Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocky

To me it's straightforward. If there's no evidence to deal with it with the GAA rules then the most the exec can do is instruct the new management to not have them on the county panel.
Good to see Neil back, maybe that was always his plan or was it down to the change in management?

Last Man

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2016, 02:33:25 PM
Quote from: AQMP on April 08, 2016, 01:11:46 PM
Quote from: cfclg on April 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: Brocky on April 07, 2016, 05:13:42 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 07, 2016, 02:52:16 PM
Like I said yesterday.  I suppose there's that many stories going around. It's about who chooses to believe what.  I no the gambling happened and it's not about how much money was made.  It's the principle of the thing.  Do you want players who have backed themselves to loose to be representing our county.  This has gone away to easy for me.  Sorry.

I agree with you totally, there's no place for it. But I honestly can't see it happening, it will be a pleasant surprise if it does.
The new exec have taken a strong stance on everything else, this could be the one item that hurts them.

Some people on here this week were saying its over now, lets move on. I for one will not leave this alone. Its the very principle of the thing that annoys the sh*te out of me. I don't care if they made £50K or £5 betting against us. THESE COUNTY HURLERS BET AGAINST THEMSELVES. The game may have been a dead rubber for Antrim but this clearly shows a serious lack of respect towards our county and the game in general when people can do this.

I don't care about a public flogging but can the county exec at least release a statement saying they know it happened and that the players have/are being dealt with. That would send a clear message out that the times of f**king about and sweeping stuff under the carpet is over.

Agree 100%

Yeah I think the least that could be expected is a statement to say that they acknowledge that there is an issue to be addressed.
Any investigation could then be done in house and moves made in that way.

Just to blatantly ignore and hope that the management appointments gloss over it is a bit old school.

Yeah they could do that alright then in a months time they could release a statement saying we couldn't find any firm evidence so no case to answer. More bad press continued èrosion of this county's reputation. More bad blood.
I honestly believe this will be sorted out within the group and these individuals will be pushed out to scurry off with their heads hanging never to return to the county panel. . I feel sorry for their families and their clubs. If there was just a photo, video or text msg then that's different but there isn't so lets leave the panel and county exec to deal with it out of the media glare.

btdtgtt

I agree Last Man.
Now we've all realised there will never be a legal avenue.
Nobody wants these lads to get a free pass - but public hangings are never going to happen.
Nor do they serve the reputation of our county at this time.
If the lads are thrown off the squad - that's the start.
And if we want to put an end to it - they'll never pull the jersey on again.
As they walk into GAA grounds around Antrim - the stigma that everyone knows is more effective.

Milltown Row2

So still no names?? This is bizzare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2016, 07:36:57 PM

It's the great Antrim whodunnit mystery

I think most of it is nosiness
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 08, 2016, 07:40:29 PM

It's the great Antrim whodunnit mystery

I think most of it is nosiness

Nosiness?

Brocky

I don't think this forum is the place to be putting names up, acusing anyone, especially with what appears to be a lack of evidence

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brocky on April 08, 2016, 09:08:48 PM

I don't think this forum is the place to be putting names up, acusing anyone, especially with what appears to be a lack of evidence

Hasn't stopped names being put up before
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Brocky

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2016, 10:03:09 PM

Feel free

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brocky on April 08, 2016, 10:18:04 PM

Feel free

I don't know..... That's why I was asking

theboss11

I wonder how many previous games they bet on, surely this isn't a first and would have likely occurred again in the future had they not been caught out.

Brocky

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

Feel free

I've been told 4 names but there's no way I'm putting them up on this board.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Brocky on April 09, 2016, 07:24:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2016, 10:27:11 PM

Feel free

I've been told 4 names but there's no way I'm putting them up on this board.

Ok ,we'll start a game of guess who. Do they wear glasses? Have they got hair? Sorry, should have started with is it a man or woman?

hurlingstick

Laois beat Westmeath in playoff. 2A for Westmeath again.

PastHurler

Hi lads, I am new to this forum but just wanted to know about strong rumours coming out of the Ballyduff Senior hurling club in North Kerry that PJ o Mullain is on the verge of joining their set up as a coach this summer? Has anyone heard anything about this?
The logistics seem quite tough, but I think Jerry Wallis travelled up
From Cork before to manage the Antrim hurlers.