Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: Brocky on May 11, 2016, 11:03:34 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 10:34:07 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 11, 2016, 10:31:36 PM
Deserved a free
Deserved the line

I'm sure both referee and player are man enough to acknowledge the poor decisions made.

Struggled a man down in the second half and just did enough to hold on and get the win

Correct, exactly how I read it.

Funny that. You started this off by saying it was a terrible sending off.

You're struggling to keep up here Brocky .....terrible in that if the ref had seen the original foul it would never have happened. It was born out of frustration.

hurlingstick

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 11, 2016, 11:09:11 PM
You can't call the ref that
You could ask him what's his guide dog called at times like that

Ha ha .....might be a yellow for that

Hand up

We beat Rossa in Shaws Rd by 2 points, I wasn't there but it was supposed to be good tough game and we did well to take the points home. A Mate told me he was well impressed with Rossa who will stay in Div 1 for sure.

Brocky

Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 11:09:54 PM
Deserved a free
Deserved the line

I'm sure both referee and player are man enough to acknowledge the poor decisions made.

Struggled a man down in the second half and just did enough to hold on and get the win

You're struggling to keep up here Brocky .....terrible in that if the ref had seen the original foul it would never have happened. It was born out of frustration.

Don't think I'm struggling. Anyway I've made my point. You've made your point. Leave it that way.
Some shooting drills wouldn't go amiss at Loughgiel training.

johnneycool

St Galls have two lads on the hurling team kicking big balls for Antrim on Sunday Milltown?

hurlingstick

Quote from: Brocky on May 12, 2016, 08:09:14 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on May 11, 2016, 11:09:54 PM
Deserved a free
Deserved the line

Don't think I'm struggling. Anyway I've made my point. You've made your point. Leave it that way.
Some shooting drills wouldn't go amiss at Loughgiel training.

Sounds fair to me. Their shooting was horrible first half and some of second. slightly better second half. The goal was a cracker especially the pass from Benny McCarry.

hurlingstick

Quote from: johnneycool on May 12, 2016, 08:59:38 AM
St Galls have two lads on the hurling team kicking big balls for Antrim on Sunday Milltown?

Sean and Conor Burke. Two great players. St. Galls have plenty of dual players.

Na Glinntí Glasa

We're bound to be favs now for the championship lol

was an odd enough game between ourselves and Loughgiel. Both teams looked flat at times and were guilty of both missing standard enough frees.

On the sending off the ref missed the foul and nicky reacted and got a red. cant argue with that. Thought the ref was grand overall, let the game flow and blew it up when it needed. A few handbags and he dealt with them all well with no bookings and let the game settle down again.

Decent win for ourselves and its brought a bit of confidence back to the camp. 4 wins on the trot has been a long time in coming and to beat Ballycran away and then Lgiel away, well its been a few years since we have done that.

Still a few to come back on again with Kevin McQuillian & shorty on recovery and woody had a slight knock as well. Add to that we have some great young minors who still arent in the team we have something to look forward to for once :)
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Think Brocky was the only man to not see the foul on Nicky. Nigel Elliott is a stylish operator, great to see him back fit and well. Equally so Benny McCarry. Few scuffles which Mark let go and I think rightly so. Shorty, Nigel, Benny, Saul, Clarkie, Eddie. .....imagine those six starting up front for the county? Pace and quality galore!!!!

ardtole

Is saul not on the christy ring panel, i dont think i seen him feature.

hurlingstick

Quote from: ardtole on May 12, 2016, 11:46:30 AM
Is saul not on the christy ring panel, i dont think i seen him feature.

No he's not there

Na Glinntí Glasa

Who was Lgiels no18 with the white helmet on? he was starting to torture us near the end and popped over some impressive points on the side line.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Was that James McNaughton? ??? Can't remember

The stig

north aontroim gael

James McNaughton was 10 - blue helmet. Scored Loughgiel's goal at the end.

18 white helmet was Duck.

Dunloy deserved to win but we missed a very scoreable free at the end that would of given us a draw.  I thought it was a poor enough game, very scrappy but still an interesting watch.