Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: Brocky on May 11, 2016, 09:41:08 PM
Funny game alright. Dunloy looked sharp enough at times. Loughgiel have plenty to work on and quite a number to come back in yet.
Regarding the sending off, if you call the ref an Armoy c##t you deserve sent off.

The point is Nicky was pulled to the ground by the throat and no free was given. It was shocking and therefore I can totally understand his frustration.

hurlingstick

Was anyone at St. Johns v Ballycastle?  .....What was your take on the game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 09:49:56 PM
Funny game alright. Dunloy looked sharp enough at times. Loughgiel have plenty to work on and quite a number to come back in yet.
Regarding the sending off, if you call the ref an Armoy c##t you deserve sent off.

The point is Nicky was pulled to the ground by the throat and no free was given. It was shocking and therefore I can totally understand his frustration.

You also understand you can't call the ref a cnut??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 10:00:16 PM

Of course you can't however players will naturally get frustrated when a referee misses a blatant and dangerous foul that the whole ground seen. Shamrock fans said it was a clear foul too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:05:38 PM

Of course you can't however players will naturally get frustrated when a referee misses a blatant and dangerous foul that the whole ground seen. Shamrock fans said it was a clear foul too.

I know frustration and as a player and manager you do feel pissed off when a ref doesn't see the foul you see, but that's it, he doesn't see it he doesn't blow.... But what he will hear is when you call him a cnut!! That player has let his team down, frustrated or not
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Brocky

Blatant and dangerous foul. Grabbing by the throat- what game were you at!  I didn't see any of that and I wasn't far away.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Brocky on May 11, 2016, 10:19:32 PM

Blatant and dangerous foul. Grabbing by the throat- what game were you at!  I didn't see any of that and I wasn't far away.

Yes, Nicky decided 'just for the Craic' to call the referee a cnut. It was a terrible foul on him thus the reaction.

theskull1

Deserved a free
Deserved the line

I'm sure both referee and player are man enough to acknowledge the poor decisions made.

Struggled a man down in the second half and just did enough to hold on and get the win
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on May 11, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Deserved a free
Deserved the line

I'm sure both referee and player are man enough to acknowledge the poor decisions made.

Struggled a man down in the second half and just did enough to hold on and get the win

Correct, exactly how I read it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:23:36 PM

Yes, Nicky decided 'just for the Craic' to call the referee a cnut. It was a terrible foul on him thus the reaction.

We've all been tackled fouled and it was blatant but the ref decided not to blow, now consider how many times that happens in a game.... How many players then get up and call the ref a (insert club) cnut??

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 10:35:29 PM

We've all been tackled fouled and it was blatant but the ref decided not to blow, now consider how many times that happens in a game.... How many players then get up and call the ref a (insert club) cnut??

Was a dangerous tackle though ....round the throat. Ref missed it player reacted badly .....the game loses out as a result of two poor decisions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

Was a dangerous tackle though ....round the throat. Ref missed it player reacted badly .....the game loses out as a result of two poor decisions.

Hey, that may be case and I haven't argued that...

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2016, 10:47:20 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

Hey, that may be case and I haven't argued that...

I think you're being fair and i fully take your point. Players make mistakes, referees make mistakes. All part of our great game or poor game as it was tonight!! Shamrocks have a lot of work to do although it's early days yet.

Brocky

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:34:07 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 11, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Deserved a free
Deserved the line

Correct, exactly how I read it.

Funny that. You started this off by saying it was a terrible sending off.

north_antrim_hound

You can't call the ref that
You could ask him what's his guide dog called at times like that
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets