Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Cushendall playing better up front without him IMHO. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 19, 2016, 03:03:30 PM

On your team where would you play him?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 19, 2016, 06:29:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2016, 06:15:25 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 19, 2016, 03:03:30 PM

On your team where would you play him?

What's hos best position? He's played in most positions but never really settled in one for year's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2016, 07:09:47 PM
What's hos best position? He's played in most positions but never really settled in one for year's

I don't know....I just said that their forward line played better as a unit IMHO without him. Don't understand the reason for the silly rhetorical question earlier?
In Cushendall he'll have to earn his place the same as the rest. 

Hand up

We aren't in the habit of cutting of our nose either!! Their won't be a player not glad to see him home if it happens, but it's all hearsay atm. But you may as well start him because first chance any manager gets he's on and the manager looks like he's made his point!! He got us to where we got to last year he was nearly unplayable at times in my mind, and lead the lads.

Jesusjones

We wouldn't have beat Slaughtneil or Loughgiel last year without him. It would be a big boost to have him home.

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to the u21s later.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 20, 2016, 09:42:15 AM
Good luck to the u21s later.

+1

Good luck lads, just go out and empty the tank and see what happens that's all anyone can ask
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 20, 2016, 07:46:56 AM
We wouldn't have beat Slaughtneil or Loughgiel last year without him. It would be a big boost to have him home.

He carried the team at times in both games. I'm sure the younger bucks have learnt a lot having to play without Neil these last few months but he's certainly going to be the first name on the team sheet if training & fit.

Usain

New to the board chaps.

After speaking to a few players in my own club, I believe we should move all county league games (hurling and football) to Saturday evenings and give our players back some of their social lives. Coming home from work/study on a Friday evening and having to put your entire weekend on hold for a game on Sunday is not realistic. Is it any wonder we have fellas turning their backs on our games in favour of rugby/soccer. The traditionalists won't like this idea but to be honest it's not about them. Ask the players what they want.

Any thoughts folks?

theskull1

Like everything in life, sometimes sacrifices have to be made and theres a beauty in making them. Bad job if you don't see our games as part of a social life.

At least the U21s are giving it a go as much as its plain the see the difference in standards

theskull1

Ended like a one side U14 game  :-\

We are where we are.

Jesusjones

Welcome Usain. Fully support your sentiment. I'd even play matches on a Friday night.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Hopefully after today Antrim won't enter the u21 hurling championship in the A level section. Its unfair to themselves supporters and the teams they play. Time for common sense.