Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

'suit' possibly wasn't the best choice of words I'd say... but some have stated that there maybe wasn't that much truth in the rumors hence why the county board have done nothing so basically ....'let it go guys' is what we should do. I want a county board that have the good of the game at the core of their decision making. I need more convincing considering the strength of those rumors and would not be happy if totally unethical practices like this were swept under the carpet. If it was someone from my club alleged to have been involved, I'd think no different.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2016, 11:33:57 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 08, 2016, 11:17:41 AM
Quote from: cfclg on April 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: Brocky on April 07, 2016, 05:13:42 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 07, 2016, 02:52:16 PM
Like I said yesterday.  I suppose there's that many stories going around. It's about who chooses to believe what.  I no the gambling happened and it's not about how much money was made.  It's the principle of the thing.  Do you want players who have backed themselves to loose to be representing our county.  This has gone away to easy for me.  Sorry.

I agree with you totally, there's no place for it. But I honestly can't see it happening, it will be a pleasant surprise if it does.
The new exec have taken a strong stance on everything else, this could be the one item that hurts them.

Some people on here this week were saying its over now, lets move on. I for one will not leave this alone. Its the very principle of the thing that annoys the sh*te out of me. I don't care if they made £50K or £5 betting against us. THESE COUNTY HURLERS BET AGAINST THEMSELVES. The game may have been a dead rubber for Antrim but this clearly shows a serious lack of respect towards our county and the game in general when people can do this.

I don't care about a public flogging but can the county exec at least release a statement saying they know it happened and that the players have/are being dealt with. That would send a clear message out that the times of f**king about and sweeping stuff under the carpet is over.

I agree 100% with you. It suits some posters on this board to sweep it under the carpet also for some reason. Maybe it will disappear if people stop writing about it!

Who does it suit?

Seems to suit a few who want it swept under the carpet as to not rock the boat. I've spoke to players who saw the betting slips, who over heard the conversations of those involved.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Like I said yesterday.  I suppose there's that many stories going around. It's about who chooses to believe what.  I no the gambling happened and it's not about how much money was made.  It's the principle of the thing.  Do you want players who have backed themselves to loose to be representing our county.  This has gone away to easy for me.  Sorry.

I agree with you totally, there's no place for it. But I honestly can't see it happening, it will be a pleasant surprise if it does.
The new exec have taken a strong stance on everything else, this could be the one item that hurts them.

Some people on here this week were saying its over now, lets move on. I for one will not leave this alone. Its the very principle of the thing that annoys the sh*te out of me. I don't care if they made £50K or £5 betting against us. THESE COUNTY HURLERS BET AGAINST THEMSELVES. The game may have been a dead rubber for Antrim but this clearly shows a serious lack of respect towards our county and the game in general when people can do this.

I don't care about a public flogging but can the county exec at least release a statement saying they know it happened and that the players have/are being dealt with. That would send a clear message out that the times of f**king about and sweeping stuff under the carpet is over.

+1

If our CB are serious about change and all this fan fare of what they will deliver then this is a test of them.

They were quick off the mark to counter LW's comments. I dont see them as quick to deal with these betting stories other than to flippantly deny them even tho people who were there said it was true.

For transparency and to rebuild all the lost confidence within the county it needs to be addressed.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 08, 2016, 11:52:32 AM

I agree 100% with you. It suits some posters on this board to sweep it under the carpet also for some reason. Maybe it will disappear if people stop writing about it!

Who does it suit?

Seems to suit a few who want it swept under the carpet as to not rock the boat. I've spoke to players who saw the betting slips, who over heard the conversations of those involved.

There it is then, the evidence. Get it put in writing to the County Exec and there's no more dodging from it no matter what club/clubs they are from. The whole debacle is wrapped up, perpetrators given the road, we all move on. That would suit me the very best.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on April 08, 2016, 12:45:22 PM

Who does it suit?

There it is then, the evidence. Get it put in writing to the County Exec and there's no more dodging from it no matter what club/clubs they are from. The whole debacle is wrapped up, perpetrators given the road, we all move on. That would suit me the very best.

Why should I do the countys job and give them names?

north aontroim gael

Who does it suit?

If the county board want supporters to get behind the team and spend money attending games and buying merchandise then they have to deal with this issue.  There is no way I'll be taking my family to a game until it is resolved.  I've spent a good bit of money going to Antrim games in the past 5 years but won't be spending any more if I know that certain players were backing against the team they were playing in.

I don't care for public naming & shaming but I know who the individuals involved were any I wouldn't want them involved at all going forward.

north_antrim_hound

Imm not trying to defend the county board here and agree that there should be more disclosure on how it was handled but what if they can't get any shred of concrete evidence even they know it happened
Innocent until proven guilty and all that s..t
What way should it be handled then take them up to castlereagh and beat them with telephone directories until they sign
If there is hard evidence and its hushed up than that's a disgrace for sure
Do we know how much they have to go on

I see MC manus has made himself available v Kildare so things looking up a bit for new management
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north aontroim gael

Hard evidence being what? Bet slips and account statements?

Bet slips will have been cashed and account statements impossible to obtain.

These boys were openly discussing the issue hence how word has spread far & wide.  All the players in the camp know who was involved.

cfclg

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 08, 2016, 12:49:31 PM
Imm not trying to defend the county board here and agree that there should be more disclosure on how it was handled but what if they can't get any shred of concrete evidence even they know it happened
What way should it be handled then take them up to castlereagh and beat them with telephone directories until they sign

I see MC manus has made himself available v Kildare so things looking up a bit for new management

All the county board needs to do is acknowledge that this happened, its being investigated and those who are guilty will be dealt with in due course. They are running scared on this one. Time to face up, acknowledge it and show that we won't just accept things like this happening.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north aontroim gael on April 08, 2016, 12:53:38 PM
Hard evidence being what? Bet slips and account statements?

Bet slips will have been cashed and account statements impossible to obtain.

These boys were openly discussing the issue hence how word has spread far & wide.  All the players in the camp know who was involved.

So where do they go from there have an internal tribunal where on player is pointing to another player and saying it was him
Then these boys will be hurling against each other and club level
It's a hard thing to sort out
What is the correct procedure for this that all parties can be satisfied
I would like their names disclosed to but it opens another new chapter of bad feeling

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: cfclg on April 08, 2016, 12:55:04 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 08, 2016, 12:49:31 PM

All the county board needs to do is acknowledge that this happened, its being investigated and those who are guilty will be dealt with in due course. They are running scared on this one. Time to face up, acknowledge it and show that we won't just accept things like this happening.

Fair point

Last Man

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 08, 2016, 12:49:15 PM

Who does it suit?

Why should I do the countys job and give them names?

I didn't say you, I meant the players who directly have the evidence. Hearsay isn't worth sh!te in a case like this.

AQMP

Agree 100%

NAG1

Quote from: AQMP on April 08, 2016, 01:11:46 PM

Agree 100%

Yeah I think the least that could be expected is a statement to say that they acknowledge that there is an issue to be addressed.
Any investigation could then be done in house and moves made in that way.

Just to blatantly ignore and hope that the management appointments gloss over it is a bit old school.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would say that new management will not tolerate any of the nonsense thats occurred. Can you imagine fuking about with woody or pappy and them not saying something or telling you to GTF? not a chance.
hurl like f**k boi!