most cases and leave when it goes wrong and not care.

hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 24, 2016, 04:54:27 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 03:27:02 PM
You'd never a see a Dunloy man coaching outside Dunloy sure. Oh wait..

but you wont see an outside manage within our club and get paid for it. 8)

To be fair people have skewed skulls point. I see what he was getting at and that we should be promoting coaches within our own clubs rather than automatically going outside and throwing money at an outsider when they could spend that on good courses and training within their own club for their own members.

i know people will say 'aye but use paid a coach before' and i can see how it sounds a bit hypocritical but the club doesn't pay these people, its the players themselves through their own fund raising. Im of the opinion that there is good coaches in our club that we dont need to pay anyone. What they need is more help and education etc to continue their development rather than pay a mercenary who will take the money in most cases and leave when it goes wrong and not care.

DR are you talking about paid coaches or the likes of a fitness trainer type thing?

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah like a fitness coach or a trainer thats brought in at a certain part of the season
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 24, 2016, 04:37:27 PM
what's lamentable is the fact that some people cant have good grace when a team wins. They won, end of. Time for us all to move on
::)

Black and White, Right or Wrong, 1's or 0's ...... end of. You're inability to see a more nuanced perspective (and react accordingly) ends up with you twisting what people actually say when those opinion don't fit into you're 1's or 0's view of the world. At least others got a sense of what I was actually saying. Its a shame though that genuine discussion points within our organisation can get saturated by mud slinging rather than keeping it on the level.   

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

What's the craic with Dickie Murphy refereeing tonight's Mageean Cup final, think he did last years too. No refs in Ulster able for it ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hand up

Dickie, was being rewarded for his help refeering during the group stages!!! UC  what do you expect??