Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2016, 08:20:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 06, 2016, 07:20:11 PM
Definitely some people getting very precious about our venues.

Also - have the clubs involved input been considered?

Do you think clubs have an input??

Maybe it depends who they are friendly with!
Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they don't.
Or maybe someone in the host club had some sway.
It's the same in every county - particularly if the county ground isn't an obvious option :-[

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 06, 2016, 08:34:02 PM

Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they don't.
It's the same in every county - particularly if the county ground isn't an obvious option :-[

So you think Rossa said they want Corrigan? Corrigan was used last year as was Lamhs, that was the choice I'd imagine for a Belfast venue.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

The Venue's for all Championship games were chosen by 3 Men Frankie, Terry, and Collie

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2016, 08:41:26 PM

Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they don't.

So you think Rossa said they want Corrigan? Corrigan was used last year as was Lamhs, that was the choice I'd imagine for a Belfast venue.

I was more thinking our county chairman giving his own club a turn.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 06, 2016, 09:21:24 PM

Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they don't.

We've played plenty championship games at Corrigan... If the johnnys had have not lost a few players against Rossa it would have been in Lamhs??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2016, 09:23:49 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 06, 2016, 09:21:24 PM

Sometimes they do.
Sometimes they don't.

We've played plenty championship games at Corrigan... If the johnnys had have not lost a few players against Rossa it would have been in Lamhs??

Reasonable assumption.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Were precious about the venue because when we land to a ground and someone wants £7 or £10 to watch a match you expect the venue to be worth that money.

I went the other week to the Derry football championship. A double header for £8, a seat and shelter to watch the game. Yes you have to park down the road but you don't mind that as its a decent venue. i know its not fair to compare Derry to Antrim as we have no ground to call 'home' but its been like that for years.

If the game was in Cushendall i would of went but theres no way on earth im attempting to go to glenravel to a ground where theres limited places to stand and watch a game. Im not slating Glenravels pitch or facilities, they are adequate for the crowds they get at games but to take a game to a venue that cant hold a massive crowd is utter stupidity.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 07, 2016, 09:22:09 AM
Were precious about the venue because when we land to a ground and someone wants £7 or £10 to watch a match you expect the venue to be worth that money.

I went the other week to the Derry football championship. A double header for £8, a seat and shelter to watch the game. Yes you have to park down the road but you don't mind that as its a decent venue. i know its not fair to compare Derry to Antrim as we have no ground to call 'home' but its been like that for years.

If the game was in Cushendall i would of went but theres no way on earth im attempting to go to glenravel to a ground where theres limited places to stand and watch a game. Im not slating Glenravels pitch or facilities, they are adequate for the crowds they get at games but to take a game to a venue that cant hold a massive crowd is utter stupidity.

Similar question to the City venue - why do you think Glenravel was chosen?

paddyjohn

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 07, 2016, 09:28:34 AM

Was there not a Glenravel man on the Saffron vision ticket at the start of the year?

MoChara

What sort of precentage of the gate do the host club get anyway?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 07, 2016, 09:28:34 AM

Our grounds closed. the drainage works started this morning so there was no way it was happening there.

Outside of ourselves (Bcastle & Lgiel cant host) theres only one other ground capable to take decent crowd and it was cushendall. Parking would of been a mare but what other grounds in antrim has a large car parking area available?

hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: MoChara on September 07, 2016, 10:00:01 AM
What sort of precentage of the gate do the host club get anyway?
10% IIRC of the gate, which they take away with them and count. they then send you a cheque and you accept that as gospel  ::)
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Pity we didn't have a county ground..

Hectic

I find Glenravel to be very accessible - fair enough I am coming through Ballymena where there is an A class road and I appreciate that many North Antrim hurling supporters have to drive along paths for miles to get to a main road but Jesus wept you would think people were being asked to go to Malin Head and abseil down onto the beach to watch a game with some of the responses on here.

Good information on why Dunloy is not available from previous poster - I suppose at the start it was probably the obvious choice but that clears that one up.  And as I pointed out earlier Dunloy was a mare last year because of the roadworks (nothing to do with the efforts of the club) and as such maybe the lesson is there for people to get to Glenravel early on Sunday if there are likely to be traffic problems.

Talking about value for money by others - surely that will be determined by the match itself - no?  Or maybe Glenravel will stick on some prawn sandwiches for those who are looking for the executive treatment.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 07, 2016, 10:26:27 AM
Pity we didn't have a county ground..

That is the very problem here - I would like to see the site at Antrim getting shifted on and to a standard that all these games could be played there - good central location for the whole county and good transport links - not sure if that is a consideration though for this development or whether it is purely a centre of excellence.