Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Predictions are correct. If Loughgiel turn up tomorrow we'll hand over the cup.

Milltown Row2

In a fifty fifty game (in my view) I've went with Cushendall, both teams haven't really needed to expand themselves leading up to this game, so it will be on the day, who wants it the most and that wee bitta luck or run of the green that can turn it!!

Defensively both are good and while Loughgiel aren't as free flowing up front like before they certainly can still find the scores handier than most, Cushendall the same, it's who finds the net that will win it... So far the weather seems fine if not blustery (x20 in Ballycastle)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

There were no scores in the 2nd half of the Down County Hurling Final .... incredible statistic. Hopefully won't happen today!

johnneycool

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 25, 2016, 11:09:14 AM
There were no scores in the 2nd half of the Down County Hurling Final .... incredible statistic. Hopefully won't happen today!

Driving wind and rain on the top pitch in Portaferry ruined whatever hurling was in the game. you wouldn't put cattle out in it.

Hopefully Ballycastle won't be as bad, but it's pretty exposed as well.

Jesusjones

Windy and raining in Ballycastle.

Milltown Row2

Cushendall have it all to do in the second half! Playing second fiddle to Loughgiel ...  1-8 to 1-5 wind advantage for Loughgiel second half
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pdiddy

Congratulations Loughgiel on a well deserved victory.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

paddyjohn

One thing i learned today, iPhones don't like water!

Cushendall poor I thought yet still only lost by 3. James Campbell lucky not to see red for hitting McManus, Paddy Magill also could of saw red. Christy did well when introduced but Young Coyle or Donal McKinley were MOTM.

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 25, 2016, 06:45:42 PM
One thing i learned today, iPhones don't like water!

Cushendall poor I thought yet still only lost by 3. James Campbell lucky not to see red for hitting McManus, Paddy Magill also could of saw red. Christy did well when introduced but Young Coyle or Donal McKinley were MOTM.

The referee had a great game and it flowed as a result. The wild slap on the head James Campbell got in the first ten minutes could well have been a red. The slap on Liam Watson's ankle also arguably a straight red. Overall he let the game go and I think hurling fans benefitted today. Loughgiel scored a point today with 16 players on the field .......I'd assume that can't be punished if the ref missed it. Johnny noticed afterwards and sprinted across to tell James he was off. I enjoyed the game. Cushendal were poor up front.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't have said the ref had a great game at all.

Loughgiel really were a good bit better and probably could have won by more. Their teamwork is excellent. They look a very well coached outfit and are strong everywhere.

Watson, whatever is said about him, is a class act.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 25, 2016, 07:19:36 PM
I wouldn't have said the ref had a great game at all.

Loughgiel really were a good bit better and probably could have won by more. Their teamwork is excellent. They look a very well coached outfit and are strong everywhere.

Watson, whatever is said about him, is a class act.

Other referees in the county would have been blowing up persistently today. Owen let the game flow. I think he officiated really well!! Think Liam used the few possessions he got really well. Can't be sure but think he got 3 from play???

north_antrim_hound

Good game considering the conditions
Both teams very committed in the tackle
LG  fully deserved. They play as a unit and are very efficient with the ball
Yes Campbell should have walked for striking
him still on the feild After being  subbed was a genuine mistake and if LG won by a point it woukd be worth some discussion
Well done Loughgeil
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 25, 2016, 07:29:52 PM
Good game considering the conditions
Both teams very committed in the tackle
LG  fully deserved. They play as a unit and are very efficient with the ball
Yes Campbell should have walked for striking
him still on the feild After being  subbed was a genuine mistake and if LG won by a point it woukd be worth some discussion
Well done Loughgeil

Yeah spot on .....it had no bearing on the result but like you said imagine they'd have won by a point? Dal were poor up front. Think it was a bit insulting to boys who trained and played all year that McManus started. Don't like that side of sport!

paddyjohn

Funny enough the Cushendall people around me all questioned McManus starting also Natty coming on.

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 25, 2016, 07:43:37 PM
Funny enough the Cushendall people around me all questioned McManus starting also Natty coming on.

Good on them. What's right is right.