Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 25, 2016, 07:23:07 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2016, 07:19:36 PM
I wouldn't have said the ref had a great game at all.

Loughgiel really were a good bit better and probably could have won by more. Their teamwork is excellent. They look a very well coached outfit and are strong everywhere.

Watson, whatever is said about him, is a class act.

Other referees in the county would have been blowing up persistently today. Owen let the game flow. I think he officiated really well!! Think Liam used the few possessions he got really well. Can't be sure but think he got 3 from play???

I thought he got at least 3. Lost count though. He set up a few with some clever passes when bottled up too.

I don't really like being critical of refs. He let it flow but sometimes a bit much but like was said no bearing on the game. Best team won.

Chb for cushendall was very good. Was it mcafee that went off at half time? Was he injured?

Dunloy a good bit better in the minors. They have some speed in that team.

Hectic

Cannot blame the player for that. Loughgiel just better all over the pitch, yes some of the tackling crossed the line but it was a championship final and none of it was in the thuggish category.

Milltown Row2

Cushendall were disjointed throughout the game couldn't really strong a decent passage of play the whole game!! Big players didn't perform on the day and handling was poor for both teams but more so for Cushendall !!

Cushendall missed a lot of scores and I'd question their fitness too, a few lads definitely could do with losing a few pounds, all the skill in the world but carry extra weight will tell at that level

The refereeing was dead on, both teams were committed in the tackle and conditions were poor so that was brought into Owen's thinking, plus this is the final, hell for leather and all that , didn't seem to be much complaining from the players
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I would agree about fitness levels. Loughgiel looked a lot fitter.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2016, 08:11:41 PM

Loughgiel really were a good bit better and probably could have won by more. Their teamwork is excellent. They look a very well coached outfit and are strong everywhere.

Other referees in the county would have been blowing up persistently today. Owen let the game flow. I think he officiated really well!! Think Liam used the few possessions he got really well. Can't be sure but think he got 3 from play???

I thought he got at least 3. Lost count though. He set up a few with some clever passes when bottled up too.

I don't really like being critical of refs. He let it flow but sometimes a bit much but like was said no bearing on the game. Best team won.

Chb for cushendall was very good. Was it mcafee that went off at half time? Was he injured?

Chb was Paddy Burke ......real good player. Sean McAfee was lucky he wasn't sent off ....possibly that was why he was taken off.

Milltown Row2

There were no real definite red cards in my opinion, he strike on Winker was late that was it, Winker pushed it on player struck and missed!! The rest were easy yellows
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 25, 2016, 07:43:37 PM
Funny enough the Cushendall people around me all questioned McManus starting also Natty coming on.

in fairness and right or wrong Mc Manus was the dalls most influential forward ( sorry to be critical but this wouldn't have been hard ) so i could see some justification for starting him. Ruthless from the management yes but correct in the cold light of day

If one other forward would have clicked ( McGill did well but drifted out to help and leave space inside ) they could have won it

very toothless up front but maybe LGs defense must take some credit for this as well

MR2 is right in regard to the physical appearance of some of there players

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:02:16 PM
There were no real definite red cards in my opinion, he strike on Winker was late that was it, Winker pushed it on player struck and missed!! The rest were easy yellows

sorry dude but me and you a crossing swords again here> a deliberate bat to the face is straight red but hey your the one with the rule book
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 25, 2016, 08:55:35 PM

Chb was Paddy Burke ......real good player. Sean McAfee was lucky he wasn't sent off ....possibly that was why he was taken off.

I wasn't sure which burke. Worth a shot with the county if he goes.

Mcafee can be very good but seems a bit hot headed too. Young though so will learn hopefully.

That burke and tiernan coyle(s) definitely look like county material.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2016, 09:07:56 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on September 25, 2016, 08:55:35 PM

I wasn't sure which burke. Worth a shot with the county if he goes.

Mcafee can be very good but seems a bit hot headed too. Young though so will learn hopefully.

That burke and tiernan coyle(s) definitely look like county material.

Tiernan Coyle has been performing like that most of the season. I think he was MOTM today. Paddy Burke has represented the county!

imtommygunn

ok unfortunately i would say i'm not alone in that i pay more attention to club than county scene these days so missed burke on the county team or forgot he'd played!

Yeah coyle was that good against ballycastle too.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2016, 09:15:48 PM
ok unfortunately i would say i'm not alone in that i pay more attention to club than county scene these days so missed burke on the county team or forgot he'd played!

Played CHB for county U21's
Yeah coyle was that good against ballycastle too.

MoChara

Very strange in the last few minutes Cushendall opting for points from frees rather than going for goal. Loughgiel were obviously a fitter outfit out first to near every ball, hasn't been mentioned yet but Ryan mccambridge I thought was excellent today, Eddie as dangerous as ever for Loughgiel, the right team won at the end of it which sometimes doesn't happen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 25, 2016, 09:06:21 PM

sorry dude but me and you a crossing swords again here> a deliberate bat to the face is straight red but hey your the one with the rule book

From where I was standing I didn't see it so couldn't say it was deliberate and Owen wouldn't shrink from making a call on a red card either ...

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2016, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 25, 2016, 09:06:21 PM

From where I was standing I didn't see it so couldn't say it was deliberate and Owen wouldn't shrink from making a call on a red card either ...

It was right infront of me and I can say and I'll argue my point, it was a straight red card. Deliberate striking.