Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

How it is not a Hurling pitch?

theskull1

The implication being I'm sure that the grass is cut to suit getting your toe under a ball. Hardly a contentious point
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

I was up at the Feis at the pitch was like a carpet, and the length was super.

Usain

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2016, 03:13:13 PM
Glenravel is not a hurling pitch never mind all the rest, it simply is not a hurling pitch.

Can someone answer me what Armoy intend to do with the players/ spectators/ cars/ officials mixing as they leave the pitch only to have to cross an entire other pitch. To me that is a recipe for disaster.

In previous years they put up harris fencing between changing rooms and second pitch, not ideal.

Cdall should have been the venue for the senior semi between shams and town. Simple as that.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Usain on September 06, 2016, 03:39:21 PM
Glenravel is not a hurling pitch never mind all the rest, it simply is not a hurling pitch.

Can someone answer me what Armoy intend to do with the players/ spectators/ cars/ officials mixing as they leave the pitch only to have to cross an entire other pitch. To me that is a recipe for disaster.

In previous years they put up harris fencing between changing rooms and second pitch, not ideal.

Cdall should have been the venue for the senior semi between shams and town. Simple as that.
[/b][/i][/u]

Nail on the head there..

NAG1

Quote from: Usain on September 06, 2016, 03:39:21 PM

Well that's something.

It is not a hurling pitch because a number or things most of them not really tangible or explainable. Atmosphere and feeling being among them, not saying its not a decent pitch.

theskull1

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2016, 03:38:49 PM

It was indeed like a carpet .... a shagpile carpet. Was the football final any good?  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on September 06, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2016, 03:38:49 PM

It was indeed like a carpet .... a shagpile carpet. Was the football final any good?  :)

No it wasn't as the 2 clubs involved played it on a different date to suit themsleves.

Hectic

Jesus lads when did we start getting precious about Antrim venues. Without Casement there is no real difference in my opinion with the exception of Ballycastle perhaps but given neither them nor their opponents can host I think anywhere else can have holes picked in it.

I was at football matches in Ballymena and Ahoghill last weekend and both did the job the very best but Ballymena has a narrow path round it while Ahoghill means driving around country lanes and feck all parking.

Creggan also gets a lot of games and is similar to Ahoghill in terms of access and parking. I was in Dunloy last year and it was a complete disaster, granted I should have been wise to it and given myself more time but I missed the first 10 mins of the match and took an age to get away.

Armoy probably most central but has absolutely no elevation, limited parking and again is accessed via a road that is like a country lane.

Youse are like a crowd of insular houers the whining going on here. I do not think Glenravel is any better or any worse than the alternatives in terms of parking, it is however on a main road and in terms of facilities and playing surface it is among the best in the county. Not sure if there is much elevation though but given it is not being given to Croke Park I think it is as good a choice as any.

As for Corrigan, again I am not sure what alternative is any better.

Hand up

Hectic ya clown, you've spent your first 4 paragraphs whinging!!! I certainly don't agree with the Dunloy opinion (which you contradicted yourself on anyway) it was fantastically well run.

Hectic

Quote from: Hand up on September 06, 2016, 06:34:30 PM
Hectic ya clown, you've spent your first 4 paragraphs whinging!!! I certainly don't agree with the Dunloy opinion (which you contradicted yourself on anyway) it was fantastically well run.

No contradiction at all. To simplify my point is that we are not blessed with venues to host the big games in this county. All venues used have their flaws but they 'do the job'.  As such I do not think it is justified devoting a few pages of whining on here to choices of venue that are no better or worse than the alternatives. Is that a simpler bite for you to take?

Jesusjones

What's the drawback with Cushendall? Surely that is where the loughgiel v ballycastle should have been? More parking than anywhere else with parking at the pitch, youth club, pitch across the road and the boat club. Ballycastle folk head through the village home and send the rest up Glenariff.

Hectic

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 06, 2016, 07:10:27 PM
What's the drawback with Cushendall? Surely that is where the loughgiel v ballycastle should have been? More parking than anywhere else with parking at the pitch, youth club, pitch across the road and the boat club. Ballycastle folk head through the village home and send the rest up Glenariff.

That would work for me too but I am happy to go to Glenravel as well for a change.

btdtgtt

Definitely some people getting very precious about our venues.

Also - have the clubs involved input been considered?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 06, 2016, 07:20:11 PM
Definitely some people getting very precious about our venues.

Also - have the clubs involved input been considered?

Do you think clubs have an input??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea